.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

I Need Rest

We all have blessings in our life. Usually, they're what I focus on. Sometimes they're hard to find through a mess that may be crowding us on every side, but they're there. For me, they're my kids. No surprise. I am so blessed to have two such great guys that make me laugh, that care about me and that treat me with such respect. I love and adore them. Blessings? Yup, I'm blessed. I'm also blessed with amazing friends that love me in spite of knowing me. Family? I've recently been reunited with my sister and I'm so happy to have her to talk to, to laugh and to cry with. So yeah, I've got family, I've got friends and I've got my boys who are both. Count me blessed.

But, sometimes life can overwhelm us. I don't think that it means we're denying our blessings, just that we are human....not super human. Normally I'm positive regardless of what life throws at me. I know I'll get through it. I've gotten through hard times before and I'll continue to get through hard times when I'm presented with them. Never count me down, and never count me out. It'll never happen. Yet, right now, I'm tired. I'm so tired. My spirit is tired, my heart is tired and with all that I am, I just need for it to be okay to be tired. I don't have time to rest, no get away weekends, no drowning my sorrows in a few dozen margaritas, I simply don't have the time to escape. But right now, I'm just tired and I need for that to be okay.

Fortunately I can press on when I'm tired...and friends, I'm pressin' on. And I'm praying. I'm not praying that quiet little bow my head and not be heard or noticed type of prayer. No, I'm praying that on my knees, tears flowing, hands lifted and heart calling out with all that's in me kind of prayer. I need God's strength, I need His joy and I need His help. Right now, more than ever, I NEED Him. I'm holding on to Him tighter than I've ever held on before. I'm going to cling to the hem of His garment (c'mon, if you know what I'm talking about, let me know it) and I'm not letting go.

So I'm just going to trust God to do His thing (He conquered death, after all, how hard can my mess be for Him?) and I'm not going to concern myself with any of life's heaviness tonight, because frankly, I'm just too tired.

12 Comments:

Blogger Believer said...

Let the weak say I am strong!
What comes to mind are the seasons of this "tired" feeling translated into the inner workings of tearing down to rebuild. In His infinite wisdom…He’s doing a "work" in you that we will all be witnesses of shortly. I'm sure of it!

I support your need for validation that where you are is “okay” to feel tired, but equally I support the importance of holding on to God with all your might, as you are.

Rest in Him! Everyday try to disconnect from the world while refueling with His love and power to forge ahead.

"During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you." - Footprints Poem

2:25 AM  
Blogger DaBich said...

((((((((((((Kathi~*~*~*)))))))))) Of course, it's ok to be tired. It's not ok to give up, and you're not doing that, so dangit, Lady, you're all right! Just keep on holdin' on to that hem, He won't let you lose your grasp. God Bless you, girl.

5:59 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

rosemarie ~ I knew I could count on you to support me. I appreciate your words and your prayers. You're a warrior, you are!

dabich ~ my cheerleader! Thank you sweetie!

7:01 AM  
Blogger 3carnations said...

Aw, Kathi. I hope you find rest for all the parts of you that need it. Things will get easier and better. You've had a crazy year and a half. Just keep at it...Things will change. :)

7:34 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

3 c's ~ what a great way to put it, 'all the parts of me that need it'. Thank you.

7:55 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

It is OK to be tired, because that is usually when we allow God to be his strongest. I'm sending up prayers for you right now Kath, and hope that your spirit will be refreshed and renewed soon.

In a few years you are going to be able to look back on this time and see how much glory and honor you have brought to the Lord, and I know that He has all kinds of blessings waiting for you for it!!!

10:24 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

michelle ~ thank you. I don't know if it's because I'm tired or if I just felt your love and prayers but your comment brought tears (happy tears) to my eyes and I blew you kisses. Thank you.

2:44 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

I firmly believe with all my heart, that you, as a believer in Christ are suffering, because you reap the rewards afterwards. It sounds unfortunate, but if you can just grasp that concept and yes, have an outburst, a healthy one, flip out, vent, yell, scream in a healthy way and let God know your frustrations.

God,

I ask that you help my friend Kathi cope with whatever she is going through. I ask that you pour your love upon her and you keep residing in her heart, giving her the hope, encouragement, and restoration that she needs. Give her rest---put your yoke upon her and please watch after her. Mend her heart, give her soul some peace and most of all, give her patience at this time. Bless her with the friends who love her, the incredible sons that you have given to her and the ability to come out through this stronger than ever. I ask this in Jesus’ name. Amen!

Always praying for you!!! xxoo

I flipped out on my post because I feel overwhelmed myself. *sigh*

Love you!

3:34 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

deb ~ honey, my oldest and dearest blog friend, thank you. You are my sister and I love you.

8:32 PM  
Blogger LoveLladro said...

i look back at the low and tired times in my past with gratitude, it's when i reached out for Him the most. there is something so freeing (and sometimes terrifying ;~) about letting him have complete control. you are in my prayers. love ya!

9:10 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. (Matthew 11: 28-31)

It's funny because I am far from a Bible scholar of any sort, but I found great comfort in the above one day I actually made it to church recently. I know about being tired to the bone. I hope this gives you as much comfort as it did me.

10:42 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

lovelladro ~ awwww...look at Chase!! How sweet is that??
You are absolutely right and I appreciate your prayers, hon. Powerful stuff!

nancy ~ it did give me comfort. I love that scripture, but haven't read it or claimed it lately. Thank you so much. I know you know tired, darlin', I know you surely do. Thanks for taking the time to give me this scripture. I needed it.

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home