.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I'm such a 'Joe' kind of girl.

Last week the boys and I went out for dinner and to see Casey's choice for his birthday movie, G.I. Joe. I was as anxious to see it as the boys, because the three of us played a lot with G.I. Joe's as the boys were growing up. I would find it very hard to imagine there was a Joe made that we didn't have at home, or a piece of their equipment, or a vehicle...even clothing. We had it all. We had the large planes and the small planes, the ships and the boats. They slept and bathed with those Joe's. I barely remember the cartoons, but they say they watched them.

Make no mistake, this movie was bad. The kind of bad where people were laughing during the serious parts, impossible to take anything serious kind of bad. However, the boys and I enjoyed it. For over an hour after the film we reminisced about the G.I. Joe's of their childhood. There are a lot of Joe's; Duke, Hawk, Snake Eyes...a lot of Joe's, and it was fun remembering them when their character was in the movie. We talked about what they'd had as boys, even remembering how certain Joe's or certain extras were broken. We'd forgotten so much. The movie was, without a doubt, one of the worst films I've seen, but the memories it brought back and the reminiscing we did after definitely made it worth sitting through.

8 Comments:

Blogger 3carnations said...

My son's too young for the movie, but thanks to Burger King's marketing, he has some of the toys and loves them. I'm not sure it will be as big a hit for him as it was for your boys, because Transformers, Spiderman and Bakugan are taking priority right now.

7:06 AM  
Blogger A Plain Observer said...

There is happiness in reminiscing. For us, it would be "land before time" - I loved those characters more than they did..Littlefoot, Cera, ahhhhh

8:24 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

3 c's ~ Burger King and McDonalds happy meal toys were a huge hit for me when the kids were young. In fact, we still have a lot of them still in their plastic packages that they saved. Should check those babies out on ebay. :)

jbt ~ I remember that too, and we watched that some...but they didn't blow anything up. ;)

8:54 AM  
Blogger LoveLladro said...

that's the best bad review I have ever read! sorry to hear it sucked but glad to know the money was well spent!

9:04 AM  
Blogger MOMSWEB said...

My husband said the movie was, "Alright." Doesn't sound like two thumbs up to me!

5:27 PM  
Blogger A Plain Observer said...

did you just sneak a post on me and deleted it before I got to it?

1:47 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

jbt ~ honestly, I don't remember.

3:08 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

I heard so many different reviews about this movie. I love hearing about your outings with your sons.

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home