.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Saturday, April 22, 2006

10 Of My Favorite Simple Pleasures

I was tagged by Genna. :) Please go read her list too, much more interesting than mine. In fact, save yourself some time and go there now. Trust me, nothing to see here folks.

1. My kids laughter. The best sound in the world.
2. My husband telling me he loves me. The way he says it leaves no doubt, and it makes me feel very safe.
3. Animals. I love animals, any and every kind.
4. Water. My favorite thing to drink...and that is about as simple as it gets.
5. The Ocean. I love to be on or near the ocean. I love to relax and just watch the waves, the color and I even enjoy the smell.
6. The Mountains. Just like the ocean, it brings me peace to be in the mountains. Everywhere you look, it's beautiful.
7. Nature. I love being outside. Fortunately, insects never bother me.
8. Fire. Fires in a fire place, chimineas, candles...whatever. I just love fire, the colors, the smell and the warmth. Safe fires. :)
9. Sleeping late. Our church now has a service on Saturday nights too, so we can start sleeping in on Sundays!! I love, love, love sleeping in!
10. Reading outside, alone.

It's pretty obvious from this list that I'm an extremely simple person, even boring. Boring works for me. :)
I don't like to tag, so if it's something you want to do, let me know so I can come by to read your simple pleasures.

15 Comments:

Blogger Genna said...

I don't know what you are talking about. I loved your list.

Have a great Saturday!

2:43 PM  
Blogger Stacy-Deanne said...

Have a good weekend!


In The Light

4:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So, do insects not bite you, or are you just okay with that? Maybe you don't taste good. :)

Overall, I'd say you aren't boring, you just know the value of peace, and treasure it. Nothing wrong with that.

5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im with you on the sleeping late and oceans, animals, water

a nice list actually !
cheers

11:38 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

genna ~ you really are a sweetheart. I hope you had a wonderful Saturday too!

stacy d ~ I know whatever you did this weekend, chances are it was productive! Hope you had a chance to put your feet up.

sable ~ yup, apparently I don't taste very good. I think I've had one little ant bite once. Even though I don't like them, they don't bother me cause I've never had a reason to fear them like most people. They just leave me alone. And, your list was great too! Apparently, I'm just a surface kind of gal, I don't run deep. :)

tbg ~ yeah? So, we've got some stuff in common, very cool. I hope you've had a great weekend. :)

6:28 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Your list is great! I loved #2. So rare to hear these days.....especially in my household! ;)

Love ya Kath!

11:53 AM  
Blogger -Tommy said...

Nice cover-up, Kath...that's not the list you shared with me. Where's the thing about shaving your entire body? The fetish for room temperature mayonnaise? The Dance of A thousand Tongues? Oh wait, was I supposed to say that out loud?

1:35 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

deb ~ lol, yeah...but you do hear it. :)

tom ~ it's all still there, just gotta read in between the lines. :)

1:52 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

Your list is not boring at all. I enjoyed reading it. I love to hear children laughing, greatest thing on earth.....

7:27 PM  
Blogger sassinak said...

i quite loved this list actually, especially number two, but really i agree with all of them even though i don't have kids or a husband. i can just see how those would be wonderful.

anyway i agree :)

neat huh?

10:31 PM  
Blogger Brea said...

A woman after my own heart. I love everything on your list. One day, I hope to add 1 & 2

12:05 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

rose ~ thanks, and I agree. The sound of innocence.

sass ~ 100% neat, thanks.

brea ~ thanks, and after reading your 'late' Thursday list...you will. :)

9:00 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

What? What? What was that? Huh? I can't hear anything?

*sigh*


Story of my life.



Good morning sunshine! No one can post today. Blogger had a nervous breakdown!

11:18 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

I mean...eh-hem...afternoon!

11:19 AM  
Blogger MZPEACH said...

lmao@ Tom. Loved the list Kathi. Wonderful tag.

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home