.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Men, take notes...

When a woman asks you to 'watch her bag'...watch her bag.

Casey wanted new shoes this weekend. The last pair of new shoes he got, not so long ago, were Adidas, made with some kind of white fabric with a few green stripes on them. I asked him at the time to get something besides white fabric. What does Mom know? Well, apparently that you can't keep white fabric anywhere near clean when they're on the feet of a 16 year old boy. I mean, they'd be hard to keep clean on any guy...but at size 15, they're hard to put in the wash and would kill my dryer. And let's face it, he's not going to clean them by hand (I think he did for the first month maybe...) and I'm not going to do it after warning him about them. Okay, I did a few times too...but do you know how big a size 15 is?? It's about a 3 hour job to clean them...would be easier to run them through a car wash.
Back to this weekend. Mark didn't work Saturday (he usually goes into the office for a few hours three Saturdays a month) so all of us went shopping. The first thing that ticked me off was when we got out of the car, Mark and the boys are walking about three feet in front of me. Yeah, okay, so I'm a bit slow because I'm still favoring my right knee. However, even if I were crawling on one knee and an elbow, they should wait for me. Walk beside me. I stop and say "excuse me", and they wait for me. They tease me the entire time, but they waited.
The first store we visited was Nike. After walking around for awhile, Casey picks out a pair. The largest we could find was a size 13. He decides to try them on, just in case they run big. My baby, the dreamer. So he and I sit as he tries them on and Mark is standing watching. His big toe cries for help as he crams his foot in. Seriously, I can hear it. But I'm a woman and we know shoe pain. (* Side note: One word...Crocs. No more pain...ever)
Okay, back to the shoe not fitting. Casey sits there, Mark stands there...like the shoe is gonna grow??? So, I tell them to watch my bag and I'll see if they carry it in a larger size. I walk around the aisle, ask a store clerk and, no, size 13 is the largest. I walk back to where we were sitting and there are strangers sitting on each side of my bag. I kid you not, I wasn't gone 20 seconds, if that long. I'm looking around to see if they're at least in the same aisle where they could keep an eye on it, but no, they're nowhere near the aisle. I can't believe they just walked off and left my bag there. I excused myself, reaching between two women and pick up my bag. So, yeah, I'm mad. And what makes me even more angry is that they just don't get it. Casey said he forgot (in 20 seconds???) and Mark just shrugged and said he didn't notice.
Men, give me a break. Would you take out your wallet (containing all your cash, bank and credit cards, license), your car keys, a $300 pair of glasses, your cell phone and all the other essentials that you carry, put them in a pile in a crowd of total strangers and just walk off? So what makes a woman's bag less important? Just telling about it now makes me angry. C'mon, the bag itself cost over a hundred bucks, not alone everything in it and considering the hassle it would be to replace and cancel everything in it. Yeah, I should have carried it with me. What was I thinking that 2 full grown men would be able to guard one small bag between them?? Bottom line, we give men way too much credit sometimes.
The shoes? Neither the Nike or Adidas stores carried shoes large enough for Casey, at least not in shoes he wanted. Footlocker and the likes carry some but not all shoes in his size. We came home without shoes. He went onto Nikes web site and most of what he picked out didn't come in sizes larger than 13. He finally bought a pair on line, for around $120. Mark can't understand why Caseys shoes should cost so much, and yet he walked off with the equivalent of, at the very least, 10 times that much sitting on a bench in a crowd without a second thought. Men...

With that said, yes, I do love my guys. All of them. But that doesn't mean I'm not tempted to occasionally smother them in their sleep.

38 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

Easy tiger! I think it may have been an innocent mistake. Believe me, I HATE watching someone else's bag. Every time I'm out at a club or bar or whatever-----one of my friends always pulls the ol' "Watch my bag!" Not even asks---just tells you. So then you're left with this HUGE responsibility of watching their bag. I always say, "No!" BUT-----if it was Madelene (which she is like a man, carries a fricken wallet) but if she had a purse and asked me--of course I would have to watch it... Or else... She wouldn't buy me a new pair of sneakers... ;)

I'm so bad. You shouldn't even go by my advice or comment here. Delete me please! ha!

Love you Kath! I would watch your bag for ya, but then again, wouldja' trust me???

8:00 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

If we're at a restaurant and I go to the bathroom, I don't ask them...hey, it's at our table. But gees, in a really crowded store on a Saturday afternoon for (did I mention) TWENTY SECONDS!!! What ticks me off is how nonchalant they were about it...no biggie.
Baby, baby...I'd trust you with my life.

8:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh man men! I'd have to agree with ya, we do give them to much credit, I've ask Chris to hold my purse for not even 30 seconds so i could put my hair up, or just do soemthing that wont even take longet than a min. and then he starts complaining, so do you think this purse fits me or what? i usually say something smart back. Like oh' yea its you color. Then he's like here, im not a girl, MEN! What else can you say about them. So now I've learned to never leave a purse with a man. Just take it with me wherever i go.

love ya bunch,

xoxo
abi

8:19 AM  
Blogger DZER said...

Do they have a Famous Footwear near where you live? Or a Ross? I have found shoes for MY huge feet — which are generally 15s also, though a 14EEE will often work — at both places — Nike, Adidas, dress shoes, work boots, even a pair of Footjoy golf shoes!

But yes, they should watch the purse when they're told.

But can't women come up with a bag that they can carry with them everywhere? LOL ... Us men wouldn't leave our wallets in the middle of a store on a bench because ... we put them in our pockets LOL

8:33 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

abi ~ THANK YOU

dzer ~ don't make me hurt you.

one of the girls ~ (could you find a longer name?? LOL) Y'all never found the camera?? Oh, man...if he lost my camera he'd be a dead man. Well, until he replaced it with something 3X's the upgrade of the original.

8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever noiticed how especially in the summertime they ask you to put their keys and wallet in your purse because it doesn't fit in their pockets. I think if they are going to use the space they should at least take a turn carring the stupid purse.
Have your guys ever assumed that your purse is a magic purse and containes one of everything ever invented on the planet. They seem quite amazed when you have to tell them sorry I left the Allen wrenches on the work bench at home.
"Are you sure you don't have a screwdriver in there somewhere?"

9:24 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

katy ~ Oh yeah, lots of times Mark will ask me if I have room for this or that. You know what? I don't think I have as much room as I use to.

9:39 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

hizzle sweet thizzle ~ YES! See, women get it. And as hard as it is to lose a good bag (prada, yum) it's not just the money...but the time it takes to replace everything.
And hon, believe me...I've got pillows. :)

9:52 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

I have to agree with Dzer a bit here-----we have to get bags that carry on us constantly---like a back pack or something---or at least something that's easy to carry. We'll look like a bunch of tree-hugging campers, but we'll know where our purses are. I think someone should invent this type of look. Sporty- yet feminine...trendy---yet classy... Hmmm.....

For me? I sometimes wear those cargo pants so I can put all my stuff in there...but then again...I end up looking like a big ol' dyke. What else is new? ha!

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deb, Coach makes a very cool leather Backpack/Purse. I actually like a backpack better than a purse. I like the hands free to power shop also I hate it when I reach for something and my purse falls off my sholder and slams into a shelf full of breakables. The cargo pants soung good except that I am afraid I would look like a cargo ship! The aft end is broad enough!

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry should have been sound instead of soung.

11:40 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

deb ~ The thing with back bags is that I don't feel comfortable (safe) with them behind me.
And if you go agree'n with dzer, you're just going to encourage him in thinking he's right...like he needs encouragement, lol.

katy ~ I hate that too, and if someones bag went slamming into breakables while shopping, you know it would be mine. LOL Not that you're not a clutz too, cause I know you are. :)
And what I said about deb encouraging dzer, it's goes double for you encouraging deb!!

HUGS ALL!!

11:52 AM  
Blogger Stacy-Deanne said...

Kathi you hit the nail on the head. I have been thinking a lot about why men are the way they are lately. I hadn't realized they thought THAT differently from us until I sat down and evaluated the things men do. Talk about stuff not making sense. Why do you have to tell a man something a hundred times for him to understand or do it? And then they claim you're nagging when you do this. But if they listened in the first place we wouldn't have to get on them right? Men don't listen for some reason, or either they purposely shut our voices out, LOL! Also, what is the thing about men not wanting to use maps and instructions? I just don't understand this. It really gets to me! I mean they would rather drive around and get lost then to use a map. It's like they don't want to do what we suggest because they know we're right. And then they sit around wondering why they get in such predicaments. They should have been listening to us in the first place. Ah men. Can't live with them, can't kill them. LOL!

12:44 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

stacy d ~ honey...don't you have any pillows???

1:52 PM  
Blogger SmileDragon said...

I have finally got Hubby trained with the purse thing. I had a similar thing happen to me. We were at Wal-Mart and I put my purse in the spot where you put kids. He asked me to run and check something out, so I told him to watch my purse. I come back and find him in an isle, with the basket all by its self at the end of it, out in the open, with my purse still in it! He had just cashed his check, and the entire thing was in my purse! DUH! I don't think I shut up about that for a month.

So, now he won't leave the basket unless he checks with me to make sure I am watching my purse myself.

2:09 PM  
Blogger mikster said...

I think a backpack is the answer...but that's probably not the answer you were looking for huh?....lol

3:17 PM  
Blogger mikster said...

Sheesh...and no one told me Tuesday was male bashing day....I'm gonna have to tell my boss that Tuesday's are a bad day to give me off....but since she's a woman...that'll never fly....lol

3:20 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

crystal ~ I'm taking notes...lol. Girl, I just visited your site and saw your job list...you scare me. No, really.

mike ~ no, not exactly...how about kma?? Men are really on my bad side today...wait, lol...that would be my good side, huh? :)

3:21 PM  
Blogger mikster said...

lol....As long as you know I'm on your side...it's all good.

4:12 PM  
Blogger mikster said...

Deb's making fun of my hair cut...would you ground her or something?

5:37 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

C'mere Mikey---lemme rub that bald shaven head of yours!

6:10 PM  
Blogger mikster said...

SEE!?!

7:04 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

What hair cut???

7:51 PM  
Blogger Nabeel said...

but see we don't ask anyone to hold our stuff .. like wallet for instance .. and holding a purse .. its like a new experience for us :) - we don't know what to do .. how to hold it and stuff. Now it's the purse .. then it will be hold my hair spray .. and then my eye liner and .. god knows what else :)

ya i know .. the kid's shoe should have costed less .. i think the reason is FASHION ..

8:43 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

nabeel ~ feeling lucky tonight are you? You know I'm gonna come down on you, yes?? Hon, I didn't ask them to hold it, I just asked them to keep an eye on it while I went to ask if they had that shoe in a larger size...FOR them.

And as for the cost...that's pretty much the norm. I don't think I've ever paid a whole lot less than that (at least not for the last 5-7 years). It's just that my hubby doesn't usually get involved in the kids clothes shopping, so he didn't know.

9:09 PM  
Blogger mikster said...

I've had time to contemplate this issue...and I'm seriously tearing up....Do I have a warped sense of humor or what?...lol

Oh...excuse me...*sniffle*

9:14 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

You've grown that vagina, haven't you? Gees. Deb and Leesa tried to tell me, but I wouldn't listen. It's getting your eyebrows done, isn't it? Turned ya all girly on me. Well, hell. Maybe your balls will grow back with the left eyebrow.
sniffle?? Get one of dzer's hankies. LOL

9:20 PM  
Blogger mikster said...

Don't make me 'arch' my eyebrow at you lil missy!!...lol

9:42 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

Now THAT'S funny!

9:49 PM  
Blogger mikster said...

If you think that's funny you should see what I told Super that I'm contemplating....lol

(Just tell me to shut up and go to bed...lol)

9:57 PM  
Blogger KyuBall said...

Ok...not all guys are that bad. It just takes some guys a bit more time to grow out of it.

Your sons need to have something of theirs stolen...not a CD or something like that, but something that they had to work to pay for...then there's a 60% chance they'll finally get it.

10:01 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

mike ~ super?

kyuball ~ yeah? how long did it take you? :)

10:03 PM  
Blogger mikster said...

lol...a comment(er) on my blog...sorry for being so cryptic...(well cryptic sounds better than stupid anyway...lol)

10:19 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

I love Coach products. But men are like kids...they will forget things. I kinda think kids will forget things, the are too hyper.

10:38 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

I love Coach too. If I had to admit to one fault or weakness it would be bags. I buy and buy, but I also give away and give away...gotta make room for the new ones. :) (Shut up Katy)

7:05 AM  
Blogger Shawn said...

They were that nonchalant? I woulda raised if they were my stuff left behind.

10:49 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

shawn ~ I know you would have, lol. And I did, took me a couple of days to get over it.

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Blogger, I found your blog quite informative.
I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with it.
I give you my best wishes for your future endeavors.
If you have a moment, please visit my tropical bird supplies site.
Have a great week!

1:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home