.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Catch Up

I'm reading Joel Osteen's book Become a Better You. What an awesome book, love it. I'm reading it on my lunch hours when I don't have errands to run. One of the things that impacted me today was a simple and easy enough statement, but I appreciated it; every temptation you overcome brings you closer to your success. I don't know about y'all, but honestly speaking, I face my temptations daily and this little statement did me a lot of good.

We're having Daisey put down on Friday. She's been Casey's dog since he was barely 5 years old, so she's a tad over 14 now. Casey wanted it to be done before he went back to school, she's his dog and he wanted to be with her when it's done. He and Charlie will be digging her a hole in the back yard where many, many of our much loved pets have been burried over the past 23 years. I'm thankful our vet is coming to our home to do it because we want her to be comfortable and familiar in her surroundings. As always, prayers are welcome.

As for me, I'm still loving my job. Looking forward to my 90 day probation being over...insurance darlin', insurance!!

Life's not got enough hours in the day for me lately. I'm off to bed. Hugs to all. :)

11 Comments:

Blogger Keasty said...

Life's not got enough hours in the day really!!! What a great call.

Yeah it's sad times when a family pet, a member of the family, has to be put down. I feel for you all, but specially Casey. Sounds like Casey's being very mature about the whole scene.

My Dad was a vet, so we grew up with heaps on animal contacts.

Keep bouncing Kathi.

12:45 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

keasty ~ yeah I know, I state the obvious, lol. And, can't help but bounce hon, it's what I do.

6:05 AM  
Blogger 3carnations said...

I'm sorry to hear about your dog...I know how hard that is...Especially for kids, no matter how old they are.

7:30 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

3 c's ~ yeah, it's been tough. We knew it was coming and had to be done during this break of Casey's. We put it off till the last day. But, she's been much loved for a very long time. :)

10:48 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Oh Kath, I am so sorry to hear about Daisy. I will definitely be saying a prayer for you and your boys.

I am so glad that your still lovin' your job, it makes me so happy to hear it. I love to watch Joel Osteen on TV sometimes, and what a powerful statement that truly is. I have been facing a lot of temptations lately, and am trying to break the habit of giving in to them, so this was a great thing for me to read today.

1:11 PM  
Blogger LoveLladro said...

so sorry to hear about daisey ;~( I can't even imagine what you guys are going through. many prayers! as for that health insurance, i hear ya! it sucks to be without... how many days left before you have it??

4:07 PM  
Blogger Lynilu said...

I'm sorry about Daisey. If I ruled the world, our pets would live exactly as long as we do ... not a moment more or less. Give my best to Casey, and if he's not adverse to cyber-hugs, give him one from me. This is tough, but he is being responsible and loving in the way he is handling it. You have something special in that boy, Kathi.

10:52 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

michelle ~ thanks sweetie, you know I appreciate and am thankful for prayers.

lovelladro ~ mmmmmm, let's see...I started 11/26 so... I dunno, lol. :)

lynilu ~ I honestly do, thank you. I'm very proud of them both.

11:04 PM  
Blogger DaBich said...

I posted something here yesterday, looks like blogger ate it....basically what I said was...
We lost Molly, our second bassett hound, the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. We had been talking about putting her down, and just hadn't gotten around to doing it, and she took care of things herself, bless her. It's heartwrenching to see them go, but it's also heartwrenching to see them go downhill. HUGZ to all of you!
On a lighter note, I am sooooo happy for you that you and the job are a definite mix!

6:56 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Temptations. I wish I could take some back that I fell victim to. I suppose they will help me make better decisions in the future. I just wish they didn't cause so much damage. They aren't worth it.

I am so sorry about your dog.

6:52 PM  
Blogger Believer said...

{{{{{{{hug}}}}}}}

My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

^5 on loving the J.O.B.!

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home