.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Gotta Have Balance

I love passion. Don't confuse passion with drama, because I don't do drama. I stay far, far away from drama dealers. But give me someone with passion and I'm a goner. I love passion. I'm not talking about romantic passion, sorry. I'm talking about passion for what they feel, what they believe and how they live.
I paid a visit over to The Cabana this morning before I started to blog. I simply love this guy. He's got the combination of what I just go ga-ga over, passion and sarcasm. Passion alone is an honorable trait, but alone, it gets boring. Pair it with sarcasm, and darlin', you can twist me around your little finger. On the same side of the road, sarcasm without selfless passion is just obnoxious.
Looking over my favorite blogs, I see a pattern. I don't think I have anyone listed that is afraid to tackle the big issues, the controversial issues, the taboo issues...and they do it with wit. I think that's how I enjoy going about life. Give me something to tackle, and let me do it with hope, expectancy and humor. If I can't do it with humor, my whole heart won't be in it.
Another one of my favorites is Anne, a 26 year old woman with ovarian cancer, but that's not what defines her. She's a smartass with heart. That is what defines her.
I know plenty of people who have the sarcasm down, but the only thing they're passionate about in life is something that benefits them. I know plenty of people that are passionate about the most worthy of causes, but haven't a joyous bone in their body.
Balance, people. I may love all of Gods children, but the circle I center myself in is few.

18 Comments:

Blogger Johnnie Avocado said...

Kathi....I was just thinking about doing a post like this. I too love people who have a strong focus, or passion which drives them. Thanks for the thoughts.

7:55 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

johnnie ~ write it sweetie, I'm sure it'll put mine to shame and you know I'll be there to read it. Hugs.

8:05 AM  
Blogger Read This said...

I am passionate about the important things in life, kids...god...geting laid...powerlifting...getting laid...wait did I say getting laid? LOL. You make a great point, and find that is something that is missing in my life...someone that is passionate about something other than themself. So many folks just don't care unless it affects them at that moment in time and space. I am sick of not caring, and in the morning...or maybe next week..or for sure next year...I am going to do something about it.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Kelli said...

Awh Kathi..that was the nicest thing you could have said.

I wonder if "Smartass with a Heart" could go on a headstone someday (some day way way off of course!)

Just love you Kathi..you are one of my favorites too!

9:05 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

cm ~ you're such a goofball. You and I both know that you talk a much bigger game than you play. You're one of the most humble people I know. Love you.

anne ~ I think if tombstones were an honest portrayal of a persons life, there'd be a lot more of them with things like this on them. Personally, I'd prefer this more than the generic stuff I read on them. Let's just do skywriting for which ever one of us goes home first, okay? Love you too, Anne.

9:40 AM  
Blogger DZER said...

I used to have a circle ... wonder what happened to it ... hmmm ... gonna have to do a google search!

9:57 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

dzer ~ go ahead and google, you'll find I'm still there. :)

10:33 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

I think blogs are just unique to describe whether or not they have passion or not. It depends. Maybe they’re not telling ‘all’---which is okay. Some blogs are self-indulgent where they focus on the primary thing—which is themselves. I guess that’s why people blog—to vent and because blogging is narcissistic in a round-about way, isn’t it?

Passion comes from a love of whatever they do. If they have a passion for writing, you can easily tell right away by the style of their writing and the way they can bring a message across. Some people ramble on about their everyday life and little things that happen---if it’s not written in humor or they don’t focus on the funny side of things, it can become drawn out and most likely ‘scanned’. People look for things that are said, that they typically won’t dish out on their own.

Some people look for funny, sarcastic and witty posts…Others look for artistically written poetic type of blogs. Each person is different; each person has their own standards for what they believe is ‘good writing’.

Passion can be viewed very differently in the writer’s world.

11:04 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

deb ~ Although I gave a couple of blogs as examples, I was talking more about people in my life...about what I look for in people. I know, I suck at making a point.

11:34 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

deb ~ and "Some people ramble on about their everyday life and little things that happen---if it’s not written in humor or they don’t focus on the funny side of things, it can become drawn out and most likely ‘scanned’. " yeah, this is pretty much me...sorry.

12:13 PM  
Blogger Leesa said...

I have more of a hexagon of friends, not circle. And, ~deb, what's wrong with self-indulgent bloggers? I thought you liked my tripe.

Thanks for the two blogs today, kathi.

1:03 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

leesa ~ hexagon, lol. Funny. deb and I both love your tripe, cute stuff.
Two blogs? Do you read one of my other blogs?

1:41 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

No way! Your writing is NOT BORING and NOT to be scanned!!! Totally the opposite my darling!

I love reading your stories because even if it's the most serious post- you still add a little touch of humor and sarcasm in there to make it interesting. Your stories 'are' interesting!

But I thought you were strictly talking about the 'blogworld'...my bad! My head's not all there today.........or any day for that matter!

2:15 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

deb ~ Well, I'd ask, but since this is a pg-13 rated blog, I don't think I should ask where your head is, or has been, for that matter.
Big Ole' Hug!!!

2:26 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

I was thinking about this very thing today...what a cowinky dink.

I had a friend whose dad used to love saying to both of us "you can't be this passionate about everything!" I can still see the expression on his face...pure comedy.

3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the mention, Kath! As always, I enjoy keeping up on your latest as well. Keep it up!

9:53 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

shawn ~ now I wanna know, what were y'all so passionate about?

wes ~ anytime, my friend.

10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so true. This is so me. If I decide to do anything I do it the full way and passionately, whether I am good or bad at it

cheers

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home