.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Still Here

Sorry for the lack of posting. I'm good, the boys are good and the zoo is fine. :) Just working and very, very tired.

I fell over one of my dogs (black lab in the middle of the night, hey...it could happen to anyone) and twisted my ankle which swelled up and was a source of great pain for me for a couple of days...but I didn't miss any work. Nope. And I've got to say, they gave me work that I could do by either standing still or by putting a chair up under my knee to keep me from putting weight on it. I really appreciated that. It's all good now.

Casey is coming home for the entire weekend, I'm excited about that. Charlie and I have started attending The Potter's House church (T.D. Jakes) the last few weeks and we love it. Casey is going with us on Sunday, I'm really looking forward to worshiping with both of my boys again.

So, life is still good and I'm still blessed.

7 Comments:

Blogger Believer said...

Sorry to hear about the ankle. I hope you have it wrapped with an ace bandage.

TD Jakes?! I'm so jealous!

Enjoy the weekend with both your boys.

12:36 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

rosemarie ~ you know of him, huh? I can't begin to express the warmth and love you feel in that church. I'm gonna post about Charlie's experience there, all I'll tell you now is it made me cry like a baby, one of the best experiences of my life.

1:10 AM  
Blogger DaBich said...

Dang on the ankle...but that was kind of the workplace to assist you in keeping the pressure on it to a minimum!

I am not familiar with TD Jakes, but I look forward to the post...anything that makes you cry has to be good!

6:26 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Glad to hear you are doing well and that your ankle is healing!

Have a GREAT weekend!

7:43 AM  
Blogger 3carnations said...

Sorry about your ankle. I'm glad you were able to work through it!

Wow - That church is huge. I'm a little surprised to hear you moved to a new church. I was under the impression you were all very happy at your old one. I know Casey was very involved. I'm glad you like the new one, though!

7:46 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

dabich ~ yup, and the ankle is good, just kept it up and ice on it when I was home.
Lol, Charlie said "are you crying??" Yes, yes I was.

nancy ~ thank you, and you too darlin!

3 c's ~ me too, I make considerably less staying home, lol, well, not much less. :)

I LOVE Fellowship Church. We've been there at least once a week since they opened their doors over 3 years ago and Casey and I are regular volunteers. However, I've always been a huge fan of T.D. Jakes and he's been at Fellowship guest speaking a few times, and I've always wanted to visit, but it's just that it's 45 minutes away to where Fellowship is only 5 minutes away. But, Charlie has never ever wanted to go to Church on Sundays. Things have changed, and that's a good enough reason for me to consider moving home churches.

8:07 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Ack, sorry to hear about your ankle Kath. I slipped into a pothole, and twisted mine really bad, never got medical attention that it needed and it swelled up so horribly! I still have problems with it and it's been 5 whole fricken years!

Feel better sweetie!

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home