.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Again...

*This is yet another email I received today, copied and pasted here for your amusement. Seriously, I wonder how many people actually fall for this:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a WebNews Email Account Update Please see the bottom of this mailing on this information.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE ROAD RUNNER INCORPORATION WISH TO INFORM YOU THAT WE HAVE SOME PROBLEMS ABOUT EACH CUSTOMER ACCOUNT EMAIL. DUE TO ERROR CODE 334409. WE DISCOVER THAT IN SOME FEW HOURS FROM NOW EACH CUSTOMER WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS HIS OR HER EMAIL ACCOUNT SO YOU ARE REQUIRE TO SEND YOUR FULL EMAIL ADDRESS AND PASSWORD FOR A NEW ACCOUNT UPDATE. SO YOU HAVE TO SEND THIS INFORMATION IMMEDIATELY SO THAT WE WIL UPDATE YOUR ACCOUNT AND YOU WILL STOP RECEIVING SPAM EMAILS YOU ARE TO SEND US THE INFORMATION TO ENABLE US TO UPDATE YOUR ACCOUNT AND YOU ARE TO SEND US THIS INFORMATION VIA BELOW THE INFORMATION RQRUIRE FOR ACCOUT UPDATE
EMAIL:info.customer.tx.rr@gmail.com

1)Full Email Address:
2)password:
3)age/country
4)date
5)First name/Last name.

©2008 Time Warner Cable. All Rights Reserved. Under License by Openwave

*As if the grammar isn't bad enough, I wonder if the email addy being a gmail account is any clue? LOL, c'mon!!

10 Comments:

Blogger Lynilu said...

You know, it appears stupid to us, but people actually fall for it! Scary.

7:08 PM  
Blogger Keasty said...

This really is unbelievable isn't it?

6:00 AM  
Blogger LoveLladro said...

it's remarkable that people continue to fall for stuff like this when identity theft is on the news every other day!

1:32 PM  
Blogger DaBich said...

Scary stuff....I'm glad YOU can laugh about it!

7:56 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Oh just send em' your info Kath! ;) People are idiots, which is one of the reasons why they can't spell.

11:09 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

All ~ I think it's extremely scary, I know people fall for this and then can't figure out how they've become victims. SAD...okay, and a tad bit funny.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Read This said...

I would have sent my stuff in...I believe...I believe...

7:36 PM  
Blogger Leesa said...

I sometimes wonder if I should respond to anyone's mail.

9:22 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

How can these people sleep at night? Sigh.

Just came by to check on you. :)

4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with lynilu.... these things would stop if some people wouldn't fall for this garbage.

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home