.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Dreamers, each of us

Young girls dream. To a young girl, anything is possible, even if someone tries to stifle their spirit, young girls will dream. Most young girls dream of growing up to be like their mommy. They play dress up; they put on their mommy's high heeled shoes, put on their mommy's make-up in the way only a child can, and they dream. They dream of being a mommy themselves, gingerly caring for their baby dolls. They dream of a man loving them, as they've seen their father caring for their mother. Yes, young girls are great dreamers.

By the time a young girl becomes a young woman, she's seen that life isn't as perfect as it was in her days of make believe. Young men have brought reality into the realm of their imagination. They've been introduced to the reality of heartache and heartbreak. Most young women have cried themselves to sleep, holding their pillow tightly and hoping that someone who had loved them yesterday would love them again tomorrow. Regardless of how much they've been hurt, soon there will be the smile of someone new that will turn their pain into hope...excitement, and give them reason to dream...again.

As women, most of us have known real heartache, had our heart broken by someone we'd trusted with it, and as much as we've tried to stay open to the dream of true love, we're weary. I've known women who believe they love every man they go out with, I've known women who occasionally toy with the idea of love and I've known women who run with all the force that is in them in the opposite direction of any hint of love.

But somewhere, deep in the heart of every woman, is that little girl that dreams. Somewhere inside each of us, that young woman still yearns to feel the stirring of hope and excitement when someone new catches her attention. Regardless of what life has brought us through, the memory of what is possible is resilient.

Dreamers, each of us.

I still dare to dream.

12 Comments:

Blogger A Plain Observer said...

I have fallen asleep holding the pillow with tears wetting it. It is sometimes the awakening of the dream that is hard, but yeah, I dream too.
Glad I'm not crazy (ok, be quiet!), reading comments on prev post, found out there had been another post that I couldn't get to. Phew! I'm alright.

8:28 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

jbc ~ yup, being a woman isn't for sissies. :) And, hon, I'm so sorry about the yesterday post. Forgive me.

8:49 AM  
Blogger GERBEN said...

The way you write, it stirs emotions in me. Gives me goosebumps & makes me smile. (((hug))) Thank you Kathi

10:36 AM  
Blogger Kristie said...

Hi! Your blog just came up in my google alert. I'm the author of a children's book called Mommy's High Heel Shoes (http://www.mommyshighheelshoes.com) which is a sweet story about a little girl who loves trying on Mommy's Shoes and realizes how many different jobs Mommy does!

I love your post- beautifully written

Kristie

11:24 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

gerben ~ no, THANK YOU, hon. Hugs right back at'cha.

kristie ~ wow, I'm on google alert, lol. That may be a first for me, not sure. :) Thanks, though, for your kind words.

12:00 PM  
Blogger Lynilu said...

That is all so true, and in spite of the heartache and heartbreak, I'm open to new experiences. Not looking, but won't shrug off a possibility. Love is good. Without it .... well, I can't even imagine.

1:06 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

That's where you and I differ, Lyn...I've had quite the wall up until..well, lately. :) Guess it took someone with a lot of patience to chip through that wall...thank God for patience.

6:56 PM  
Blogger LoveLladro said...

Love it... I am glad you came through this still willing to dream. There is way more out there for you, you just have to be willing to open your eyes!

8:23 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

lovelladro ~ awww, me too, hon. And sweetstuff...I managed to open these eyes a couple of months ago...and I'm so happy now it's near perfect. :)

11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds promising Kathi....keep your options open, you might be pleasantly surprised.

9:13 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Beautiful Kathi! I pray that the hard days of heartache are all behind you and that only sweet dreams lie ahead!

1:10 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

michelle ~ awww, thanks sweetie. I'll agree with you in that prayer. :)

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home