.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Monday, February 09, 2009

The Voice (part 2)

Again, I published a post without meaning to. I hadn't even realized I'd posted the last one till a friend emailed her experience with the Voice. Maybe someone needed it at that time, God's got His own timing and it's always perfect. Mine...not so much.

There was a vision that came with His words to me that day last week. It was one of driving into a fog knowing what was on the other side of it; even though I couldn't see it I knew what was there. I wasn't afraid because I knew that I knew that I knew what was on the other side of the fog. That's the way trials are in our life. He encourages us to not lose our faith when we're faced with adversity, when Satan puts a smokescreen between us and the blessings that God has for us, because even if we can not see them...no matter how long it's been that we've not been able to see them, they are still there. If I chose not to drive into the fog out of fear, even though I knew what was on the other side, I'd never get there. God isn't going to pick my car up (I'm talking metaphors here) and put me down on the other side. I've got to drive through it in faith.

What's on the other side of the fog? The smokescreen? Those trials and tribulations? I don't know. I don't need to. He knows. Could be the answer to all my financial woes, could be the man of my dreams, could be heaven waiting on me. I don't know and it doesn't matter because it's God's plan for me and I trust Him.

So...I'm in a bit of fog. So...the devil has put up a smokescreen to camouflage the blessings God has for me. Okay. What God has for me, be it blessings here or a trip home to heaven, it's still there regardless of whether I can see it or not. How arrogant of me to assume that because my eyes can't see it, that it would mean it's not there. Daily I renew my trust in the Lord, with all of my heart, and refuse to lean on my own understanding, because sometimes I honestly don't have a clue. But He does. So, I'm keepin' on. Trusting...because He spoke to me. Again.

3 Comments:

Blogger DaBich said...

AMEN, sister. You give me a lot of inspiration. Keep up the good work!

4:21 AM  
Blogger Margie said...

I wish I had your deep, abiding trust in the Lord!
I'm getting there, Kathi!

Margie

2:11 PM  
Blogger Believer said...

Bless Jesus that we have access to hear that "still small voice."

Praying that the fog is lifted and every obstacle removed.

The blessings of the Lord will chase you down the street!

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home