.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Saturday, October 06, 2007

We got more than lunch in Denton

Charlie and I drove up to UNT this weekend to see Casey and take him to lunch. I actually thought this was the weekend for Family Weekend, but that's next weekend. Apparently, I can mess up the easiest of things.
When Casey came out to meet us, I heard Charlie say 'nice hair' as he was getting out of the car. Last time I saw Casey, he had long wavy hair and a full goatee. When I got out of the car, this is what I saw.


















We went to visit Casey's room and, sadly, my camera wouldn't work. It's an on again, off again thing with my camera...mostly off. Anyway, I love the way the guys have arranged their room. They've got their beds done as bunk beds against the far wall next to the window, their desks are side by side next to the dresser (top drawer filled with shared snacks) against the middle wall, with their t.v. on a stand, their microwave and refrigerator all against the hall wall. One of the guitars from Guitar Hero was lying in the middle of the floor and another leaning up against the wall with his roommates real guitars. It looked like a guys dorm room. :)

Casey wanted us to go to a place called Frosty's for lunch. He said they make their own root beer and he loved their root beer floats. He told us that it was an old fashioned diner, probably been there since the 70's. His bruising will probably fade soon, lol.

We pulled up to the diner which was a tiny little place that looked like it could be condemned at anytime. There must have been about 5 cars in the parking lot, which was a small, gravel area, and Casey remarks 'looks like it's full'. Charlie and I just sort of looked at each other and Charlie asked 'you have eaten here before, right?' Casey said he'd eaten here several times and it was great. I asked if he'd ever seen any bugs, he said no, so...I'm good to go.

The place was great! We loved it. It had a pinball machine, a pac-man machine and a juke box. I had some of the best fried shrimp I've ever had, some really decent onion rings and a true to the rep, great root beer float. I'll tell you now, it wasn't the cleanest place I've ever been in by a long shot, but it looked like a place that had been around forever. Most of the people coming in were families, a couple of college kids and an elderly couple.
































We went shopping after lunch to get Casey some things he needed and a few things I was forcing on him (hey, I am first and foremost a MOM). Honestly, nearly everything I'd ask if he wanted, he'd say 'no Mom, it's too much'. Okay. But I was able to get him some necessities like toilet paper, pop, some breakfast foods. He told me he doesn't get breakfast because his classes are too early to hit the cafeteria. I remember that all too well. So, I stocked them up on things they could 'grab and go' with in the mornings.

This is where everything starts to get a bit fuzzy.
I remember there was some pleading, some rationalization, more pleading, a lot of promises made and the next thing I know...

15 Comments:

Blogger Kelli said...

OMG...too freaking cute! I just want to rub those ears. (Ummm..the dogs..not one of your kids!)We need more story about this cute little guy.

Oh man..I havent had Frosty's in forever! Hmmm...that sounds so good.

11:24 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

Okay, so what's wrong with my kids ears?? LOL, isn't he adorable? Charlie has named him Danny California after a Red Hot Chili Peppers song. Since he's a boy, we're going with Danny instead of Dani. And he'd love for you to rub his ears!! He loves that!

I figured you'd know Frosty's!!

12:16 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Two of the things I love most in the world: (1) root beer and (2) pinball

The photos were great. It's good to see the guys together again!

I think Danny is adorable!

6:08 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

nancy ~ I know, everytime I look at them I get a feeling like...homesickness or something. Life just changes so fast and you never get to rewind.

Danny is a cutie, and we've found out he's quite the cuddler. :) What a plus!

9:53 AM  
Blogger Seven said...

Momma sucker....

2:32 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

seven ~ TRUE THAT

9:26 PM  
Blogger Believer said...

Is cute Danny home with you or in the dorm? I know mom's love to fuss about the kids and go a little crazy. Like if you want a box of granola bars, they'll mail you a carton. That's my mom! ;)

2:11 AM  
Blogger DaBich said...

Oh Man, how cute can ya get?? Oh, and Casey and Charlie are cute too ;)

So....tell us the story so we know how you got a Cuddler added to your home LOL.

6:15 AM  
Blogger ~ Amanda X&O said...

Such a sucker!! Love the story, and the dog is a total surprise. :)

10:11 AM  
Blogger GERBEN said...

Awe, what a cute pie!!! I loved all the pics. The boys look good and it sounds like you all had fun.

11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the dog!!

I remember my mother forcing me to get things I needed. They eventually came in handy

3:37 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

rosemarie ~ he's here...in my home. :)

dabich ~ he is cute, and oh man, how he loves to cuddle. To freakin' cute!

amanda ~ you've got me pinned, I am a sucker.

kidd ~ it felt so good being with the two of them together again. Loved it!

epsilonicus ~ thanks babe, I love him too. And thanks for saying that eventually6 they came in handy, good to know. :)

7:40 PM  
Blogger LoveLladro said...

you know when you are reading a story or watching a movie and you think you know what its about and then BAM, they change direction on you and the ending is something you never saw coming... yeah, your post is a little like that!

what a freaking adorable dog! I just wanted to hug and squeeze him... i agree with other comments... full story would be great here!

11:41 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

lovelladro ~ I can't say enough what a great cuddler this dog is, he is so sweet.

12:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awe Danny is sooo cute! I might actually have a new pup myself. My sis rescued it and asked if I wanted to keep it (which I do) but I'm not sure how to break it to Ezel yet since he doesn't think it's the right time to get a puppy. She's a chihuahua mix and she's so small and cute! I've already named her Gypsy and hope I can convince him to keep her!

PS. We're moving to Louisiana after the first of the year for his new job! That's his first "duty station" as he calls it.

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home