.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Yeah, I know...I look awful

Charlie and I, both, woke up sick yesterday. I woke up feeling dizzy with my neck stiff, aching all over, with some drainage going on making my throat sore and some coughing. I went to wake Charlie up and I could hear his deep, gravely cough from downstairs. I didn't have to ask, I knew. The kid felt awful. Anyone with that sort of cough has a throat that feels like sandpaper, and his did. He felt awful and I felt so sorry for my baby. *Oh hush, I know the kid is 16 but when he is 50, he's still gonna be my baby and that's just the way it is.*

I gave him some DayQuil, called into school and let them know they'd be minus one Charlie today, made him as comfortable as I could and I went to work.

They sent me home from work a couple of hours early because I looked "so sick "and between my cough and leaning on things to keep from falling down , I was scaring the customers. Pansies. I could have made it another hour or so. :) I did try not to cough in the direction of people, especially children and for some reason there were a lot of little kids in the shop yesterday. I did get rather tired of complete strangers telling me that I looked "awful". I had spent a good three minutes that morning putting on makeup, thank you very much.

After work I took Charlie and I to a local clinic. What's worse than being home sick is waiting and waiting and waiting to see a doctor when your sick. Took us an hour and eleven minutes of waiting, but I suppose when you don't have an appointment, that can happen. Charlie has a bacterial infection, his strep test showed negative and she put him on the z pack. I have a viral infection (?), am extremely dehydrated (thus the dizziness and feeling like I was going to pass out) and she put me on the z pack. Yeah, I dunno.

We trekked on to get our prescriptions filled and there was a 45 minute wait. Yay, more waiting. All the pharmacy chairs were filled, so we went to Panda Express to eat. I love their hot and sour soup. It's their only vegan dish. You'd think the steamed veggies would also be a vegan dish, but they told me a few months ago that it's not because they steam it with chicken broth. Yeah, I dunno. Anyway, the hot and sour soup felt so good on my throat and tasted even better. I love this soup. Charlie got a few pieces of orange chicken down. Back to the pharmacy and then home to crash.

Later last night I discovered this:

















I'm fixin' (yeah, it's Texan for 'getting ready') to get dressed for work this morning. I'm feeling better, have had enough fluids to float me for awhile (I know...ewwww, sorry) and she gave us some great stuff for our coughs so that will help others feel safer around me, I'm sure. I haven't seen a mirror yet today, but with any luck, I'll only need two minutes of makeup this morning.

17 Comments:

Blogger LoveLladro said...

Ugh... sorry to hear you feel so crappy... I hope you and Charlie heal quickly!

Oh and I think Charlie inherited your love of animals. That is one of the cutest pictures ever!

12:13 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

lovelladro ~ thanks sweetie. Oh, and both of my kids inherited that love! :)

1:17 PM  
Blogger Lynilu said...

Ohhh. I hope you're both over this soon. It stinks to be sick, especially when the weather is a nice as it is here. And then you have to go to work. groooooan.

And you're right ... he will be the baby in your heart until forever!! It's OK!

3:11 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

Get better soon Kathi! I have you and Charlie in my prayer. Beautiful picture. They know he doesn't feel well so they are taking care of him.

10:29 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

lynilu ~ Saturday night we were both feeling better. Not 100%, but better. Charlie has so much congestion and I'm more achy. Weird how we got two different virus at the same time. And, yup, my baby will always be my baby. :)

rose ! exactly, that's what I thought too.

6:48 AM  
Blogger Kelli said...

I hope you are feeling better...hoepfully that z pack is doing the trick.

I love that picture. Makes me want to go cuddle with my babies.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Z-Pak for a virus? Hmmm.

In any event, I hope it kills the bad doobies (my ma used to say that) and you are back to your fabulous self soon.

Hot and sour soup sounds absolutely lovely. I have a hankerin now!

4:45 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

anne ~ well, we're better with the old symptoms, but new ones have popped up...kinda weird. We're both really dizzy and I know it can't be dehydration...trust me, it's not.
Yeah, sweet pics, I had good subjects. :)

nancy ~ I'm pretty sure that's what she called them, let me see... They both say the same thing; azithromycin 250 mg substituted for zithromax 250 Z-Pak tabs. First time I've ever been to this doctor, so what are you saying, you think she gave me the wrong thing?
That hot and sour soup at PE's, mmmm, the best. Of course, it's the only hot and sour soup I've had for a looooong time because usually it's made with chicken broth and I don't do chicken.

7:36 PM  
Blogger Believer said...

Z packs are great and Panda is my daughter's favorite restaurant. I don't eat there anymore, but we'll bring her take out to a finer eatery of my choice. Everyone is happy!

Glad to hear you’re on the mend with the help of meds.

8:54 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

rosemarie ~ yup, Panda Express is Charlie's favorite place too, I only get the hot and sour soup, but I LOVE it. We're much better, thank you. :)

11:12 PM  
Blogger Seven said...

One hour and eleven minutes...but who's counting?

8:27 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Hope you are already starting to feel better, and Charlie too!! :)

I commented on your last post, but once again it's not there when I went back and checked. What's up with that????

9:54 AM  
Blogger GERBEN said...

Awe, I hope you two are feeing better today. Sucks to be sick. ((hug)) And I love the pic by the way.

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Make sure you all get decent sleep. It is really helpful for the immune system

6:02 PM  
Blogger DaBich said...

Nancy was trying to say that Antibiotics for a VIRAL infection is useless. Antibiotics only work on bacterial infections. A virus has to run its course. Weird doctor. Unless he figured you had some secondary infection.

Glad you're both feeling better.

Love the pic with the pups...all three of them your babies! :)

6:16 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

Well, I've finished my useless meds regardless. ;) She didn't mention a secondary infection and I'd actually liked her too. Pooh.

We are both healthy and back to our happy sarcastic nature. :)

10:40 PM  
Blogger DaBich said...

In that case, SLEEP is your best medicine!

6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home