.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Age and commercial breaks

I am spoiled. Seriously, I'm spoiled. Some of you may have gotten notices from AT&T that I'd changed internet services, so I had a new email address. They sent out bulk mailings from my contact lists. People I've never even heard of have been sending me emails saying "Thanks for letting me know you've changed your address. How do I know you?" Heck if I know.

All started when I wanted Showtime added to my cable so I could watch Dexter's new season. I'd caught it on dvd, and now it's nearly a must have...yeah, spoiled, I know. Time Warner, whom I've been with since it was AT&T years ago, wouldn't cut me a deal and my bill was going to go up a good bit. So, being an all American looking for that ever popular good deal, I called the competition, AT&T. Got a great deal. Here is the catch: with AT&T you can only have one dvr box. I'm use to having three. The one in the family room is a family t.v. One in my room to watch in my room, alone. Makes perfect sense to me. Then another in Charlie's room. He doesn't actually want or need one, he says, because he is always in the family room. Thus my need for one in my room. Perfect sense. AT&T had actually told me I could have two, and it showed on my invoice that, in fact, I'd ordered two. Yet, mysteriously, they don't allow two dvr boxes in one home.

I tried it in my room without a dvr box and felt like I was back in the 80's. I was watching one of my favorite shows, The Closer, and I had to go to the bathroom. I'm hitting the pause button on that remote with all the power in my index finger. Nothing. Then it hit's me...it's not a dvr tv anymore. Right then, I decided, I'm going back to Time Warner. And, to welcome me back, Time Warner not only added Showtime, but they lowered my bill by $30 a month. Thank you, thank you very much.

So, for all of you who are having to go through, yet again, my change of email address, I'm sorry. But at my age, there is no way in hell I can only go to the bathroom at commercial breaks.

15 Comments:

Blogger Believer said...

We must have unscheduled bathroom breaks at our age. ;)

3:17 AM  
Blogger DaBich said...

ROFL! Spoiled, yes. Sweet, YES!
I don't blame you a bit. :)

4:15 AM  
Blogger 3carnations said...

You're so high tech. We don't have a dvr. Yet we manage. :)

7:19 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

believer ~ I know, right? And there is the unexpected phone call, snack break...life happens and I need that pause button!!

dabich ~ thank you, thank you...:) Nice to know I'm understood, LOL.


3 c's ~ high tech? Hon, I can barely change a light bulb. But I have no problem admitting that I am spoiled...in this area of life. :)
I did forget to mention that Time Warner not only added Showtime, but lowered my bill by $30 to welcome me back. :) :)

8:41 AM  
Blogger 3carnations said...

Awesome! Maybe I should leave our cable company!

Everytime they raise the rate, I call, and they find me a lower one. :)

8:55 AM  
Blogger LoveLladro said...

That was too funny! I know just what you mean about needing the DVR... once you have it, you will never go back! I actually find myself wanting to pause radio or in some cases, real life. I have to stop myself and remember that is TV only! Love technology!

12:38 PM  
Blogger GERBEN said...

I LOVE DEXTER!

Oh, and I also love my Tivo. :-)

2:56 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

3 c's ~ I'm thankful for the extra $360 I'll have this year, but this was a pain in the butt!

lovelladro ~ I KNOW! I do the same thing, I'll miss something on the radio and think 'rewind', LOL...I do it all the time! Spoiled sister of mine!

kidd ~ I actually think I started watching it from your blog! Love this show. True Blood looks interesting on HBO...lol, nope, not gonna do it!! I'll wait and catch it on dvd.

5:40 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

That's great that it lowered by $30 bucks! Well worth it!

But damn girl, you're exhausting me with the new email addresses each hour.

ha!

Love you!

6:38 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

deb ~ oh hush, woman!
:) love you toooo.

11:51 PM  
Blogger Lynilu said...

Don't you wish TW had just let you stay, lower the bill and add Showtime? It would have saved you and them a lot of trouble! progress. BAH!!

OK, I won't give you any guff for another change. You're worth it! :)

4:01 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

lynilu ~ yes, yes I do with that. :)
Oh, and I'm worth it?? Thank you hon, thank you very much. HEAR THAT DEB??? I'M WORTH IT!!

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This entry had me laughing!!!

12:43 PM  
Blogger A Plain Observer said...

first time visiting your blog. Very nice. I enjoyed too the affairs of the heart. I posted something similar a couple of days ago.
Your sense of humor is great!

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darn right. You are back to watching tv exactly how us Americans should be watching it :)

And I totally "get" the pressing pause. If I'm somewhere that doesn't have Tivo, I find myself wanting to replay certain portions of what's been aired...hahaha

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home