.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Visions

Sometimes I wonder about why people think the way they do, or why they act, behave or live the way they do. I'm not being judgemental, not at all, it's just that sometimes I get very confused by people's behavior, and I wonder 'why'. I know there are many, many people who must wonder about my thought process and behavior all the time. I wonder about my thought process and my behavior, too, sometimes. But I'm talking about the people who confess (or profess) to be one way and behave in a completely opposite manner.

So...while I was praying very early this morning about someone, God gave me a vision of a nest with eggs and very young chicks in it, and large birds flying around it, providing the nest with what it needed.

I love God's visions.

This is what I came away with. Many of us are still nesting, preparing ourselves for what life has out there. We may be young, we may be old, but our 'inner man' is still immature and needs/wants others to be responsible for us. Whether it's responsible in a physical, mental or emotional way, we're not claiming that responsiblity for ourselves yet.

Then there are the large birds. Many of us have grown from the nesting stage and now have the responsibility of caring for those still nesting. We, too, once dwelled in that nest and we are now able to not only care for ourselves, but care for others. I, personally, believe that one of the reasons we do mature is learning that it's not ourselves that provides for us, but God, and once we've learned that, that it not only becomes our responsibility but should also become our pleasure to do for others. But that' s me. Some of you may have not needed for others to be responsible for you as much as I did. Believe me, until I was 26'ish', I did not hold myself responsible for anything. If it hadn't have been for the kindness, understanding and patience of others, I'd been in serious trouble.

When I had this vision this morning, I remember smiling. I heard God say 'they're still young in Me, they still have a long way to go. But you, you are in the final stretch.' This made me very happy. Final stretch to me means that I'm on my way 'home', and that is my daily prayer. So...whether my final stretch is a day, a year or 20 years, I know I'm in my final stretch there. Along the way, I'll make a concious effort to be understanding, helpful even, to those still in the nest.

13 Comments:

Blogger Believer said...

^5 Excellent and brimming with wisdom!

All the best in your final stretch I know you'll do God proud!

12:19 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

rosemarie ~ thank you, and isn't that exciting? Girl...I get chills.

6:01 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

"With daily prayer". See, I always profess or advise to do this or do that, or it would be best if things were this way, yet I stumble and go back and look like a complete hypocrite? Why? Because God's not done with me yet...and I'm human, I fall back, make mistakes, and fall into the pit of advice that I would give someone else. I try to get back up and when I do - I share my experience, telling them that I still have work ahead of me, however, I still think that "this" is the best way to go. I'm still trying.

"TRY".

The best advice. If we slip and fall, God will pick us right back up if we stay in the word and listen to Him daily.

I'm trying girl! :)

Beautiful post!

11:46 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Wow, what a wonderful conversation that you had with the Lord this morning. I must admit that I am probably still in the nesting phase with my walk with the Lord. It seems as though every time I try to leave the nest and fly I don't have the courage to jump.

One day, I will, because I know that God's not done with me yet!!

4:14 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Another thought I had regarding this is sometimes they refer it to "still on milk", for not being mature in Christ.

I'm still on the bottle. (No not the booze!...) But, I think it's safe to say that backsliding sometimes takes us back to the nest still feeding from the mother's mouth.

Been there. Done that. Gone back again to revisit.

Lord help me!

11:55 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

deb ~ to both your comments...I get'cha. Yet, I took from this that those in the nest are still dependent on others for carrying them not only physically and emotionally but spiritually. Specifically I'd been praying for someone I care about a great deal who has racial issues...and yet they are one of the sweetest, most caring people I know. The larger birds, though they are still responsible (willingly and lovingingly) for those who are not able to 'fly' and care for themselves yet, they by all means are still relying on the goodness and abundance of God for their existence.
Please make no mistake that I'd mean 'in the last stretch' would not still be relying 100% on God. Just that I'm on my way home.
I know some can not understand someone's desire to die, but they don't look as this death as the beginning of life. I do. :)
Sweetheart, the way you share God's love and His Word, you're feeding others babe. Can't imagine you believing otherwise, but if you do...I'm here to tell you that you are wrong.

michelle ~ Again, you are spreading His Love and His Word. That's not taking, it's feeding others. Your love fed my child's spirit and was a building block in the man in Christ that he is today. You, sweetness, are not in a nest.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Leesa said...

I love when things just come into focus. Gives me chills as well.

7:06 AM  
Blogger Not so evil Shenanigans said...

Just wanted to let you know that I'm definitely still nesting and too stupid or stubborn to take all the help that God has for me. I'm learning though and reading your blog helps me to keep the most important stuff in mind. Thanks for all you do!

9:19 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

leesa ~ I know!

shannon ~ Darlin', there isn't a one of us that can honestly say we've not been nesters. Oh, and thank you so much for your kind words. I get a lot from you, too.

12:42 PM  
Blogger DaBich said...

See? This is why I adore you, Kath. Between you and Deb, I get so much...support...and wisdom. Thanks, ladies!!

1:34 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

dabich ~ awwww, hon, you're the best. We're like a weave, all intertwined in this life we're livin'. I'm glad you are a part of mine!

4:14 PM  
Blogger DaBich said...

You just made my day =D

6:28 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

dabich ~ and knowing that has just made mine!

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home