.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Monday, February 23, 2009

I'm calling about your ad...

I've been looking at cars for Charlie all week. With what I have to spend, the choices are limited. What I've spent the last week learning the most is how dishonest some people can be. I know people are just trying to make money, and believe me, I understand the need to make money, but to be so dishonest...hard to make excuses for them.

One thing I've learned that helps weed out some of the dishonest people is to tell them up front that I'll be taking it to a mechanic before I buy it. When they hesitate to agree to that stipulation, I know it's time to say goodbye.

Pray that we would have favor as our search continues.

11 Comments:

Blogger Johnnie Avocado said...

Exactly......that always what you need to do! Good for you...

7:06 AM  
Blogger Lynilu said...

I wouldn't do it any other way. It is too bad that people try to shove problem possessions off onto unsuspecting others. You're a smart cookie!!

8:17 AM  
Blogger 3carnations said...

Hey - The comments are back on! I've missed the ability to comment. :)

I will keep you in my prayers for a successful car search. :)

8:34 AM  
Blogger Not so evil Shenanigans said...

Car buying stinks, no doubt about it. I bought a new Focus in May because of my commute and the need to save some money on gas, I figured I could put the $ in the gas tank or spend them on a new car, but the car had to be cheap and small. I hate it. It feels like a cheap piece of crud, but it only takes about $18 to fill the tank, so there you go!

9:10 AM  
Blogger Leesa said...

Buying and selling cars can be a problem. When I was in college, a friend introduced me to her mechanic. When I wanted a car, I approached him to see how much it would cost to look a car over. And I took it to him, a trusted mechanic. Best $100 I ever spent.

9:12 AM  
Blogger A Plain Observer said...

There is a commercial on TV I just saw where the car is in a hurricane and completely covered with water. The ad reads new upholstery....

11:24 AM  
Blogger DaBich said...

Ahhh...car troubles. We just took our son's car to a transmission shop to have his rebuilt. YUCK. I'll send up a prayer for your good luck in this search!

4:39 AM  
Blogger LoveLladro said...

ugh... I don't envy your task... it's definitely not easy. I'll be praying that the right car presents itself.

on a seperate note... have you been ok? you've been scarce and difficult to reach. I've been worried about you. I'm praying everything is going well.

6:09 AM  
Blogger Margie said...

I promise, I shall pray!
So many dishonest people in this world...it can just make you cry!

Margie

2:04 PM  
Blogger Believer said...

My girlfriend waited a month or so before she found the right car. It was a roller coaster ride with phone calls and visits to far away auto malls.

Be careful of the "switch and bait" ads or sales pitches to get you there. Also be skeptical about “after market warranties” doing a deal with the dealership is best.

I hope your search ends soon and you find the right car for a deal.

2:23 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

The biggest scam people run are on cars. I suggest you take it and put it on that machine that tells you what is wrong. I know so many people who bought bad cars, five neices in the last 6 weeks. That's right. They are having nothing but problems. People took advantage of young girls, I told them to take my husband or a man, but they didn't listen.
Just let them no as you are doing that you are having the car checked out.

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home