.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

The Voice (thanks, M.)

I've often written about God talking to me. Sometimes after quiet meditation or prayer I'll get bits of 'wisdom' or sometimes I've even felt like I've been lovingly scolded...and then sometimes it's like today.
I was in the lunch room by myself, and as I bowed my head to bless my food He said "look through the smokescreen, what I have for you is there regardless of what you see with your natural eyes". What?? I wasn't thinking about anything but blessing my food. I love it when He does this. The first time I heard God's voice was that first time I'd ever entered a church in 1983, I believe it was 1983. As I stood in the back of the church I felt someone physically tap my shoulder and say "throw the drugs down the toilet when you get home, you don't need them anymore". There was no one behind me. I did what I was told and for the first time in 13 years, I overcame my addiction to speed. So, I know that voice and I've learned to listen to it.

1 Comments:

Blogger DaBich said...

You positively give me goosebumps!!!!

4:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home