.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Poetry Monday

Little One

It's 5 a.m., too early to hear my two year old clumsily opening his door. There is just enough light to let me see his little silhouette feeling his way into our room. Something about his walk tells me he's eager to begin his day, and mine as well.

There is something about that last hour or two of sleep in the morning that is hard to give up. So, I put my youngest between my husband and myself, hoping he will close his eyes and slip back into a deep slumber.

Two, maybe three minutes pass and I'm just about to breathe a sigh of relief as I feel little fingers prying my eyes open to the sweetest grin ever to grace the face of a child.

Good morning little one,
how have you been
since I last kissed you
and tucked you in?
Did your pillow caress you,
your teddy hold you tight?
Did sweet dreams surround you
till this mornings light?
Was your first thought to find me
and give me a kiss?
Did your heart long to hear
how much you'd been missed?
Good morning little one,
I thank God above
for one more day to shower
my little one with love.


by me, kfmb :)

Hugs.

17 Comments:

Blogger DZER said...

sweet poetry ... must be a darling child ...

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awe that is so sweet Kathi! I really liked that one. Love you! Have a wonderful day...

Ps I start school this week so I will probably stop by soon. I have class Mondays and Tuesdays.

9:19 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

dzer ~ you're kidding, right? Have you not heard any of my 'Charlie' stories??

nikki ~ thanks sweetie...do you remember when Charlie was around that age? He was such a sweetie, Lord help me. :)
p.s. Well, pick a day hon, cause you know I don't want company twice in one week. :) (KIDDING...or am I?)

9:45 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

sweet hizzle ~ no you won't.

9:52 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Kathi, ~chapbook~chapbook~chapbook~ ......

Trying to give you subliminal messages over here!

This was absolutely beautiful--then again, I'm a huge fan of your poetry---more because it comes straight from your heart.

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute :)

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both the boys were soo cute when they were little, not that they aren't just as cute now of course. And I have some stuff to do today before class, so it will probably be next week on Monday or Tuesday. Any preferences?

12:10 PM  
Blogger Read This said...

I'm not a poetry kind of guy, but your writing blows me away. I post on other sites about subject matter, etc...but I think you could write about the phone book and keep me interested.

12:24 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

deb ~ exactly, you like my stuff cause you love me...and I love you for it.

blackops ~ ty

nikki ~ depends on what kind of mood I'm in, what Marks cooking... :) No, hon...anytime is fine, I hope you know that.

casually me ~ such a silly guy. And it's true what they say about flattery...better watch yourself.

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw Charlie on Sunday, did he tell you i said hi. I was in a hurry, I know I should of stopped by and atleast said hi.

Nice poem, keep posting them when they come to mind.

And I will always keep you in mind.

XOXO
Abi

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep writin' the rhymes my Texas princess, good stuff :)

8:52 PM  
Blogger Nabeel said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww @ poetry .. it's always a delight to read your poems (and I'm not just saying that)

"Was your first thought to find me
and give me a kiss?" .. i'm glad you think this too .. 'cuz I have asked this question before .. i'm glad to know that others ask this question too .. or it matters to them as it matters to me.

11:36 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

abi ~ no, he didn't tell me. You're so sweet hon, most of the time. :) Love ya.

wes ~ wow, thanks.

eric ~ thanks for stopping by. Poetry Monday's...

nabeel ~ babe, my words don't compare in the slightest to yours (or to your pictures) but I do appreciate your compliment. I'm glad you liked it.

6:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i always sweet as candy though!

xoxo
abi

7:44 AM  
Blogger Shawn said...

nice. :-D

8:14 AM  
Blogger Brea said...

That's love - thanks for sharing.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Nabeel said...

this is the most beautiful piece of poem i've read on a blog so far .. i was kinda missing it and wanted to read it again .. so glad I did

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home