.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Going, going...blonde

Charlie wanted a change, and this is what we did today.

















We both like the cut and the color, but it didn't come easy.

The last time I messed with his hair, it was long and he wanted me to put a staightener on it. It didn't turn out well. I misread the directions and his hair broke off around his ears. I didn't cut it today, we went somewhere to have that done, but I assured him I could color it as he wanted to go blonde, again.

Well, I was wrong.

The blonde color we put on it turned it red. Bozo red. Since his hair is so short now, I'd only used half of the bottle, so we dried it and put the second half of the bottle on it. Another 45 minutes and less red, but now it was leaning more towards the orange family.

By this time he's telling me he'll go to school with it orange, that he doesn't pay attention to what kids say, but I just couldn't send him out of the house with orange hair. Fortunately my neighbor had a spare box of blonde hair color. When I put my neighbor's color on it, the poor kid said it hurt so bad he could cry. After half the time allotted per the instructions, he asked to please let him rinse it. So he did. It looks much better than the orange, but it's still got a tad of a reddish tint to it.

Maybe in a few weeks he'll let me try again. I may have to do it in his sleep...

14 Comments:

Blogger Rose said...

I think his hair looks great! You did a good job because I didn't notice the tinge until you mentioned it.

12:20 AM  
Blogger 3carnations said...

It looks blond to me!

He's such a good sport, letting you practice for your cosmetology license on him! ;)

7:28 AM  
Blogger DaBich said...

Wow, wonder why the heck it turned red/orange in the first place?? My blond doesn't do that...thank God!

Looks great tho, Charlie is a good looking blond!

9:06 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

rose ~ it looks more reddish in different light. Sometimes it looks nearly white. Thanks for the compliment, I'm sure he'll read these...oh wait, he's w/o internet privilages right now, lol. :)

3 c's ~ lol, there's a lawsuit waiting to happen, me with a cosmo. license. LOL.

dabich ~ mine has done that, I have to use ash colors not to turn orange. Thanks, I think he looks good too. :)

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still don't see the tinge.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Read This said...

It looks blonde to me. Good job on the cell phone incident. First and foremost good job to your son in the way he handled it, and secondly to you.
http://www.myspace.com/strongerthansome

5:50 PM  
Blogger LoveLladro said...

sounds like a lot to go through but i really like the color! very rockstar of him! he really is such a cutie... which is totally not rockstarish but whatever ;~)

10:05 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

You are both so very brave! I remember the hair straightener!

I think it looks great!

8:59 AM  
Blogger Margie said...

I think he's looks good in that color, and he's so very handsome, Kathi.

Margie

11:31 PM  
Blogger Margie said...

Kind of tired, Kathi...
Meant to say....he looks good...
Sorry!

Margie

11:33 PM  
Blogger Lynilu said...

Well, from here it looks great! I love that men can feel good about changing their looks these days. Used to be small changes "behind closed doors"!! I think it is a keeper!

And Kathi, thank you for the kind remarks on my blog. I am far better and should be back to myself very soon. :)

12:10 AM  
Blogger Believer said...

Okay, Nancy's remark confirms that I remember the last hair incident.

Save up and go to a salon Charlie! :)

Still, after all that it looks great!

12:19 AM  
Blogger Leesa said...

I have never had the nerve to color or cut hair. You are a brave woman!

10:03 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Looks very trendy... The great thing about guys coloring their hair is, they can shave it off and still look good.

Orange, green, blue, blonde or whatever - he's still such a cutiepie! :)

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home