.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Monday, April 14, 2008

Life is brighter!

Other than having come down with what I'm assuming was strep throat, I'm good. Nearly everyone in our office, which when you remember we have 32 women and 5 doctors is quite a lot of people, came down with this. Doctors were resting in the exam rooms between patients, coughing could be heard echoing in the halls from every direction and everyone was looking like they would kill to be able to go home. Nearly everyone went on the z pack and after the weekend, it's much better around here. Funny, though, it's left the chest and throat and has moved into the head of nearly everyone. Which, though it may be annoying, is nowhere near as painful. I'm not complaining at all. I'll suffer through the runny nose, sneezing and watery eyes...no problem. It's answering the phones with a raw throat that had me a bit grumpy on Thursday and Friday. I spent the entire weekend in bed, resting this darlin' body of mine, and along with the medication...I'm good!

I've been taking my little vitamin combo for a little over a week and I can already tell a difference. I'm so thankful that I've found the right combination of vitamins and what not to work for me, saves me so much money from the prescription, plus...they're vitamins which is naturally healthier for me in many other areas.

Charlie and I got an elleptical machine. Charlie had wanted a treadmill, but my ortho said absolutely not and that the elliptical would be much better for my knee. Now, Charlie loves it. I like it. :) Charlie will go at the top program for 40 minutes and still be able to hold a conversation with me...even though the sweat is pouring off of him. Me, not so much. I do considerably less and it's kickin' my butt so bad that I couldn't hold a conversation in my head. But, I will keep building up my stamina on it, and the best thing for me is that I can tell a huge difference in my knee when I use it.

Well, all, since I hadn't left my bed since Friday after work, there is little else to share with y'all. Hope all is well in your worlds!

10 Comments:

Blogger Not so evil Shenanigans said...

Glad you're feeling better and it seems you and Charlie are on quite the health kick - good for the two of you and I want that diet you were saying he lost 30 lbs on. I simply cannot seem to lose more than a pound or two and it's right back again. I'm determined to get on the treadmill tonite for at least 20 minutes:)

Oh, and I totally agree about Michael Johns. I was completely shocked when he got voted off. America definitely got it wrong.

3:46 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I love elleptical machines too. When I go to the gym, which isn't very often lately, that's the only machine I will get on. I have bad knees too, and a treadmill just leaves my poor knees feeling achey.

Glad you're feeling better, and I hope that y'all went around your office with a bunch of disinfectant!! It sounds like whatever y'all had is pretty serious stuff.

4:00 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

shannon ~ the diet, we both lost a lot of weight! My sister found out she was diabetic (as was my dad) and started eating as they told her and she lost a lot of weight. She told me it wouldn't hurt, since it runs in our family, to eat that way and when I did...I lost. So, Charlie started eating the same way and he lost. Basically, we cut out nearly all carbs. I've been a vegetarian all my life and didn't realize how high carbed a lot of fruits (and even some veggies) are. All that left me was mostly protien; eggs, cheese, seafood. Now, of course we eat it all in moderation. :)

Yeah, the Michael Johns situation sucks...I watched a lot of his stuff on youtube now.

michelle ~ I dunno if I'd say I loved them, but as far as exercise equipment goes, pretty cool. :)
And as far as the disinfetant, I can only speak for me, but I use my hand sanitizer ALL the time. Have it in my purse, on my desk...I'd use it before going to the bathroom (don't want to have anyone well come behind me and touch the door or the sink after I've touched them with my sick hands) or before I'd have to hand anyone anything. I HAVE BEEN USING LYSOL SPRAY LIKE CRAZY AT HOME THOUGH. Don't want my baby getting it.

8:22 AM  
Blogger Lynilu said...

With the family history, you are very wise to change your diet as you did. Good for you!

I hope you are symptom-free soon. Being sick like that just stinks. I'm surprised that the docs continued seeing patients with the crud!! Hmmmm. Good way to spread things like that. Oh, well, I'm a long way off! :D

12:23 PM  
Blogger GERBEN said...

Well girl I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better. Now I just hope your head clears up!

4:02 PM  
Blogger Believer said...

I remember getting strep and sympathize with the doctors resting in between seeing patients.

I hope that a wave of healthy germs will invade your workspace and stay.

So glad life is brighter for you!

8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad yur darlin' little self is feeling better and I hope it lasts for a long, long time :)

10:27 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Hope you're feeling better Kath! :) At the gym, I always use the elliptical. It gives me more of a workout without hurting my knees. Less impact. I need to get one of those puppies!

Hope you're doing great!
{{hugs}}

7:07 AM  
Blogger DaBich said...

YAY! I got in here! Thanks for the e-mail, lady.
So glad you're feeling better, in all ways.
Did anyone in the office CHECK to see if it WAS strep? There's a lot of nasty viruses going around, which are just as bad.
HUGZ!

4:33 AM  
Blogger LoveLladro said...

So glad to hear you are feeling better! We have been praying for you! Hugs from MD.

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home