.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Friday, February 22, 2008

Time For Me

I'm starting to venture out of my comfort zone. It's made me smile more, made me laugh more and to be completely honest, I'm having a bit of fun with it.

I've always been extremely shy, and though for some reason I come off as a people person, I'm not. I'm very shy inside. However, one of the many blessings of my job is that I work with 32 wonderful women who are warm, friendly and for whatever reason, seem to like me. It's like I have a large extended family. Now, I've been there for 3 months (My 90 day probation period has come and gone. Yay, they're keeping me!!) and on my wall is at least half a dozen pictures of my boys. So,by now, they all know my kid's stories and the story of my divorce. They've been inviting me to parties, wanting to sit me up with eligible friends, invite the kids and I to their lake houses or to go 4 wheeling with their families. I'm loving this. I've agreed to and have gone out a little, I'm looking forward to the boys and I getting together with some of their families, and I am so enjoying being single again.

For as long as I can remember, my focus has been on the kids. That has paid off, I've got great kids and I'm so thankful for the men they are and are still becoming. Now I'm able to take some me time. There is a time for everything...and though I have no interest in ever adapting the 'it's all about me' mind set ( because, let's face it, my kids have seen one parent do that and they'll not see another one ever be that selfish), I am beginning to take some time for myself and to be completely honest, I'm enjoying it.

Maybe it's the beginning of 'my' time.

9 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

It's so healthy to do that. Those who don't take time out to take care of themselves, usually repress a lot and internalize way too much stress. You've been through so much and through your strong faith in God, the love of your sons, and now your new friends & co-workers, things are going to be looking up now! Plus, ya got me to harass ya and tell you that Yankee candles smell like ass! :)

Love you!

9:26 PM  
Blogger LoveLladro said...

I can't tell you how excited I am for you! I look forward to hearing about your experiences in the 'kathi world' again! As for the boys... I think they definitely know that you are not going to be 'that parent'... my guess is they are super proud of you and are happy for ya! They are awesome boys after all ;~)

10:06 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

How fun is that? I don't know of anybody, more than you, who deserves some "me" time. Can't wait to hear about all of your adventures. :)

10:20 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

deb ~ having you is definitely a plus, babe, absolutely! Just wish you had a decent nose on ya...or maybe you've just got some really sweet smellin' ass. LOL, LOVE YOU TOO!

lovelladro ~ awww, thank you for all the kind words, hon. I'm so thankful for you.

michelle ~ and again, awwwww, thank you! I am so blessed to have y'all care about me. Thank you so much.

11:14 PM  
Blogger Believer said...

"There is a time for everything..."

Amen! And, this is your season to do you. You look hot! :D

4:40 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Just finished watching the movie 3:10 to Yuma that you recommended a few weeks back and loved it!!

I remembered that you said it was really good, so when we saw it at the store, I told Micah that you had mentioned it. Thanks for the recommendation, it was awesome!!

11:27 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

rosemarie ~ thank you! Oh, and get your eyes checked, lol. ;)

michelle ~ yay! I'm so glad you liked it too!

10:21 AM  
Blogger DaBich said...

"However, one of the many blessings of my job is that I work with 32 wonderful women who are warm, friendly and for whatever reason, seem to like me."

Well, DUH, I wonder why they like you???? Jeez, lady, you're a class act, you're sweet, and you have a heart!
You kill me~! But, it's refreshing to see people, especially women, who aren't stuck on themselves.
Love ya lady!

4:44 AM  
Blogger 3carnations said...

I'm glad you're meeting nice people. Certainly it's time for some YOU time...Your kids are old enough that they are probably leaving plenty of time available for yourself...Might as well enojy it. :)

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home