.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Shhhhhh....oh hush.

I have a pet peeve. I probably have several, but now I'm just focusing on one.

Please, please, if you're going to start off a sentence with anything like 'Don't repeat this', don't tell me period. I know it's well rumored and joked about that women like to gossip, but it's not true for all of us. I honestly don't like to hear gossip. I honestly don't want to know anything about you (or anyone around me) that is a secret. It's your secret, keep it your secret.

I have friends that I will tell a 'secret' to. Actually, I have three friends that I would tell a 'secret' to, and that would honestly be it, three. Those same three people are the only ones that I would care to have share something with me that I would not for the life of me repeat, if that's what they needed from me.

Occasionally there are people that just seem to only be happy when they are complaining. I don't think it's without coincidence that these are the same people that tend to go out of their way to avoid any solution to a problem. Even the simplest problem can be turned into a big deal if you work at it hard enough. I suppose if every problem was solved, there would be nothing to whine and complain about. I find it so very sad that this is the life some choose to live. I imagine it must be a life where they feel very much the victim most of the time, and I imagine there must be a lot of tears in their life.

I've noticed when someone begins to whisper, that those around them lean in closer to hear what is about to be said. I've learned that instead of leaning in, you should walk away. Very little good comes from whispering.

Maybe it's because I feel this way that I only have three close friends...and that's okay with me.

13 Comments:

Blogger DaBich said...

Three close friends is just fine. The you don't have to watch your back =D

6:21 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

dabich ~ lol, that's true, hadn't thought of that.

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You dont need too many close friends. If your friends do the job properly then you don't need a bunch of close friends.

11:38 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

epsilonicus ~ tis true...and mine do a great job. :) How come you're so wise for being so young?

12:12 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Good for you for feeling that way!! If no one wants to be friends with you because you don't want to take part in their "whispering", than you are better off without them. :)

1:01 PM  
Blogger Not so evil Shenanigans said...

You are sooo danged good! I hope to be just like you some day. For now, I'm nosy and I like to hear what's going on but I don't usually find myself repeating it. And I do only have a few close friends, too and that's how I like it.

I have one person in particular in my office that is so negative all the time, I can't stand to be around her. And the worst stuff always happens to her, go figure!

1:05 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Remember that saying, I believe it's rooted in Judiasm, however, it can apply to everybody:

The death of 3 people by gossip:

*the one gossiping
*the one being gossiped about
*the one listening, soaking in every word like a sponge.

When somebody else gossips about another, be sure that the very same person "talking", will eventually start talking about you.

It's as stable as the rule of gravity.

(Love this new photo of you! You look beautiful Kath!)

10:34 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

michelle ~ if that's keeping someone from becoming my friend, I'm coming out the winner, huh?

shannon ~ I'm not good, lol. I think mostly for me it's that I don't feel you can ever trust someone who gossips...ever. And, yup, that's always the way it seems to go.

deb ~ never heard that before, good stuff. And I'm just trying to keep up with you in the pic department, though I've not got as much to work with. :)

11:19 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

You've got plenty to work with hunnay! :D You've got me thinking I need to be a blonde!

Christmas cookie???????????????????????????????

11:43 AM  
Blogger Believer said...

Women and gossip are a toxic mix. I learned that lesson real good!
Good advice on taking the high road [walk away or silent] if in that situation.

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mom always said, "Quality over quantity" so trust that your three are all that you need.

Did I ever tell you that you and my brother share the same last name? His extended family is from Danville, Illinois. Are y'all related? Now that would be some spectacular 6 degrees of separation.

12:17 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

bunny ~ did you ever tell me? Hon, I don't know who you are. I'm from Indiana and the 'Bratcher' name is from my 'ex' whose family is from way west Texas...so dunno. :)

6:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello there! nice to meet you, I came via Rosemarie's blog.
I totally agree with you, if you got a secret about someone I don't want to hear it! And my TRUE FRIENDS I can count on one hand! Personally I think men are just as big of gossips as women!
peace & Love!

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home