.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Takin' my time

Okay, you know me, I'm not one to complain. Oh, hush Katy. Seriously, I don't usually complain, but I'm really starting to take offense at people telling me not to 'give up' or 'there's still hope' in my love life. Really, I'm okay with where I'm at. Just how many times do I have to tell people that I'm not in a hurry?? I know most people my age are married, and in all honesty, I never pictured myself single and dating at this age. Married and dating may have been more my style at one time, but single and dating never really entered my mind. But, here I am, and here is where I'm comfortable. Besides, I've dated a couple of guys, I've 'met' a few guys...and no one has rung my bell. And I want my bell RUNG! :) I've not felt that head over heels feeling in a long, long, long time and I want that feeling again. I'm okay with waiting for it, really.

So you're wanting to know why I'm carrying on, right? C'mon, fess up. Well, let me tell you. I've got every married friend (okay, 'every' is a tad of an exaggeration), even semi-friend, telling me to 'keep the faith', 'don't give up', 'keep looking, there's still hope' and I'm just about ready to revert to language I've not used in over 25 years. *Okay, I just made myself laugh because that's the northerner coming out in me, saying 'I'm just about ready to...' because the Texas way of saying that would be 'I'm fixin' to'.*

But seriously, I'm good. I mean I've got problems that having a spouse would definitely help with...okay, I just made myself laugh again because that could be taken so many ways and they'd all be accurate. Oh, lighten up...I'm human. I know I come off as a saint, but it's just not true. :) But if I were worried or concerned over my not being married, trust me, I could be married. It may be to that toothless guy that lives at the bus stop, but I could be married if that's all I wanted. I kid. But that's not what I want. I want someone who will make my knees go weak just thinking about them. I have had that before and I want it again. I've also settled before and I will not settle again. If that means I wait, then I wait.

When my well meaning friends (and semi-friends) tell me not to give up and go on and on with all their well meaning encouragement, seriously, I'm just about ready to let my tongue go free. Ease up people, I'm not in a rush! I want to d.a.t.e. for awhile...I want to have fun and enjoy the flirting around. I'll get married again, I promise. Just let me find the right guy...my guy. God knows exactly where he is and if I don't go rushing around looking for any guy, I'll find the right guy. So, sit back, relax...enjoy my ride if you want. Trust me, my bell is gonna get rung.

18 Comments:

Blogger A Plain Observer said...

do we ever marry the guy who makes our knees go weak? (mine are weak but that is because I gotta have surgery...)

7:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Preach!!!

Patience is most important when it comes to dating.

8:34 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

jbt ~ I'm going to say...yes. And if the answer is no, well, that's a real shame...then what happens to the guy that made our knees go weak??

epsilonicus ~ absoluely 100% true.

10:03 PM  
Blogger 3carnations said...

When you least expect it. :)

Have you tried online dating yet? That's an adventure all by itself.

7:26 AM  
Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

The "toothless guy" comment totally made me laugh!!! :-)

And my response to jbt is that Yes you can have it! I've been married for 13 years now and there are plenty of times that my knees are NOT weak, but plenty of times that they are. That's a very good thing.

Yes, patience in dating is on target. And remember that you are worth the best...so why not wait for it?

(btw...I wandered her from Lynilu's blog!!)

8:52 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

3 c's ~ bite me. LOL, cause that's another one I hear alot. I've met guys on-line... ;)

cheryl ~ thanks so much for comin' my way! I remember the weak knees like it was yesterday, worth waiting for, definitely.

11:22 PM  
Blogger GERBEN said...

Oh yes. You can marry the guy who makes you go weak in the knees. *swoon* Red knows how to give me jell-o knees.

You know, it seems you run into "weak knees" guy when you are not even looking for him. At least that is how it worked for me. *wink*

By the way Kathi, I posted some pictures just for YOU. ((hug))

11:33 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

kidd ~ yup, y'all are perfect examples. :)
OHHH, and thanks for those pictures. You know I was scared to go look, don't you? Was afraid you were luring me there to show me...well, you know. But nope, you were a sweetheart and I loved the pics. Thanks Kidd!!

12:22 PM  
Blogger da buttah said...

Go out, have fun, and the guy you go out with so he leaves you alone and you swear will never get a second date will end up adding a new initial to your monogram.

Or maybe that's just in my case...hmmmm.

2:01 PM  
Blogger LoveLladro said...

Girl, I love your attitude! You hold out for the guy that rings your bell.. no doubt! If you were 16 no one would tell you different! Makes no difference the age, every woman deserves the best... and patience is the key!

6:14 PM  
Blogger DaBich said...

My hubby STILL makes my knees go weak. And puts butterflies in my stomach...
Hold out for it, lady, hold out for it!

4:38 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

da buttah ~ lol, after reading your blog for the last couple of wks, I so knew where you were going and I was laughing before you finished it. Thanks, hon.

lovelladro ~ yup, I've got attitude, that is for sure!
I want what you have...minus a baby, lol. :)

dabich ~ Yup...I DO want what YOU have...including the car. ;)

4:08 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

It only means that you're comfortable in your own skin and that you don't need ANYBODY to make you complete. I'd rather be single than settle for less.

Kudos sweetie! You're just not a 'mediocre type of gal'.

8:35 AM  
Blogger A Plain Observer said...

new picture....?

10:04 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

deb ~ yeah, easy for you to say since you're MARRIED. OMG, deb, YOU'RE MARRIED!! Can you believe it? Oh, and I'm a whole lot more mediocre than you think, sweetie, trust me.

jbt ~ why, yes, it sure is. Thanks so much for noticing. :)

3:34 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

I don't blame you. You want to experience that passion, that wanting to talk on the phone just because, yep you want that, feeling. It is worth the wait. I know your friends, etc., means well, but....

10:39 PM  
Blogger Believer said...

Their words of encouragement and over zealousness regarding marriage are only out of love.

Waiting for "your" perfect man is best.

I can't help but sing the song "Ring My Bell." ;)

1:08 AM  
Blogger Keasty said...

I did get a buzz outa that Kathi! I'm not worried about you. Just keep an eye out for Aussies... they can sneak up on you unannounced (not me though.)

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home