.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Monday, October 08, 2007

Taking a step back...and enjoying it

This is being played a lot at my house lately. Charlie has discovered funk. He asked me the other day if I'd ever heard of Sly and the Family Stone. Yeah, he honestly asked me that. I told him that this was the sort of stuff I was listening to when everyone else was listening to rock and heavy metal. He asked me why I'd never introduced him to it. LOL. He's lovin' funk now. I told him these were a couple of my favorites, he looked them up on itunes, and I've heard them a lot the last couple of days. Remember I grew up in a conservative white (klan county) community. No wonder I am the way I am. :)

Sly and the Family Stone
*note toward the end of video when the audience comes on stage; the white guy in the blue shirt and white pants. Even if you don't like the music, the video is worth watching for this guy. :)



Give Up the Funk by Parliament

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, congrats on his "funky find"?

Glad you're enjoying it :)

9:17 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

Wes ~ it's fun watching your kid find something you grew up with, lol. I'm enjoying that. :) And...it is sorta fun hearing this old stuff again.

12:13 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Classic (and groovy)!

LOL The guy at the end of the video is hilarious.

I kinda dance like that!

7:15 AM  
Blogger Believer said...

Love 'em! I heard of these songs, but my husband grew up with them. He's a real music buff so he can tell you when a song play pretty much who it is and when it came out. An amazing talent!

Congratulations on Charlie gettin' turned on to some old school music.

10:15 AM  
Blogger DaBich said...

Oh Lord...this brings back memories! Dance to the Music was so DANCEABLE...I loved that song.

6:36 AM  
Blogger Read This said...

My personal favorite of theirs is A family affair.

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home