.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Monday, January 23, 2006

Poetry Monday

Hmmmm, maybe not so much poetry. Here's a couple of 'poetic scripts'. :)

A Friend
A friend is someone who gives you the time you need even if it's time they do not have to give.
A friend is someone who wipes your tears while letting their own fall.
A friend is someone who gives you what you need most, even if they need it too.
A friend is someone you can call in the middle of the night if you need to.
A friend is someone you can tell something to that you don't want to admit to yourself.
A friend is someone who will look you in the eye and see what's in your heart.
Because a friend is a partner of trust, love and devotion.
You are forever my friend...as I am yours.

*I wrote this for my friend, Mac, for her birthday.

My Sister, My Friend
My words with you are not chosen, not carefully picked, not thoughtfully considered. They flow freely from my heart.
You allow me to share myself, my worst and my best, without fear of being judged.
You allow me the freedom to laugh at myself. You have the ability to unveil the humor that life's pain and frustrations blind me to.
You share my past and my future. You understand where my fears come from and share my hope for change.
You provide the honesty I need, while still letting me know how important I am to you.
You are my buffer to reality, my shoulder to cry on.
All I have, my problems and my joys...my failures and my accomplishments, you care for as if they were your own.
And though I am thankful for both, by birth we are sisters but by choice we are friends.

Yeah, I'm beginning to think I'm really just a Hallmark wannabe.

18 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Love poetry! And there is nothing wrong with being a Hallmark writer! It's way better than most of my "Life sucks" stuff that I write. lol

8:13 AM  
Blogger mikster said...

We lost our Hallmark up here...so there is an opening for you....lol

9:01 AM  
Blogger Read This said...

A friend is someone you can trust with your wife, your bail, and your beer. I don't have a wife, I don't plan on going to jail (who plans on going to jail?) but I'm watching you with my beer, girl.

If you write for Hallmark, is there a chance I can get in the sick, crazy, and raging maniac dept.?

Love your stuff...

9:07 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

kellie ~ I just left your site...girl, you got a 100%. That didn't suck!

mike ~ yeah, that's my goal in life...hey, wouldn't you have to be friendly for that kind of job. Sorry, no can do.

casually me ~ not to worry about me with your beer, babe. I'm a hard liquor kinda gal.
And darlin, you're already supervising that department. :) Love ya!

9:43 AM  
Blogger Shawn said...

Why a wannabe? I'm certain you could market your own line of cards. Do you know anyone that does good graphic work?

9:52 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

That's something I do want to do, my own line of cards, but I want to do blank note cards with my photos. Really, I don't see me as a writer. A blogger that rides your butt time to time, yes...but not a writer. :)

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BEUTIFUL :) Tell Mac i say happy birthday or belated bday, if im late on it. you are so good at writing, love the way you express things in your own words. love ya

xoxo
abi

10:38 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

You can make millions with your writings Kath------I would definitely apply for a job at Hallmark if I were you! I was just thinking that before I even read the last line!

Seriously!

10:46 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

deb ~ I think it's time for your meds, hon. Oh, do share, okay?

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work, My sister My Friend one breaks my heart.

11:10 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

katy ~ yeah, mine too. Thought long and hard about posting it. Thanks.

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I would have to agree...beautiful! And why not have both? Write your own cards and also have blank note cards with your photos...I think you can do it!! In fact, I know you can!!

Love you...and I'll probably see you before school today...try to hold in the excitement :)lol

12:44 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

Well, hell. That means I need to clean. :)
Are ya going to eat with us?

2:58 PM  
Blogger Clay said...

that was great :)

4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That depends on what you are eating?

5:00 PM  
Blogger Leesa said...

Kathi: I think Hallmark is in KS City - not sure you would have to move or anything. Just work from home. Love the tear line!

10:24 AM  
Blogger Brea said...

Thanks for sharing!

11:40 AM  
Blogger MZPEACH said...

Loved these poems Kathi.

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home