.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Friday, April 25, 2008

Tagged for six

My friend, Believer 1964, the blogger formerly known as Rosemarie, has tagged me. The tag is to list six 'unspectacular' quirks that I have. Actually, I do believe I'm rather quirky and that I'm 100% spectacular, but I'm going to search myself and come up with six that would fit this tag.

Oh, let me post the rules.

* Link the person who tagged you.
* Mention the rules in your blog.
* Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.
* Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them.
* Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger's blogs letting them know they've been tagged.

So, here we go...

1. Regardless of how early I have to get up in the morning, I CAN NOT MAKE MYSELF GO TO BED. Seriously, I'll fight sleep every single night, watching t.v. or reading, instead of just laying down and going to sleep. I'll nod and do the jerk myself awake thing over and over before I give up and call it a day. Again, every single day I'll think that I'm going to go home and make myself have an early night. It has never happened.

2. I will not eat or drink after anyone. Not even my kids. I've never in my life taken a drink out of the same can or glass as someone else. Ewwww.

3. I have never gone to bed with makeup on. Can't do it. Regardless of how tired or lazy I am, I have always forced myself to wash my face. I hate washing my face at night, it's my least favorite thing to do. Some days I'll not wear makeup specifically so that I will not have to wash my face at night.

4. I can't lie. I use to. I use to lie just for the sport of it. But when I was 26 I stopped. I can't say I've not lied since I was 26, but I can say I've rarely lied. I'd rather take the consequences of telling the truth than the easy way out by telling a lie. It makes things a whole lot easier to keep track of.

5. When someone lies to me or 'cheats' me, I forgive them but I will no longer hang with them. Once, that's all it takes and I'm done. It's not that I'm holding a grudge, but if I can't trust you then I don't want you around me or my children.

6. I often have low self esteem. I don't really see it as a self esteem issue, but I'm told it is by those who love me. I often refrain from contacting someone, or asking people questions, because I don't want to bother them. My friends tell me this is because I look at myself as a bother...and I'd agree with that. So, often when someone doesn't hear from me for awhile or if they've told me to call them and I don't, it's not that I don't want to contact them, it's just that I don't want to bother them. I'd say I'm working on it...but that would be a lie. ;)

So, there you go; six unspectacular quirks. Y'all know I don't tag, but if you decide to do it, please stop by and let me know.

6 Comments:

Blogger LoveLladro said...

Ok... Let me be the first to say... A BOTHER? Are you kidding me? I don't mean to make light of how you feel but Kathi, you have to know... at least from me, you are never a bother! I look forward to hearing from you on my blog as much as I look forward to hearing from you on yours! Please know that you are never a bother to me and I hope you are always 'contacting me'!

10:08 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

lovelladro ~ thank you. That was really hard for me to share, so thanks for your kind words...and yes, I know that you mean it.

11:08 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

#2 & 3 I can totally relate to! I HATE sipping out of someone's glass - I never do it. But I cringe when somebody wants to take a sip of my drink. NO! (But I have to and then never drink it again...) Going to sleep with make up is what used to give me acne when I was younger - among stressful factors as well...

And you're never a bother. You're a beautiful person who people would LOVE to be around!

Now get yer' rear to NY woman!

9:00 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

deb ~ hon, 2 minutes in NY and you'd be checking on the earliest flight back to Texas for me. Trust me. :)
I've had people take a drink out of my glass and that's it, like you, I won't touch it. If they ask if they can taste it, I'll pour some into their glass or use a clean spoon or something, telling them I'm just odd that way. LOL, that's not news to anyone who knows me.

5:21 PM  
Blogger DaBich said...

A BOTHER!! Jeez, if I had the money I'd fly down there and kick yer adorable butt....you are NEVER a bother, lady...get it into yer head!
HUGZ!

7:53 AM  
Blogger Believer said...

Thanks for participating! As usual, you never disappoint your readers coming up with 6 more things we don't know about you.

My daughter and I are known to share the same water bottle. It's not something I do with others though.

By the way, I always look forward to your visits and comments.

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home