.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Friday, June 13, 2008

Release your faith

I believe that regardless of what life brings you, God is more than enough to see you through. Every time I've gone through rough spots, God has revealed to me why they were necessary...after I've gone through them.

Why?


Because if I were to see why I needed to go through them, I wouldn't have to exercise my faith to get through them. Yes, we exercise our faith for it to get stronger. Every time life throws me a curve ball, I remember what God has gotten me through before and I KNOW that He'll get me through whatever is before me again. No doubt. Each trial that I've gone through has prepared me to be able to go through the next one.


When you start lifting weights, you start low and the more you work those muscles the more you're able to lift. When you start running, you start off slow (probably 'power walking' if you're like me) and work your way up to a jog. Faith is the very muscle of our spirit man, it's core. The more we use it, the more it enables us to get through things that cripple the faithless.

I'm not going to lie to you and tell you that I've never felt like falling apart, I have. But I can, however, tell you with 100% honesty that as soon as that feeling tries to overtake me, my spirit man becomes HUGE. It's not me, but He who dwells within me. It's like I become 10 feet tall, seriously, I become the spiritual HULK and that part of me takes control...or more realistically, I give way to my spirit man. My spirit has walked by faith for 26 years. 2 Corinthians 5:7 : "For we walk by faith, not by sight". If I were to walk, live and react according to what I see, what I hear or what I feel, most of the time you'd find me in bed with the covers pulled over my head. But I've learned that is my natural man; who, just between you and I is a bit of nut case and tends to cower from problems. That's why I've learned to take a deep breath and give way to my spirit man.

Once I step aside and let my 'spiritual HULK' take over, I honestly feel "with God all things are possible", Matthew 19:26. ALL THINGS. They have no option, it's the natuaral order of things. When we give our problems over to God, our problems bow down. Immediately? To the conculusion that we want for ourselves? Now...that would be if our natural man were in control...and there would be no need to exercise our faith. And let's be honest, if you'd gotten everything you wanted, exactly when you wanted it...where do you think you'd be now? Me, I'd od'd a long, long, long time ago.

Have faith that no matter what you're going through, it doesn't stand a chance when you give it over to God. Your faith and God's power...no stopping that combination. Powerful stuff right there, darlin', powerful stuff.

15 Comments:

Blogger Gregory Anderson said...

Great post and great advice!

7:08 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

Thanks. Welcome.

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are right, God is more than enough to see you through. God provides, and won't abandon you. Blessing to you.

8:17 AM  
Blogger Johnnie Avocado said...

Love your thoughst, but also remember that God never promised smooth sailing. As hard as it is, sometimes he wants us in that uncomfortable place. I've found myself wondering why my situation is so difficult, but realize that this may be where God has me for a reason. God puts us in a place until we learn or see what he needs us to see, but often we never open our eyes. ( I'm not refering to your situation, just continuing the thought) Thanks for the post.

1:05 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

tom ~ I thought you were my old friend, Tom, but he corrected me. So...thank you, and welcome. :)

johnnie ~ that's exactly my point....guess I didn't make it. After each trial...and no trials are easy, they're making a way for God to work in our life in a way that is beyond our understanding. That's why we have to have faith that He see's the bigger picture. My point is that after the trial and we're able to look back (which I've been able to do many many times), and SEE why we went through that trial, it's simply awesome to see how God arranged things.

8:01 PM  
Blogger Natalie said...

Thanks for sharing that! I se myself in so much of what you said. :)

And thanks for the comment you left on my blog. I'm glad the cardboard testimonies touched you as well.

8:20 PM  
Blogger DaBich said...

More insightful reading from the wonderul kathi. Thanks lady :)

9:13 AM  
Blogger Seven said...

K,
I think that God is not just simply there to aid, but will take larger steps our direction by sharing the power that is the God power. That thinking is a purposeful blur of the distinction between God and yourself. Many have criticized me for making the statement that we ourselves can become God-like in purpose and power. I personally believe it is the vast sharing nature of the Creator and the natural order of the creation plan that will grant us the powers of God through faith. The strength you talk about is the epitome of power sharing delivered through the portal of your absolute faith.
Now, just try to keep the lightning and tornadoes down if you will.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

When I was with my personal trainer, we did strength training. She wanted my endurance to increase and to practice lifting the weights so that I could strengthen myself. Before I went to the personal training appointment, I prayed for strength and endurance both spiritually and physically.

"Physical exercise has some value, but spiritual exercise is much more important." 1 Timothy 4:8

I love that scripture! It helps me each day I go out there! :)

Thanks Kath!

11:28 AM  
Blogger Believer said...

God holds our hands through any trial, but as we mature, we can count on past victories with Him to lean on. Thank God that we know Him and have witnessed His faithfulness.

This is chuck full of powerful stuff and a must for my next Blog Safari.

Bless you for your testimony. Keep on keepin' on!

By the way, pick up your award [Sunday’s Post].

1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Faith and expectancy.

Strange how I keep repeating this....

Rock on! :)

11:31 PM  
Blogger nippercatshome said...

Hi Kathi, hubby and I are both wondering why God is putting us through such hard dealings that are have encountered lately. We wonder what we did wrong, and wonder why, but I guess in the end it will make us stronger I hope. It just seems like were dealing with 1 thing after another, plus my depression, WE wonder how much more we can take. Life is so hard sometimes. thanks for the post..Mary

9:41 PM  
Blogger Keasty said...

Without faith it's impossible to please God! I'm looking into FAITH and ONENESS IN CHRIST. That should keep me out of trouble.

2:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great reflection

2:26 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Very VERY encouraging.

Thank you. ((hugs))

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home