.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Saturday, March 18, 2006

V For ......

It's early Saturday morning, and if I hadn't had to get up to let the dogs out and feed them, I'd still be in bed. However, I know that some of you wanted to know about V For Vendetta. Sorry, I didn't care for it. To me it was slow and boring. However, and here is the real kicker, my kids loved it. Keep in mind, my boys are 15 & 16 years old. You'd have thought it'd be the other way around. Charlie even said he had waited to go to the bathroom cause there wasn't anywhere he felt he could leave without missing something. I suggested somewhere between the last preview and the ending credits, but he didn't think that was funny.
So, there you go...draw your own conclusions. I did think Natalie Portman was good, guess that should give it at least 1/4 of a star. Hey, I said she was good...not excellent.

8 Comments:

Blogger Read This said...

I've never heard of Vendetta or Natalie Portman. Is this shield related? Haha. Hope you have a nice weekend. Texas probably has 30 or 40 executions scheduled this weekend, you could always go catch a few of those? Maybe go to the Bush compound and go Dan Quayle hunting with Dick Cheney? Playing..have fun this weekend...why am I qualifying it...have fun for the rest of your life. Makes mental note, one less thing to say to kathi for the rest of my life, lol.

8:36 AM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

I don't have any plans to go see it, but I can see how it would attract the 15 and 16 year olds. Have a good weekend.

8:50 AM  
Blogger DZER said...

i almost went to see it late last night ... but missed the show time by like 5 minutes ...

9:21 AM  
Blogger ghartstein said...

Every time I see Natalie Portman playing an adult role, I feel really, really old!!

3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear you didn't care much for the movie. Ezel and I both want to see it, and probably still will. I guess I'll just have to see for myself and come to my own conclusions...

Have a good rest of the weekend!

8:06 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

cm ~ darlin, you just wait and see...when you get here you'll never want to leave!

lucy ~ it wasn't what I'd expected. It was a british film with more dialogue than anything else and very political. It really was something that I'd not expect the boys to like.

dzer ~ you'll probably love it.

mr g ~ why is that?

nikki ~ be sure to let me know what you think. hugs babe.

12:08 AM  
Blogger Wenchy said...

I love your relationship with your boys. :)

3:14 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Are you sure Natalie Portman isn't the reason they liked it? That would have done it for me when I was 16.

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home