.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Just thinking out loud...

I am at such a loss with the election coming up. I know everyone is talking, writing or reading about it as well. I've never passed up an election without voting, but if ever I were to do so, it would be this one.

I'm about as conservative as they come. Don't go yellin' at me, or judging me. If you're one of my long time friends here, you pretty much know where I stand on the big issues, as I know where you stand and we still remain standing together. I don't demand my friends believe as I do, and my friends graciously honor me with the same courtesy.

I'm not a fan of either Obama or Palin for the office in which they're running. As people, I'm sure they must be honest, kind, giving and thoughtful people. However, they're not up for membership in my Home Owner's Association. I am at a total loss as to how this country, which I still believe to be pretty great, has somehow laid this selection at our feet.

Obama ~ I'm not saying he doesn't have any experience, I'm saying he doesn't have enough.
Palin ~ Ditto Obama, but divide it by half. The thing is, though she's running as a 'mate', given who her 'mate' is, God forbid, she could be be left running the whole show should anything happen to 72 year old McCain. Even though I share some of her views, I don't share enough. Even if I did, I share 98% of my best friend's views, and I wouldn't want her as our country's president (sorry Katy).

I'm not happy. This whole thing scares me. I keep waiting for a dark horse to show up...someone who'll run as an independent...a write in...something. I come from a generation that remembers the Kennedy's, and Ford, Carter, Reagan...I remember the passion that candidates use to stir. Yeah, I'm not happy and not only am I scared (because let's face it, our country needs a strong president), I'm also sad. This is really the best our country has to offer, the best we have to choose from...this is really our best?

10 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I feel exactly like you do!! I am so scared as to what is going to happen come November, I feel like it's voting for the lesser of 2 evils.

Even though I favor the McCain/Palin ticket over their opponents, I'm still not thrilled with that choice. To me in the end it comes down to one thing and one thing only. I can not, and I mean CAN NOT, vote for someone who supports abortion. End of story. So, that leads me with only one option.

I must say though, that at least Palin gave some life to the McCain ticket. Even though she may not be ready to be President, (I don't think I know enough about her to take a firm stand on that) neither is Obama. So either way you chose there is an ill-equipped person who will be heading to the White House, when our country desperately needs someone who can handle what lies ahead.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Lynilu said...

We have different opinions, as you know, but I couldn't agree more, in that I've agonized over this campaign more than any ever before. I keep reading and listening and talking, however, and I am becoming much more comfortable with my decision. I hope you can find that in your choice, too.

11:25 AM  
Blogger LoveLladro said...

I feel the same way. We need some maverick to ride in and capture everyone's heart and mind. That isn't too much to ask, is it?

12:42 PM  
Blogger GERBEN said...

Did you read my mind? I couldn't agree more with you honey. I don't know what November will hold for us and our country. :-/

1:58 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

Ladies ~ thank you, I was curious as to whether I'd get beaten up a little. Should have known better with y'all. :)

3:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could not vote for McCain-Palin. I feel that McCain has compromised himself in order to win. He changed many of his supposedly string beliefs in order to win the nomination and get the sanction of conservatives. As a person who holds honor and honesty in high esteem, I cannot vote for someone like that. Also, McCain has said he does not know much about how the economy works. I cannot put someone in charge of the world's largest economy if they do not know how it works.

Palin, she is too vengeful. For all those Christian ethics she screams, she needs to practice and realize that being vengeful is not one of those. If you are running on change and against cronyism, you cannot bring aboard someone who practices it.

7:18 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

epsilonicus ~ I've known you for a long time, and one thing I am sure of; you are an honest and honorable man.

10:51 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

I'm leaning with Michelle's comment. For me, it's about safety issues---so I want strength and power with our president that they'll be able to be strong enough to fight against terrorism. So for me, it means, "family".

Gay issues? I have none. I'm gay and I don't care whether or not our next president is for it or against it. There are bigger issues out there.

And although I am for the McCain ticket-----it is the lesser of the evils, in my heart.

There should be a better choice. I'm so with you on this.

Whatever and whoever you choose, we will all stand together. The election time brings out the monsters in people and starts hairy debates, but when the final candidate is selected, did you notice that we all seem to fall in line with one another? It's interesting.

{{hugs}}

Thanks for giving us your input. I love hearing your views!

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Obama- The boy who wanted to be President. Most of his energy on the road to his Presidency has been spent on doing what looks good on the surface. In order to protect his image he is afraid to make a decision on any of the tough issues. His voting record in the Senate is proof enough. Majority of his votes are NO or present but not voting. Has not written a single piece of legislation and brought it to a vote, why because it could turn off voters or his cash flow. He has no history of bad decisions to tarnish his image. I don't see anything in his history that will bring CHANGE. The man is afraid of change. Will he be able to make the tough choices that he will be called on to make?

McCain- Plenty of history. Has been making waves in Washington since his arrival. He has been fighting Washington to clean up it's act from day one. He to me is the man that has proved he wants change.

Palin- I like her! I would much rather have her in charge if something happened (God forbid) to McCain than if we end up with Obama. Again she wants to get things done, and has demonstrated that she will help bring change.

1:49 PM  
Blogger Believer said...

It is a difficult election and the antics and excess media coverage hasn’t helped the situation.

Our best bet is to take it all in and leave what we don't need. Then, get on our knees and pray about it!

1:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home