.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Still moving on

I need a guarantee...on me. I know it's common that once you reach a certain age...like 40'ish, or whatever, that things start to change...settle, whatever.
Last November I tore the ligament in my knee, took me seven months to get surgery. I didn't get this injury skiing, running, or even by walking to the mailbox. All I did was turn, or attempt to, when I was at work. Thank God it did happen while I was at work, though, since Worker's Comp took care of everything. But regardless, all I did was turn around.

Apparently after my surgery my knee became infected. A week ago this past Friday my knee began swelling up and became hot. My calf and my upper thigh began throbbing. I have an appt with my Surgeon for this week, so I was hoping to just make it till I could get in to see him. I'm in physical therapy, and they've been hooking me up to some kind of electrodes to try and break up the swelling...not working

Then last week I ate a piece of candy that Casey had, a sweetart. I love sweetarts. And, I broke my back molar. Broke off a huge piece of my tooth. Wasn't painful at all, just the jagged edge of my tooth on my cheek was the only bother. Friday I had a root canal and they put on a temporary crown for me. My mouth is seriously too small for two people to be in, and I honestly don't believe my mouth was meant to pulled and stretched the way it was, but it wasn't painful in the least and I didn't even have to take an ibuprofen or anything after it, so not much to complain about there.

Because of the root canal, the dentist put me on some strong antibiotics. After about 30 hours of antibiotics, I noticed the swelling and the pain in my knee had greatly decreased. Great news. It's still a bit swollen and warm, but nothing like it was and I have an appt. with my surgeon tomorrow, so it's all good.

But here is the thing; I'm beginning to feel like this body (that still has a lot of living yet to do) is beginning to betray me a bit. Can't fault it, I suppose I've take advantage of it quite a bit. I suppose I'm paying for not taking better care of it...or maybe regardless of how much care you take, these things happen. Most of the patients my surgeon has are runners and athletes. Yeah, I got hurt turning around...so see, things can happen to anyone. And the broken tooth...again, can happen to anyone. Still...it's happening to me, and I'm a tad tired of this vessel breaking down on me. I'd like a few months of smooth sailing...actually I'd be happy with a weekend.

* Apparently I hit publish instead of save last night as I was beginning to post. I knew I was getting sleepy, thought 'I should finish this tomorrow' and instead I published it. So for all you that read the earlier...unfinished or edited version ~ sorry about that y'all. :)

12 Comments:

Blogger Johnnie Avocado said...

What's a Root Vanal? I hope it's not like a root canal.....cause that would suck!!!! Sorry....I couldn't resist. Nothing is worse that just falling apart for no reason. I think you should start telling everyone that you've taken up "Ultimate Fighting"...then you look like a bad A!!!!

6:58 AM  
Blogger 3carnations said...

Oh my gosh. I'll probably pass on sweet tarts from now on...I don't have dental insurance.

7:27 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Eeeek, I think she did mean root canal, but her pronunciation is a bit off due to the pain and possible pain relievers!

No, it's not age, I assure you. I will say this though: my old boss who was quite young, in his late 20's bit into a piece of pizza and lost his front tooth. PIZZA! I think anything can give at any. given. time.

I hope you feel better. :)

7:51 AM  
Blogger LoveLladro said...

awwww, I am so sorry. I wish I could bring you... tomato soup... yogurt... ice cream. apparently I am not sure what you eat when you have a root vanal (hee hee hee) but I wish I could bring it to you. Feel better!

9:27 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Yikes!! You broke your molar from a sweet tart??? There not that hard are they? Well I hope that you have done all of the falling apart that you are gonna do for awhile, and that your mouth feels better soon. :)

10:00 AM  
Blogger 3carnations said...

I read the unfinished version...But I thought "Friday I had a root canal (vanal)" was just a dramatic ending to the post. :)

10:49 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

Y'all are snots!! LOL, I can't believe I posted instead of saved. I can count on y'all to make me smile!
Thanks for caring about me. Love you

11:02 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

3 c's ~ too funny. I'm a goof...no secret there, huh?

11:04 AM  
Blogger JC said...

My body seemed to fall apart at age 39 but now at 50+ I'm doing great. Hang in there.

12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As long as the mind is still intact life is all good.

2:09 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

jc ~ I'm a hangin, my friend, I'm a hangin!

epsilonicus ~ what a great view, thanks sweetheart! Wait...the mind...hmmmmmm, lol!

11:48 PM  
Blogger Believer said...

You make root canal sound like a trip in the park.

Obviously, you have a greater threshold for pain, discomfort, and drilling in your teeth! :D

1:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home