.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Warning...Warning...

I've had a bad day and the last thing I need is to watch this idiot on Dr. Phil. I've been in a 'pre-prozac' mood all day and you really don't want to make eye contact with me. Just a warning.

I took Charlie to the doctor this morning (waited 50 minutes for the Dr. while he stood outside our room talking to a drug rep) and to the pharmacy (waited 35 minutes), and it honestly didn't improve my mood. (*Charlie is fine, just a bit of a cold like infection that needs antibiotics)

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I'm pretty good 350 days a year. Those other 15 days are hell for me and anyone who comes near me. No, they don't deserve it, and neither do I. But, other than burying myself in a hole without the slightest bit of air, I can't keep it from happening. It would be nice if the 15 (give or take) days would be in a row. Mark could just send me away till it was over and we'd all be good. But, it doesn't work that way. And I never know when it'll happen. Yes, I take all my meds. Before medication I was good maybe 50 days out of the year. I've taken prozac since Charlie was 4 years old...so, 11 years. About 6 years ago I had to have an emergency hysterectomy so I also take hormones. (* Another side note...the popular hormone Premarin is made from pregnant mare urine. It's what I was put on first, till I did a study and found out what it was made from and the complete hell that they put female horses through to make this. Pregnant mare farms...do a study, it's nasty and complete animal abuse. Since I refused to take it, they put me on Estradoil, a vegetable based hormone. Go PETA!)

Okay, talking about the ridiculously cruel things people do reminds me of this idiot on Dr. Phil that I started to blog about...an hour ago. I've heard commercials advertising shows discussing 'poly-fidelity' lately. I figure that many people will do most anything they can get away with and this poly-fidelity is just another example of it. It's a 'committed' relationship between a married couple with either another person or another couple. Whatever, whether I approve or not means nothing to anyone but me. This guy on Dr. Phil (which, I rarely watch but since Charlie was home, I was home) had been married to his wife for 20 years, they have 4 kids (from 6 years old to 16 years old) and was probably the most arrogant man I've ever seen. Wait...there was that guy I knew in Muncie...no, the guy today was the most arrogant. He was openly having an affair with a woman that he described (in front of his wife) as the most beautiful woman he'd ever seen, "the kind of woman that makes men fall out of their seats" he said. He'd tried to convince his wife that this other woman could be a help to his wife because she (the wife) has so much to do taking care of their four kids and the house and all...and he has so much energy...see where he's going here?? That his having sex with this other woman would put less pressure on his wife to 'satisfy' him. He said that most countries around the world accept poly-fidelity relationships, and why should he be punished because it isn't accepted here in the states? Oh, hon...you should be punished a whole hell of a lot more than this. And I'm just in the mood to be the one who does it. The entire hour he tried to convince Dr. Phil and the audience how this isn't that big of a deal. Dr. Phil told him he was selfish and arrogant. I don't know if he (Dr. Phil) is always that on target, but he was today. He also asked the wife why she gave this idiot (my pet name for him) power over her life and happiness, and she said she wanted to save her marriage. Me? I'd be making sure this man had one hell of a life insurance policy and then I'd take up brake mechanics as a hobby...

24 Comments:

Blogger kathi said...

jan ~ awwww, hon...not to worry. I'm crazy about you, and I've never really hurt anyone...badly.
:)

9:19 PM  
Blogger Brotha Buck said...

I never could stomach Dr. Phil, even when he was on Oprah.

9:32 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

buck ~ actually, I kinda liked his 'in your face' attitude. Of course, it could have just been my mood. :) Hey, thanks for the info on the super bowl.

6:10 AM  
Blogger Hasan Mubarak said...

I think it's perfectly normal to have a break from your all-time nice mood just for the sake of a change. Afterall, we are humans...

And, that account of a man involved in 'poly-fidelity' is simply ridiculous!

7:02 AM  
Blogger DZER said...

lucky for me, I don't cheat!

unlucky for me, I don't have anyone not to cheat on!

LOL

have your mad days darlin' ... and revel in them, I say!

7:29 AM  
Blogger SmileDragon said...

Pregnant Mare Urine huh? An interesting article to read on urine therapy :

http://www.nexusmagazine.com/articles/urine.html

Not directly related to your post, but I thought it would be an interesting read for you.

7:36 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

mike ~ and I'm just saying...no, don't stare there either.
and on the comment about the husband...THANK YOU !!

8:43 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

hasan ~ Thank you, and, thank you! LOL.

dzer ~ awww, these sort of days are not fun for anyone...especially me babe. Just a breath away from calling it quits.

crystal ~ thank you so much for that link. I read it and followed up on a lot of the the other links from the site. I sent it to my sis-in-law who has suffered from MS for years and is now in a chair. Thank you.

one of the girls ~ THANK YOU. I'm so glad someone else saw it and knows what an ass this guy was! So, you can relate to what I said completely. THANK YOU!! Oh, and btw, feel better soon, my friend.

8:48 AM  
Blogger mikster said...

See!...see!!!!....Sometimes I can leave a relevant comment on the post....I figure that pretty soon people would think I'm just all smartass instead of 90% if I didn't ....lol

Have a super weekend sweetie!!

9:05 AM  
Blogger SmileDragon said...

No problem. I have a few friends that practice the urine therapy. It works for them, even for the smallest things.. one friend used to have serious acne and she started splashing it on her face while in the shower, she hasn't had a break out since.

9:41 AM  
Blogger SmileDragon said...

Another good place to read up on it is ....

http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/urine.htm

It has some good links. I tried to get my mom to consider it, with her diabeties and heart problems, and the cancerous mass on her adrenal glad, but she won't.

9:44 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

nikki ~ That's my girl!

crystal ~ shirley's is one of the sites I sent her. Thanks again!

10:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Without your bad days how would know the good ones. AS someone above said, "revel in the bad days and learn from them."
As far as that man on the Dr. Phil show perhaps he should let his wife do the things he wants to do with another man. Then let him make a request. This man has no love in his soul. He needs a lot of work and a lot of positive energy. A cold shower would help.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Well, I’ve had my polygamy days, but that was in the past. Cheating is a huge sign that you’re not 100% happy with the person you’re with. Even if both parties agree to it---I still think there’s something missing. Why would you want to be with someone else when you are ‘in love’ with the person you’re with? Even if your wife is pregnant----wait it out. Let her come to you. Love is patient—right? I’m with ya on this one Kath…However, I think looking at the merchandise is a wonderful thing---touching it is another.

I’m sorry you had a rough couple of days. Believe me, I go through my manic phases 363 days out of the year, so I know what it’s all about. Wow---that medication sounds hideous. Did they tell you before you took it? That’s a huge thing for most people to realize how they make it.

Glad you seem to be doing okay today. Love you!!!! xxoo

P.S. Dr. Phil is a pompous asshole! Sorry—but I can’t stand the guy. He thinks he knows every solution to every problem. Yeah- he’s mostly right about some things, but it annoys me when people are TOO high and mighty for their own good------like Montel Williams. He doesn’t even let the people speak for the love of God!

11:09 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

dave ~ Though I may not appreciate them as much, I'd still recognize them.
I like the cold shower idea, but I like the idea of putting his head down in a toilet bowl better. :) But that's just me.
Thanks for stopping by!

12:40 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

deb ~ I agree, 100%, but what else is new? Nothing wrong with looking at the scenery as long as you keep driving home.
I don't watch Dr. Phil enough to know that much about him and I've never seen Montel (though he's a good looking guy from the commercials)... If I'm watching t.v. during the day, it's usually something I've got saved on the dvr.
Need a tissue babe??

12:43 PM  
Blogger MZPEACH said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:35 AM  
Blogger MZPEACH said...

What is she thinking? That is only going to destroy and disgrace the marriage. That is terrible..and the kids?
Both of the parents are selfish. They wan't to be happy and they don't care about anyone else.
I hope you feel better. 350 good days? Wow, that is wonderful. You are doing a great job to me.

1:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Kathi, I can't get the phrase "pre-Prozac mood" out of my head. I think I'm going to design it into a T-shirt. That, and Genna's "Cease The Day" phrase.

King of Bad Mood T-shirts (A SableDawn Company) - that's my new dream! LOL!

10:52 AM  
Blogger Shawn said...

"I'd take up brake mechanics as a hobby." Gosh you're so violent...I love it.

I wish I had seen this segment. I am sure Dr Phil's audience was up in arms the entire show.

It's ridiculous the hell women/men let their spouses put them through. When will people learn to love themselves enough not to put up with disrespect? Were there older kids aware of his infidelity?

2:45 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

HELP WANTED!!!

Reliable, sexy, female nurse--needed in a residential home to fulfill the needs of two sick lesbians. Please be detail oriented and able to perform multiple services.

We are an unequal opportunity employer. Sexy females only for nursing job.

Apply from within.

























Kath? Would this be spamming? Hmmm......... I'll pay you for the advertising space. Unless of course, you want the job! ????

2:50 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

gp ~ I love you girl. Have since day one. What happened to Betty Boop, though...?? Hey, I'm just saying...life insurance ~ the more the better. Accidents happen... :)

shawn ~ I know if anyone would love my violent side, it'd be you. And that's what I'm saying...what kind of example is that setting for those kids? Didn't say if the kids knew, or I didn't hear it...I was yelling a lot.

deb ~ LOL, hon my space is your space. Anything I have is yours (want the kids??). And as sweet as you are to offer me the job of taking care of the two of you, I'm gonna have to say hell no !!

5:02 PM  
Blogger Read This said...

My goodness...don't you know...guys don't cheat for fun...they do it to improve their sexual abilities...so therefore are trying to get better in bed FOR their wife...geesh....it's totally unselfish...haha....the guy on the Dr. Phyliss show sure had large cajones...have to give him that...

8:13 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

cm ~ I don't have to give him crap, and I'd like to hang those 'large cajones' on my rearview mirror. Actually, I think it takes 'larger cajones' to keep them in your pants when you find yourself tempted...and it's not by your spouse.

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home