.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Let it start with me

I saw this at Rosemarie's and have to pass it on. You know, sometimes we see, read and hear about all the violence and destruction in the world and blame it on everyone from our politicians to the terrorists. Blame whom you wish, but the solution starts with me, it starts with you, it starts with whomever will make a difference. All things are possible.

6 Comments:

Blogger Believer said...

Amen!

"Let there be peace on earth
And let it begin with me."
~Seymour Miller & Jill Jackson, "Let There Be Peace on Earth," 1955

10:01 AM  
Blogger Seven said...

That early photo of the young boy with what is assumed to be his father 'under fire' has always haunted me. From the first time I saw it. It is a tragic image of humanity. And it displays without words that violence is not a normal human condition.
I hate the picture for its brutality and honesty. I accept it for the same reason. Still it hurts my eyes, every time I see it..

4:45 PM  
Blogger DaBich said...

Oh! How poignant and heartbreaking some of these pictures are. Makes my heart ache...

6:54 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

rosemarie ~ there'll never be peace on earth until it's time...but we're to live towards that day and intorduce His love to as many as we can reach. I'll join you in your Amen! :) Praise God, what an awesome task we're given, living and sharing His glory! Sure pays more than $7.25 an hour, huh? LOL

seven ~ first time I'd seen it, what an image. Hurts my spirit.

dabich ~ absolutely.

8:17 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Wow, I hadn't seen most of those pictures and they are truly heartbreaking. But like you said, there will only be peace on this earth when it is time, and oh how I hope that day comes soon!!!

10:55 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

michelle ~ you and I both, darlin.

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home