.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Little bit of this, a little bit of that.

Life is full around the house. Casey, of course, is home from college and Charlie has two more days to go until he's out of school as well. They'd been told they'd have jobs working for their dad this summer, but they got some bad news last week that their working there is no longer a probability. So, they've been out hunting at every opportunity, but as you can imagine, the job market is pretty well flooded with teens right now. Hey, I know what it's like...been there and done that. Prayers for them, please.

My long timers may remember the problem Casey had with his car a year and a half ago. Well, a turns out the engine he bought has some problems and we're praying that the company we bought it from honors the warranty. Prayers again, please.

Me...I'm having my knee surgery on Thursday. I'm eager to get it behind me and not have this pain on a daily basis anymore. I'll be off work for a tad over a week, all covered by workman's comp, thank you very much. But, I'll ask one more time; prayers please.

Charlie had his first real 'gig'. Played at a place called Fat Daddy's Sound Shack in Lewisville last weekend. The band rocked and Charlie was excellent! I've got a real rocker on my hands, I'm so proud of him. His band has got four more shows lined up for June so far. He said they want to 'tour' this summer, that they have some offers for Austin and around Texas. I don't know if I'm ready for that, even if he thinks he is. We'll see.

I do try to check on your blogs as often as I can. Seems like I'm constantly on the go and when I'm not, I'm icing this knee. But I do love and care about y'all. I'll have a lot of time to blog this next week. Whether I'll have anything interesting to say, well, can't promise that. But, it's never stopped me before, has it?

Hugs to all.

6 Comments:

Blogger DaBich said...

Prayers are being sent up on all counts. Hope the knee heals well for ya!

Enjoy your boys and enjoy summer!

HUGZ!

7:38 AM  
Blogger Not so evil Shenanigans said...

I know you'll find stuff to blog about and even when you're not there commenting - we all know you're there.

Prayers for you and yours. Hope all goes well with the surgery. I'll be thinking about ya.

10:27 AM  
Blogger GERBEN said...

Good luck tomorrow and my prayers on their way. ((hug))

3:02 PM  
Blogger LoveLladro said...

definitely saying prayers for you!

about checking blogs... do you happen to use google reader? it's an awesome tool for people like us who check many blogs. we can take this offline and I can help you set it up ;~)

8:15 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

I'll say a prayer for your surgery! I hope you have a speedy recovery. Knee problems are just awful!

I'm so proud of Charlie doing his first gig. Was he nervous? I hope not - he's really talented! I remember doing my first gig at an opened mic night. I was literally pushed on stage and thrown a guitar. It was the most scariest and BEST night of my life! I'll never forget it. And - it gets addicting.

Rest up Kath - I'll be checkin' in on you!

I'm back blogging again...(short lived resignation, huh???) But I'll be more present in the blogworld.

Love & miss you!!!

Tell Charlie congrats!!!!!!!!

8:26 AM  
Blogger Believer said...

Praying for you and the family for every need to be met, and exceeded.

{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}

Speaking those things that be not as though they were...good cars, good jobs, and good health!

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home