.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Life's little nuisances

Well...nothing quite puts a damper on a day like a dog getting a hold of your wallet and chewing up $300. Just ask Casey.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have a 300 dollar stuffed dog over my fireplace.

6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!! I could agree! That would put a damper on my day!

8:39 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

tom ~ didn't bother to stuff him.

epsilonicus ~ hey sweetie, how's Erie?

9:15 PM  
Blogger Believer said...

Did he piece that money back together and/or bring it to the bank? Call and find out! I wouldn't give up on that just yet.

12:17 PM  
Blogger DaBich said...

OMG! No way!! That's awfuL!

6:22 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

rosemarie ~ we taped what we could, apparently he ate a lot of it. Casey took about $240 to the bank and they refused it. Told him to call Currency Standards, but they were closed till tomorrow. They may exchange it for acceptable bills, we'll see.

dabich ~ I know! When he called me, I was at the store and I had to hang up to keep from crying. Sucks. Poor kid.

8:23 PM  
Blogger Believer said...

They should exchange it for acceptable bills! I worked in a bank years ago, but I remember having a few bills in my drawer that were not perfect.

"The Office of Currency Standards only handles mutilated currency, such as that damaged by fire, water, chemicals, or animals. If your dollar is merely dirty, defaced, worn, or ripped, and more than half of the dollar is clearly visible, you can go to any U.S. bank to exchange it for a fresh dollar. Banks can turn over such currency to a Federal Reserve Bank to be retired or destroyed."

- via the Internet

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home