.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Friday, October 26, 2007

4 a.m.

I woke up with a headache at 4 in the morning. Pounding pain, y'all know what that's like because we've all been there. Anyway, as I get up and stumble my way to the kitchen (don't tell me that some of you don't stumble at 4 a.m.) I felt something cold under my foot. Give me a break, please...I'm begging. I stopped dead in my tracks, as I can't reach a light switch. I finally take another step out and, yup, I step into something. But, at least I'm close enough to reach the light switch. Well...my latest addition apparently had an unavoidable accident. A loose, runny and nasty accident.
After making my way to the kitchen walking on my heels, I take an Aleve, clean off my feet and set off to clean up the hallway, again, at 4 in the morning.
As my good friend, Katy, asked me lately (and coincidentally it was in regards to my latest addition) "What's wrong with you?" I dunno, hon, I just don't know. But I did hear your question over and over while I was scrubbing the carpet in the hall this morning. The only answer I had was this:


















On a brighter note, they scheduled me off for this Sunday. :)

14 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

There is nothing worse than stepping in something wet and yucky in the middle of the night in the dark. I would have freaked!!!

Glad to here you have Sunday off, I guess they realized you weren't playin' around.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

~*~*~SQUISH~*~*~


I'd still be scrubbing! Sorry you had an unfortunate "accident".... look how bad the pup feels now! haha!

Enjoy your weekend Kath!!!

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You always were a sucker for the cute factor. I don't know though the pee, poop and puke factor ( or as I like to call them the 3 P's ) is moving up pretty fast with this one.

5:09 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

michelle ~ so glad to see your comment make it! :) I've been around animals my entire life, hon. No freaking, just a long let out siiiggghhh.
And yeah, there are a few things I don't play around with. They found out one of them.

deb ~ he's precious, well worth a bit of scrubbing now and then. OUCH, I think I felt Katy slap me on the back of my head.

katy ~ yup, a big sucker for cute stuff. 3 p's, that's hysterical!!

7:14 PM  
Blogger Believer said...

Yuck on the accident, but look on the bright side, it was a "fresh" peep, poop, or puke! :)

So glad to hear about His favor on Sunday!

11:10 PM  
Blogger Seven said...

EEWWWW!! If I do that BEG gets really mad.

9:14 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

rosemarie ~ don't encourage Katy with the 3 p's, lol! Yup, I'm thrilled about Sunday, thank you.

seven ~ Yeah, I'm getting really mad about it too, but like BEG, I'm thinking he's probably worth it. :)

10:29 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Having a cat with irritable bowel syndrome and a migraine at this very moment, I FEEL your pain.

Hope you are getting better. Mine seems to be fading now.

6:24 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

How could you be mad at that little cute face? I understand though.

7:22 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

nancy ~ awwww, hon...so sorry. Mine was a simple headache, gone by the time I got up. However, the dog's problem continues. :(

rose ~ believe me, I get mad...then I see that face and it doesn't last long. The anger, not the dog...lol.

8:46 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

There is nothing like have a poopy foot. Buy yeah..you cant really get mad at that sweet little baby.

9:56 PM  
Blogger DaBich said...

I'm wondering if a vet could help you out here...any free clinics? lol

Maybe a change of diet? The food may not agree with the lil guy. Poor thing.

Glad you got Sunday off, hope it was great!

4:36 AM  
Blogger LoveLladro said...

like i always tell Riley when he screws up... 'good thing you are SO darn cute!'... he wouldn't have lasted this long if he wasn't ;~) i hope you enjoyed this Sunday off!

7:44 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

anne ~ the only thing worse than a poopy foot is poopy feet. :) He is sweet as he could possibly be. :)

dabich ~ you mean a vet to have him put down? Thought about it, decided against it. LOL!!

lovelladro ~ yeah, I haven't tried telling him that. I'm mostly saying 'c'mon, give me a freaking break!'. I think he hears how darn cute he is enough. :) I wake up with him cuddled with me under the covers at night...don't know how he does it without waking me up, but he's so warm and soft. Awwwww, lol.

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home