.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Rain, Old Friends, and Pictures In The Dark

We got rain, and it's a very good thing. Not only because I love rain, but we've had record breaking heat the last few days and the rain feels absolutely amazing. I'm outside last night at 12:15 a.m. just standing in the front yard, face up and arms out like a little kid, feeling wonderful. I love rain. My neighbors are used to the oddness that is me. I'm often caught outside in the early a.m. taking pictures of the moon, listening to the silence or, when possible, just feeling the rain on my face. I enjoy being me.
I got to visit an old friend on-line last night. It surprised me to know that he reads my blog, I didn't realize he knew I had a blog. But I miss his friendship when we don't talk for awhile, so last night was good. He always makes me laugh, and he tells great tales. I'll have to share one he told me last night sometime soon.
After the dogs have gone out for the night, I put Charlies dog, Rocky, in Charlies room. When I did last night, I saw that Charlie was laying on his back with our kitten, Gato, all stretched out between his legs. Rocky went in and jumped up in bed with them and layed his head on Charlies chest. It was so adorable I had to take a picture. I got my camera and left the light on in the hall so I could see what I was taking a picture of. As the flash went off, Charlie sat up, grabbing Gato between his legs and squinting to see who the figure was standing in his room against the light behind me. He looked so confused. I couldn't help but start laughing and I told him "It's okay Charlie, I'm just taking some pictures". He squints to see it's me and says "Oh, okay" and lays back down. Didn't bother him in the least. What's so funny is that it's happened so often over the years that my kids are used to it. I'll have to do a post of pictures I've taken over the last 16 years while they've been sleeping. Any parent will tell you, they're rarely more precious than when they're sleeping. God, I love my kids.
I'm off to school, hope all is well with your world today.

16 Comments:

Blogger Shawn said...

Its always great catching up with old friends that are dear to your heart.

If I were your neighbor I'd probably think you were nuts...I'm sure I'd be telling all of my friends about the 'crazy lady' that lives on my street. ;-)

Enjoy your day!

7:55 AM  
Blogger Johnnie Avocado said...

I love to stand out in the rain and feel nature. It feels so cleansing. All your troubles just wash away.

7:56 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Step...away...from the camera Kathi!!!! heh...

You know, two old friends of mine have commented on my blog yesterday who I haven't spoken to in a while. Nice to see that your buddies still check up on ya, right?

And...umm...Kath? What's the deal with Mikey's blog today? I was sorta lost. Go visit him again. I wrote back to you. (ha)

8:41 AM  
Blogger -Tommy said...

On my street there's a guy who often walks around late at night yellin, F**k the Yankees, F**k the Irish!

Then there's the guy who sets up a drumset in the park across the street at 11pm and starts wailing away. He thinks he's far enough away as to not be heard. One of these days I may gently bring it to his attention with the five-pounder...

But yeah, love the rain. I keep saying one of these days I'll run naked through the park during a good downpour.

9:23 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

shawn ~ if I were your neighbor, I'd come get you so you could be out there with me. Till you moved anyway. :)

johnnie ~ that's how I feel, it's wonderful.

deb ~ LOL, I don't KNOW!! Maybe we're the only two who don't know who she is. I went to the link, but I know that wasn't who he was talking about. So, he's just teasing a blog friend, yeah??

tom ~ yeah, I've missed your smart ass. A guy with a drum in the park at 11 p.m.? See, no one would do that in Texas, not with every home having a gun and all the open weapon laws...just kidding!.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Fricken ancient blogging secret.

9:55 AM  
Blogger Brea said...

Awwww. I take so many pics of my dog now, I can imagine what will happen when I have kids! Would love to see that pic.

10:17 AM  
Blogger mikster said...

LMAO....the link is right...you and Deb have to get with the program. (The birthday girl is the one who gave me a review last month.)

and

nothing more innocent looking than your child sleeping.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Oh what the hell do I know????

12:34 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

deb ~ yeah, clueless here too. It was some old womans birthday and I'm thinking how sweet of mike to link her and then the link is of this hot youngish chick...no clue. And yeah, deb...they're real. :)

brea ~ lol, we take those too!

mike ~ okay, gonna have to check it again and see if I can figure it out with the answer in front of me now, but no guarantees.

12:53 PM  
Blogger sassinak said...

my mother STILL takes pics of me asleep... she LOVES them.

also? summer rain is mother nature bathing you in love. i do not give a shit if you believe in her or not, it's still true!

:)

1:36 PM  
Blogger Stephen A. Bess said...

I love the rain too. There's something very calming and pleasant about rain. This is especially true if I can look at it from a porch in the country. I would watch until It lulled me to sleep. :)

1:51 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

sass ~ way to make a statement. Big hug cutie, you always make me laugh!

stephen ~ Me too!! My ideal place to be would be on a porch in the country!

3:05 PM  
Blogger HuneeB said...

ahh I love that, I look at the pictures you take and they are so beautiful, pictures are like a snapshot thru your eyes...I am like the queen of random pictures. Is that why my mom always watches me when I fall asleep on the couch when I visit? hmmm wonder if she takes pictures, at least I don't drool :)

1:26 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

huneeb ~ thanks. Ask your mom if she's ever taken a pic of you sleeping, I want to know. :)

9:05 AM  
Blogger HuneeB said...

okay will do :)

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home