.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Asked and Answered

*my friend, Katy, sent this to me*

OORAH!

A Marine was attending a college course between missions in Iraq and
Afghanistan. The professor, an avowed atheist, shocked the class one day when he walked in, looked toward the ceiling, and said loudly, "God, if you are real, then I want you to knock me off this platform. I'll give you exactly 15 minutes."

The lecture room fell silent and the professor began his lecture. Ten minutes went by and the professor proclaimed, "Here I am God - still waiting."

It got down to the last minute when the Marine stood up, walked toward the professor and threw his best punch knocking him off the platform and out cold.

The Marine went back to his seat and sat down.

The other students were shocked and stunned and sat there looking on in silence. The professor came to, noticeably shaken, looked at the Marine and asked, "What is the matter with you? Why did you do that?"

The Marine calmly replied, "God is busy today protecting America's soldiers who are protecting your right to behave like an idiot, so He sent me."

OORAH!

14 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

My friend sent this to me as well--this is an awesome forward! (AS MUCH as I hate forwards period) but this one is an exception.

God works in mysterious ways and works through people! Love this story!

6:30 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

Yeah, and here I had a really great one to send you the other day...but nooooo, didn't do it. Now, I don't remember what it was...could go look for it. :)

6:43 PM  
Blogger DZER said...

OOH-RAH!!

10:13 PM  
Blogger Greg - Cowboy in the Jungle said...

Ma'am, Yes Ma'am!
Ma'am, that is an excellent post Ma'am!

Ma'am, Thank you Ma'am!

10:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I love that one, its definitely one of my favorites.

10:52 PM  
Blogger KyuBall said...

Awesome post.

10:58 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

dzer ~ cool story, huh?

greg ~ Gee, that's a whole new side to you and I do believe I like it!

blackops ~ finally I do something you like. Took long enough.

10:59 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

kyuball ~ Thank you, just a forward sent to me. Unlike our friend, deb *sticks tongue out at deb* I appreciat a good forward. :) Did I say thanks?

11:18 PM  
Blogger Just Jan said...

OORAH indeed!!!! I loved that!

7:17 AM  
Blogger Read This said...

Semper Fidelis. Nothing more uplifting than a story involving a Marine, God, and a Prof. that gets his. 1st Lt. T.J. Allred USMC (Ret.)

8:11 AM  
Blogger Shawn said...

That's comedy. I love it!

9:08 AM  
Blogger Rose said...

Okay that was hilarious. I love it!

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this with everyone! Someone sent it to me and it has to be a new favorite of mine. I had many a professor that could have used a good smack for some of the mindless dribble that would come forth from their brilliant minds!

3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way the library thing still has me pissed. What a waste!

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home