.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Kids

Casey and I celebrated our birthdays last week. My baby is 19 years old. All of my blog friends that have young children, please enjoy every single minute of it. Even on the bad days, and I know there are bad days, you can still pick them up and hold them...snuggle with them or hold their hand. That's not going to last forever. This is one of many things I can speak of from experience.
When Charlie was young, he'd always hold my little finger. Not my whole hand, he'd grab onto my little finger. It was 'our thing'. I miss that terribly. Casey, he'll still hold my hand, but now it's more like 'I love you mom' and not 'I need you mom'...and maybe sometimes it's even 'I feel sorry for you, old woman'...probably, I don't know. Nothing embarrasses Casey, and little embarrasses Charlie. I can take credit for that. :) I've always believed that if you can live through it, you can also get over it.

Casey will be leaving soon for his second year at UNT, and Charlie will be starting his senior year of high school. I don't know how it's possible. I see what wonderful men they are becoming. Both of them honest and caring young men, which I'll also take credit for. :) They're so independent and responsible...well, much more responsible than I was at 18 and 19 years old...or even at 25 years old if I want to be truthful. Casey will still call me 'Mommy' in a way that only he can pull off, and Charlie will sometimes call me Katheryn, in a way that only he can pull off, pronouncing it Katheryyyyyn. Sort of like when he'd hold my little finger, it's 'our thing'. Casey never calls me 'Katheryn' and Charlie never calls me 'Mommy'.

Charlie's band, Forgiven Atrocity, is really doing well. It's not my type of music. I actually love the music, it's the vocals that slay me (sorry, Tony, I love you though!!) but they're getting a lot of recognition and Charlie gets calls from other bands to play bass for them as a fill in. I'm so proud of him. He's got his image on a t-shirt, which is pretty awesome:






















How cool is that?? Yeah, he's without shirt or shoes...and that's pretty much how he always plays. Don't know why. He was influenced a lot by Red Hot Chili Peppers, so I'm just glad he's not up there butt naked except for a tube sock on his penis. I'm sure every mother has said that about her son at one time or another, right?? :)

Here is a picture of my guys at my birthday dinner...and as always, they're goofing off. One more year...I'm going to make the most out of it, trust me.


17 Comments:

Blogger DaBich said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Kathi! I see you definitely enjoyed it...you aer so blessed with those boys of yours :)
What are you? 29 and counting?? ;)

4:28 AM  
Blogger DaBich said...

WOW! I just visited their site, and I LOVE that sound they have. Since I am a Godsmack fan, and that's heavy metal, it doesn't surprise me! lol

4:36 AM  
Blogger 3carnations said...

Happy birthday. How did I not remember that our birthdays are close?

I try to enjoy every moment of it. Sometimes I get torn between helping him be bigger, and wanting him to stay small. For example, he still likes to be picked up and carried when we go places sometimes. I tell my little 41 pound man that he's a big boy and should walk...and then I pick him up anyway, because it won't be long before I CAN'T pick him up and carry him around.

8:44 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

dabich ~ ty, ty very much. Hon, I wouldn't go back to 29 if you paid me...well, maybe if you paid me A LOT, lol.
You like that death metal, huh? I'll let him know. :)

3 c's ~ I'd give anything if I could pick them up again. I'd carry him as long as he'd let you because the time that he doesn't want for you to will come way too soon, trust me.

11:40 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Happy birthday guys!!!! Wait, are your birthdays that close? I love the fact you have such a close relationship with your boys and I know you will continue to, as the bond only gets closer & closer. You're very fortunate, and so are they for having such a wonderful mom!

LOVE the t-shirt!

{{hugs}}

2:48 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

deb ~ thank you lovey!! Yup, he was the best birthday present EVER! :) I'm blessed, no doubt. ANNNDDDD so are you!

3:16 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Happy Birthday!! To you and to Casey. I am glad that you have been able to spend so much time with both of your boys.

That t-shirt is pretty cool, and yeah, I agree that you need to be thankful that he at least has pants on. ;)

8:17 PM  
Blogger Lynilu said...

You are SO right about kids growing up too fast. I blinked and mine are 38 and 44.

Your boys are great!

9:29 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

michelle ~ thank you honey! I'm crazy about the shirt!

lynilu ~ hon, can't even imagine...don't want to yet. :(

10:27 PM  
Blogger LoveLladro said...

i am really trying to remember to enjoy all of it (even the bad days!) because i know it goes fast... even the past 9 months have flown by... i can't imagine the past 19 years! you have 2 awesome boys there... i can only hope my little boy grows up with the love and respect that they have!

BTW - new pic = AWESOME! so beautiful!

9:07 PM  
Blogger Kuan Gung said...

Time really does fly and I'm sure most young couples understand that concept or will even say they can't wait until they grow up. What precious moments and then there's silence...looks like your son may be on to something very exciting!

9:27 PM  
Blogger Johnnie Avocado said...

Happy Birthdays....and sweet on bass reputation. Maybe you could just ask him to hold your pinky once in a while...hahaha

7:35 AM  
Blogger GERBEN said...

Happy birthday, a little late. *blush* Sorry honey, I have found myself very busy with just life stuff. I'm sure you can understand.

Now.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I WANT A SHIRT WITH THAT PICTURE ON IT!!!!

That is super cool! I hope the fact that a 33 yr old mother thinks he is cool, is not, you know, uncool. :-/

But for real. I would totally dig that shirt. Really!!

10:07 AM  
Blogger 3carnations said...

Thanks for checking on me - I'm great - We were on vacation! :)

11:01 AM  
Blogger Believer said...

Happy Birthday!

That is one cool t-shirt! :D I likey even though hard rock isn't my style.

My husband recently mentioned about the band's tube-sock penis thing. Nasty!

My daughter holds one finger of mine when we are in the parking lot. Awwwwww! I love this time with her and treasure every moment!

12:24 AM  
Blogger Keasty said...

Thanks for sharing a bit of those early years. Wait till you have grandkids Kathi! It's cool stuff all over again.

3:46 AM  
Blogger Johnnie Avocado said...

Time for an update

7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home