.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Friday, January 25, 2008

C'mon...start!

Texas weather has turned cold. Love the Texas cold...it's not like the Indiana cold I couldn't wait to get away from. I can deal with Texas cold. You know, in small doses like from the house to the car, the house to the mail box, that sort of thing.
Tuesday my car refused to start when I'd ran an errand after work. I tried a couple of times...nothing. Then it started. I ran by Goodyear, but they were closing so I ran down the road to Auto Zone. My battery was only a year and a half old, but they couldn't find a record of it being purchased there, which it was, so I bought a new one and they installed it for me. Car started right up. Yay.
Wednesday after work, when the coldest of the cold came through, I got a repeat performance of my car's rebellious behavior. All my fellow co-workers are leaving; no one living anywhere near me. I got several offers, though, for people to take me home. Nice people. My supervisor called her husband and he came up to look at it. I hate asking people to do things for me and here was this sweet man (who I've had a slight crush on since I've started, lol, which I told my super) working on my car in our cold weather with the wind whipping all around. Finally, he figured out it was the starter or the starter celluloid or something like that. He called a friend of theirs that works at a shop less than a mile from my house. After tapping on the starter, my car started and I drove it straight to their friend. I didn't meet their friend, but one of the employees told me that a starter could run around $400 plus labor. I'm going over in my mind how I will have to borrow from Casey, Charlie...maybe I could find a friend or two I knew in grade school.
My supervisor picked me up the next morning for work. I love these people, seriously, nice people here. The shop called me and gave me the news, $210. Again, YAY. They gave me a discount because I was 'a friend of a friend' and that was the total price. I am so thankful. I may still have to borrow from Charlie by payday, but I won't have to look up names out of my old yearbooks.
So, it's Friday. It's cold, dark and rainy. Fortunately...I LOVE THIS WEATHER. I hope nothing comes up this weekend and I can lay back, rest up (no phones) and have all the blinds open so I can enjoy this weather without being out in it. Perfect.

7 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

Ahhhhh, that sounds nice...........light up the fireplace and get the hot cocoa going! Nothing beats the snow when you have nowhere to go. Sorry you had to go through all of that - but you are so fortunate to have people like that in your life. You're blessed Kath!

:)

And so are they!

9:43 PM  
Blogger Read This said...

You deserve nice people in your life. It's not like it's not reciprocal. People get the nice back from you in spades.

10:36 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

deb ~ that sounds perfect, huh? I am blessed...and you're one of those people babe.

tom ~ wow, speechless. That was so sweet, thank you.

11:56 AM  
Blogger Believer said...

Well you're certainly where you need to be! So glad that life is working out, even with a few kinks here and there. You're such a trooper.

Oh, and I love the “new” you!

9:34 PM  
Blogger DaBich said...

I HATE the cold, but I DO love cuddling at home when it's cold out...so...yeah....in that respect I can dig it.
Way to go on the starter thing. How wonderful to have such good friends...but like someone said above....they get it back in spades :)
Love ya lady!

5:44 AM  
Blogger Not so evil Shenanigans said...

Glad to see that was something minor and that you've got some people to help you out when you need it. You definitely deserve it.

Relax this weekend - funny, it was unusually warm in Missouri this weekend like 9 degrees on Wednesday and 60 on Sunday. Go figure.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

I love the new photo! You are looking marvelous!

Car trouble is so frustrating. I owned a 1980 Volkswagen Scirocco. Needless to say, I cried in a lot of parking lots.

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home