.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Friday, January 13, 2006

Tagged

I was tagged by hizzle_thizzle, thanks sweetie.
Rules:
"The first player of this game starts with the topic five weird habits of yourself and people who get tagged need to write an entry about their five weird habits as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose the next five people to be tagged and link to their web journals."

Me...weird habits? Okay, I'll try.
1. I sleep with a stuffed animal, a Ty pup I call Spud.


When I woke up from my hysterectomy, about 5 years ago, my husband was standing there with this stuffed animal for me. It was the softest thing I'd ever felt and I remember petting and squeezing it when I'd hurt in the hospital. I've not slept a night without it since. I even pack it when we go on trips. Yeah...go ahead and laugh. I sleep with him cuddled against my chest and under my chin. Lucky pup, huh?

2. I can't stand dirty dishes on the counter...or anywhere really. I don't even want a piece of silverware in the sink when I go to bed. They either have to be in the dishwasher or washed and drying.

3. I'm unable to put a book down after I've started it. Sometimes I'll stay up till 3 a.m. reading and get up at 5 a.m. and start reading again. I've been like this about reading since I was around 10 years old.

4. I always have a fan on in my bedroom. It's like 'white noise' to me, it comforts me to hear and feel it. I also keep a small wind chime hanging next to my bed, and it helps me relax hearing it chime when the fan blows in it's direction.

5. I never let my gas tank get below 1/2 full. If it goes the slightest bit under 1/2 full, I fill it up. Drives my husband crazy when we're on a trip because he'll let it go into the red zone next to empty if he's driving...which drives me crazy.

Now, I'm suppose to tag 5 people. I'm not good at this part. So...if you've not done it and it wouldn't be a huge pain in the butt to do, please give it a try for me. Except for nikki...I insist you do it. :)
Hugs.

16 Comments:

Blogger no more said...

I never got how people could sleep with noise, my friend has to have a radio or tv on, my ex used to have to have the fan on. I'm like a vampire, no noise..no light. That's the way uh huh uh huh I like it :)

Plus my ceiling fan sounds like it's saying "Broomstraw" because it's old and crappy

5:58 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

muse ~ thanks for stopping by. I went by your site, and really enjoyed your post on the kindness of strangers. Thanks.

9:53 PM  
Blogger KyuBall said...

I sleep with two fans. One's electic and blows air...the other one is my wife, and she just likes me a lot.

I can't sleep well without either.

11:26 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

Thanks for the laugh, your wife is a lucky woman.

11:35 PM  
Blogger Read This said...

Here's a couple. I am really afraid of birds, no matter what size. I was interviewed by the FBI about being John Doe #2 in the OK city bombing deal. There were an odd set of circumstances, combined with a close match to the original drawing, and a vindictive ex-wife that watched TV way too much, lol. Of course I had nothing to do with it, and it took those FBI guys about a minute to figure that out.

8:19 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

cm ~ I, too, use to be afraid of birds after one getting caught in my hair when I was young. But, I'm pretty much okay with them now. And, John Doe #2...c'mon, that is kinda funny. I thought you looked familiar. :)

8:38 AM  
Blogger Greg - Cowboy in the Jungle said...

Ah ha! See you learn something new every day.

8:09 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

greg ~ yup, unless you sleep in all day.

9:15 PM  
Blogger Stacy-Deanne said...

Kat said: " I always have a fan on in my bedroom. It's like 'white noise' to me, it comforts me to hear and feel it. I also keep a small wind chime hanging next to my bed, and it helps me relax hearing it chime when the fan blows in it's direction. "

I am the same way! Even in the winter time (well if you can call it winter in Houston, LOL!) I keep my fans on! I have to, Kat. I can't stand to sit in a room without hearing that buzz. When it's very cold I turn them to the walls so I can still hear them. I have to keep them on because Houston is so noisy now isn't it? I wear earplugs constantly now and especially when I'm writing at the computer. It's just too much noise in the city now. The noise had me very stressed out this time last year. But I am glad to see I am not the only one who has to hear fans. That's amazing that we have that in common, LOL!

11:59 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

stacy d ~ Good to know I'm not alone, lol...I've gotta have that white noise.
When the noise starts to get on my nerves, I put on my ipod with my earpods...

12:13 AM  
Blogger Nabeel said...

I went to another blog thru your blog .. or I don't remember from where or how .. i dunno well anyway .. i saw your comment there on a post that talked about "Kindness of Strangers".. what a great post that was.

Hmmm @ fan in ur bedroom .. it was very interesting to know the things u do .. and hahaha @ 5th one .. and I agree with the fan and white noise concept. Many people wake up on very small sounds like i dunno someone talking slowly and something falling down (which most of the time is lower the the noise that of a fan)

12:27 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

nabeel ~ That was a good post, it really made me stop and think of those that stand out in my memory of having done me a kindness, and wonder, too, if anyone will remember me.

Glad you enjoyed my list, babe...gonna do yours now???

12:37 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

What a comforting thing your husband did for you. I don't think it's strange at all. I think it's sweet.

About the dishes-----MARRY ME! (haha) Actually my girlfriend and I never leave a dish in the sink---it disturbs us to no end. I think the both of us have OCD--who knows. I think it's a VERY good habit to keep.

The fan in your bedroom---'white noise'---that's the only thing that keeps me sleeping. The silence is 'noise' to me. I can't sleep without a fan or heater running of some sort.

Ummm....#5....NORMAL! I think that's SMART of you to never let your tank go below half full. Especially in this weather (well in NY it's like 0 degrees out) ---the tank can fill up with water residue and freeze if it's almost on E.

Kath? Can you now give us a list of WEIRD things you do????????????????????

9:55 AM  
Blogger Shawn said...

That stuffed animal thing is a little off.

10:13 AM  
Blogger Wenchy said...

I am the same with the fan!

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY!
» »

2:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home