.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Tidbits...or bits of tid

On the way into work the other morning I stopped at a light before it turned red. The car behind me nearly hit me, in fact it had to swerve to miss me. I'm not one of the people that gas it for a yellow light. Don't get me wrong, many a light has turned red with me in the middle of it, but if I see I can't make it, I'll slow and stop on a yellow. The guy behind me was ticked. There is a reason I've never had so much as a parking ticket, and with the cameras they have at the lights now...well, it's not worth it to me to get to work a minute and twenty seconds earlier. If you've got a problem with being so late that you need to run the reds, leave earlier.

I woke up Monday morning with my left eye irritated. By the time I got to work I was nearly in tears. Felt like I had a couple (thousand) tacks in the lid scratching my eye. A nurse at work gave me some eye drops and it would make if feel cold for a few minutes, giving me some relief. Monday night I tied an ace bandage around the left side of my face with some tissues tucked underneath to keep the eye closed...yeah, that was a great nights sleep. Tuesday I went to see an eye doctor on my lunch hour. First, I hate having my eyes touched. Just, ewwww. They did all the stuff like taking pictures and blowing air into my eyes and I'd glady have hit them if that had been acceptable behavior, cause y'all know I'm nothing if not acceptable. Stop laughing. Then he put some dye in it and rolled my eye lid up on what looked like a qtip. I was complaining and whining...I really don't like my eyes being touched. He told me that little kids do this all the time without complaining and I reminded him of the location of my foot in relation to where he was sitting...directly in front of me. He laughed, he thought I was kidding. Turns out I had chemical burns in my eye from coloring Charlie's hair again this past Saturday. *I hadn't liked the yellow and paid the kid $10 to let me color it again* I don't remember getting it in my eyes (turns out I had it in the right eye, too, but hadn't noticed it because of how bad it'd been in the left eye) but what was worse than the eye pain was paying $95 for a tiny little bottle of eye drops. On the up side, it's only one day later and it's already so much better!

I don't understand why some people have to put down others to make themselves feel better. I was in Wal-mart after my ortho appointment for my knee yesterday (yup, two doctors and two pharmacys in one day) and it was a little packed, lot's of people after work and all, but there was a large man in one of Wal-marts motorized chairs with two items in his little basket who was rude from the get go with one of the pharmacy clerks. She was asian, and made a mistake in bringing him what he'd asked for...the wrong size of needles. He lit into her, telling her if she couldn't understand english she shouldn't be working in this country. He said, loudly, "I don't know why I went to fight in a war if you people were going to end up over here". This little girl was in tears. I smiled and told her I was so sorry, but it didn't stop him. He continued to insult and bully her. Seriously, I just don't get people. There was a hint of applause in the air when he drove off in his chair.

8 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I am so sorry!!! I know all to well about the eye pain and having people poke and prode on it.

When Jonah was 1 1/2, he scratched my cornia with his fingernail, and left a big chunk missing. I was in horrific pain for several days, and it took over a year to fully heal. Thank goodness yours is already feeling better!!!

Oh, and people like that old man suck!

8:14 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

michelle ~ ouch honey!! When I was in high school I got a small piece of straw lodged under my eyelid (don't ever, ever ask) and it was the next day before I got to go to the dr. My eye was scratched up. Was in a patch for a long time. That was an OUCH, too.
And yeah, they certainly do. How lonely and sad his life must be.

8:55 PM  
Blogger DaBich said...

I guess I'm fortunate in that I CAN handle touching my eyes, as I wear contacts lol. I do however, feel for YOU! That had to uncomfortable as all heck. Next time you color Charlie's hair, keep the dye in his hair and out of your eyes! lol

As for that rude sonovabich, I have been known to tell people like that just how rude they are in no uncertain terms. I don't know how you held back!!!

6:25 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Blowing air into your eyes??!!! haha! Sorry to laugh at your pain sweetie. Just think... the day I got my lasik surgery, Madelene said she would watch the 5 minute procedure on their little monitor outside the surgery room. I didn't realize HOW BAD it looked from an outsider's point of view, but when I came out of the operating room - she was in TEARS! CRIED LIKE A BABY! She was so traumatized by it. The eye is a weird thing to be touched or played with. (Ha, never mind.) Ugh that sounds bad.

Once I was at a bar. (Well more than once!) But, this particular time, I was having a conversation with a professor from a nearby college. He said something interesting to me that just stuck. He said, "Do you know why a lot of people from other countries say that America's the stupidest country?" I was about to put my dukes up - but he went on... "It's because they limit themselves to only one language, refusing to learn anything new."

It made sense. And when our Spanish foreigners come here, work harder than most of us and do their best to get acquainted with the hardest language on earth - we insult them - insult their willingness to make a better life and say, "If ya'don't know the language get out of the country!"

Most bigots say that. This guy - I would have given him a new...colon.

Love you Kath!
<3

7:20 AM  
Blogger 3carnations said...

Sorry about the eye thing and the guy bullying the pharmacy employee...I can't stand when people treat other people like that. It certainly won't get him better service, if that's what he was hoping for.

I can't believe you essentially threatened to kick the eye doctor is a really painful place. Ha.

7:24 AM  
Blogger 3carnations said...

IN a painful place, not "is"...I'm sure you knew what I meant. :)

7:25 AM  
Blogger GERBEN said...

Oh girl, I'm sorry about the eye. I hope its feeling better now. ((hug))

And yeah, what a jerk that guy was. That poor girl at the store. I feel bad for her. I wonder what happend to make this guy so hard and mean.

8:32 AM  
Blogger Believer said...

Okay, didn't I mention once before about giving up on coloring hair. If this isn't a sign, I don't know what is. ;) If you insist, please start wearing goggles!

That man is obviously bitter about his choice to fight. Moreover, if he was drafted and had no choice it was his duty. He needs to man up and stop feeling sorry for himself.

I despise when others elevate themselves by putting others down in such a derogatory way, and in public no less for no good reason. God help him...like right this minute. Set the captive free Lord!

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home