.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Monday, March 17, 2008

Playing Catch Up...Again.

All is good here. Things have been a tad more rushed than usual, but it's all good. I'm thankful for all of you who have been concerned about me, y'all are so sweet.

Work is good, still lovin' it. It gets crazy busy sometimes, and still I'm so thankful to have this job! The people I work with are awesome and every patient is an adventure.

I'm in physical therapy for my knee at least twice a week and sometimes three. They say my kneecap is turned to the right and have it bandaged/taped up trying to force it back to the left. I see my Otho surgeon again tomorrow and I'm sure I'll get a great report.

Casey is home for a week! Having my family all together again is always pure joy for me. I love watching my kids together. There is always a lot of laughter in my home, but you put the boys together and it's doubled. Always a smile on my face. God is so good to me. If I were to pass on tomorrow, I've been blessed beyond belief with what I've been given so far. So both the boys are off all week with spring break and they are working for the company their dad works for trying to make some money. Casey, of course, needs it for school and Charlie, of course, needs it for a new amp (lol). I'm proud of them both.

The dating scene...for me...not happening. The man I went out with that I told y'all about did not appreciate that I felt uncomfortable with his hug and kisses in an IHOP parking lot, and I did not appreciate that my feelings were not considered valid. So, there you go. My friends tell me that when I meet someone I'm attracted to, that what happened in the IHOP parking lot will not feel awkward...so I'm waiting for that to happen. Actually, I'm looking forward to that happening, lol. :)

Hope and pray all is well in your worlds.

15 Comments:

Blogger 3carnations said...

Glad you've got your family home and together. :)

It's good that you found out early on that he wasn't the one for you...The right guy would have respected your comfort level.

Have fun hanging out in that IHOP parking lot waiting for a kiss that feels right. Ha. :)

11:37 AM  
Blogger Lynilu said...

Yep, when it's right, it will feel right. Period. and it will be worth the wait. :)

9:34 PM  
Blogger Believer said...

Mend that knee and wait on the "right" one!

On, and enjoy your family time.

3:11 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

3 c's ~ lol, yeah, they're going to kick me out of that parking lot sooner or later! I'm so thrilled to have us all together, you've got a lot of years before you'll go through it...but when you do, I'll understand.

lynilu ~ I'll trust you on that! :)

rosemarie ~ mend and wait...the story of my life lately, lol. Aging isn't for sissies!!

9:11 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I'm glad that your boys are both home, and I hope that it doesn't go by too quickly.

Hope your knee gets back to normal soon and that you get a good report from the doc!!

And yup, sounds as though he was definitely not for you.

2:05 PM  
Blogger LoveLladro said...

glad to hear all is well in bratcher land! as for the guy... you know the deal, it's best when it's right ;~)

8:25 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Sorry your date didn't work out. It's hard having yourself together and refusing to settle for less than you deserve, isn't it? Seriously, you are doing great and the date was not a waste, even though it may seem like it now. It's part of the process.

You look great!

9:02 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

michelle ~ his visit is only half over and I'm already missing him!! With the guy, ya know, they don't have to be 'the one', just someone to have some fun with...I'm looking for friendship, just not the friends with benefits sort of friendship. :)

lovelladro ~ thanks hon. And yup, I know the deal.

9:11 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

nancy ~ why, thank you very much sweetie! I know it wasn't a waste, and I'm enjoying the process, really. Didn't bother me at all. Looking forward to all the toads and prince's I may meet along the way. :)

9:12 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Yay! The boys are home! You must be thrilled! I want photos!

You're blessed- a great job- great kids- what more can ya ask for right???

As far as that guy, if he didn't appreciate your concerns, then he'll never appreciate them in the future. You deserve better.

Love ya!!!

9:47 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

deb ~ I'll match your 'Yay' and raise it to a "YAY"!! :) And, yup, I am BLESSED! What more could I ask for...hon, that is a LOADED question, lol!
The guy...not a bad guy, just not my kind of guy.

10:50 AM  
Blogger DaBich said...

My daughter visited from Pittsburgh. She's only 2 hours away, but we rarely see her. It was great to have her around...even if only for a day and a half. Enjoy Casey while you can!

The right guy will come along, when you LEAST expect it!

1:56 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

dabich ~ I am, hon, I am! Oh, and I least expect it...NOW...no wait...NOW, lol. ;)

3:18 PM  
Blogger Keasty said...

Good luck with the toads and princes Kathi. Sure makes me smile.

6:17 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

keasty ~ it's good to make you smile!

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home