.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Canceled...and Declined

So I had a voicemail from Casey yesterday telling me that he'd lost his wallet; that he'd called and cancelled his debit card and I should call my bank and cancel mine (because he also has a Visa check/debit card to my checking account). It was after work when I'd gotten the voicemail and by the time I'd called the bank it was after hours so I had to go through the automated system. I gave the card number Casey used and was told that his card was canceled.

A few of us went out after work today, and when I paid with my Visa check card, the waiter came back to our table, kneeled down beside me and asked quietly if I had another card to pay with because the one I'd used had been declined.

All eyes were on me.

Extremely embarrassing.

Fortunately I was able to cover it, and I'd told the story at work earlier about Casey losing his card and my having had to cancel his card, so they understood what was happening. Still, it was really embarrassing.

By the way, one of Casey's professors found his wallet in a classroom. All in all, it's proving to be inconvenient, but so much better than it could have been. When I got the voicemail after work, all the way home I was praying that my checking account hadn't been cleaned out. That was the longest drive home! Nothing touched, the wallet has been found and it's all good. Well, it's mostly all good. :)

I wonder how long it will take me to get this straightened out...

*Turns out they cancelled my debit card (even though I gave them Casey's debit card number) instead...instead of Casey's. That means for the last two days, anyone who had that card could have been on a shopping spree. C'mon, how often do you get asked for i.d. when you use your your debit/check card as a credit? I never do. Anyway, I'm without a card now until I get my new one in the mail, and I'll have to change all the places my old card number was filed to my new one. Oh well...it could have been a LOT worse. Didn't catch my (or Casey's) angels unaware!

8 Comments:

Blogger DaBich said...

Losing a debit card/wallet can be a total nightmare, so I'm so happy for you two that Casey's was found.
It shouldn't take long to straighten it out, just as long as it takes to get a new one for Casey, and/or link it to yours.
Good luck!

4:35 AM  
Blogger 3carnations said...

What a pain. I'm glad it has a reasonably happy ending.

7:42 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I have actually had my debit card number stolen...not the card, just the number. So the person was able to go online and buy all kinds of stuff and I had no idea there was anythig even amiss.

A few weeks later and $1500 less in my account I found out about the problem. It was a nightmare trying to get everything taken care of, but eventually (many weeks later) I was reimbursed.

I am so glad that it was just an inconvenience and nothing more for you and Casey!!

1:13 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

dabich ~ well you know what? Through the whole thing, all I could think of was 'geeze, I hope dabich finds a way to get back into my blog'. ;)

3 c's ~ yup, but a little pain. Of all the pain I've had, it's nada, lol. :)

michelle ~ see, that's the sort of thing I was thinking about on the way home after I got his message. My pt person told me it'd happened to her and by the time she found out she'd been cleaned out and didn't have gas or food money. Scary world out there.

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im so glad it was not worse!! Someone could have stole you and Casey's identity.

6:28 PM  
Blogger LoveLladro said...

I did something similar to Casey... totally could not find my card anywhere. Started freaking out that it was in a parking lot, making its way to the wrong hands. I went to the bank, canceled everything and paid to get a new card. Went home, and found it.

Just had to shrug my shoulders and say it could have been worse ;~)

8:47 PM  
Blogger Believer said...

Dang! I left my wallet on my car last year and drove off. Most of the contents were stolen from it [cards and cash], but a kind couple did return it the same day. I still have a security thingy on my credit reports. Glad your nightmare ended better than mine did!

12:52 AM  
Blogger DaBich said...

kathi~ LOL! I found the way, thru YOU ;)
Glad all is ending so well with this, when it could have been a DISASTER. Thank goodness for guardian angels!

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home