.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

What If

All children dream. The youngest child will live within an imagination that we are not able to begin to imagine as adults. What did we dream about? What were our imaginings when we were young? The mind of a child is so full of dreams, nothing is impossible. Nothing. To the innocent, the world awaits their laugh and each moment is another opportunity to smile.

When do we begin to lose that? When do we first hear words that diminish those imaginings, that bring doubt to those beliefs that all is possible? What if we were never told that things were impossible to us? What if we were always encouraged to seek after those imaginings, regardless of the magnitude of the dream? What if the world were shaped by our reality instead of our being shaped by it's reality. What an amazing world is possible if we listen to our hearts instead of the man on the radio, the woman on the television or to anyone but the Voice within our spirit.

I reflect on the dreams I've had, on the expectations I've had of myself; not only from when I was younger, but the dreams I still have late at night when my mind is quiet and the world isn't allowed in. The dreams that my heart still nourishes with hope.

Far from childhood, far from innocent, I still find my hiding place in hope and I continue to dream. Let the reality of this world hit me with it's best shot. I will continue to laugh and I will continue to smile. Not because I hide from reality, but because I choose my reality.

8 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Keep dreamin' my friend. All to often as adults we no longer let ourselves dream of anything...big or small. I myself am guilty of that most of them time.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Lynilu said...

It is sad that we let go of the ability to believe in our dreams, because I think it is still possible to have our dreams come true .... if we believe. It is hard, with the harsh realities of life, but if we don't continue to believe, what do we have?

I think dreams do come true. but like prayers, sometimes we don't recognize it because we get what we need, rather than what we want.

I still believe.

1:11 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

michelle ~ I understand, the world comes against us hard and it's got a powerful punch. Just keep reminding myself Who stands behind me. :) Where are you, Hon? You've not posted in awhile. Summer and kids keeping you busy?

lynilu ~ often I want so much more than I need...my heart has some mighty desires. :)

4:55 PM  
Blogger A Plain Observer said...

I have remained naive in many ways, trustful, hopeful like a child. I continue to believe what I am told, I dont ever think someone wants to hurt me. I have been wrong many times (more times than I've been right) but I continue to dream.

Dream on my friend, it's a beautiful world in our dreams

8:29 PM  
Blogger LoveLladro said...

I look at Chase and wonder if and when he will lose that child like wonderment... when will the realities of the world hit him. It's so scary and horrible to think about as a parent... I guess all we can do is keep trying to retain that child like quality.

9:06 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

jbt ~ I can see that in you. I tend to not trust so much.

lovelladro ~ I started writing this after I watched Chase watching Elmo.

6:34 AM  
Blogger Not so evil Shenanigans said...

Beautiful! I'm so inspired by you each time I visit your blog. Keep on a truckin' lady:)

8:55 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

shannon ~ thank you, how sweet are you?? And darlin', I just updated on your blog, and seriously, you need to start wearing a hat, scarf...helmet, something, when you go outside!

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home