.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sunday in Denton

Casey's girlfriend, Ashley, visited him this weekend at UNT. Ashley attends Hardin-Simmons. They invited Charlie and I up Sunday to go to church with them. I love The Village where Casey goes to church. I've been a few times and it's worth the hour drive to go, it's an awesome church.

After chuch we had dinner at El Gaupo's. I love this place. It's where we had Casey's dinner when he graduated from high school. I got the same thing I got then, the Voodoo Shrimp. Asked for extra spicy and they sure did deliver.

After dinner we visited Wal-mart to pick up some things for Casey. One of the things I love about Ashley is how she and Casey are so much alike. Their sense of humor is so similar, and it's like they just 'get' each other. The entire time I'm around them, I've got a smile on my face. Let me give y'all some pictures of the day.




















Casey filled up our cart as soon as we got there with the best the store had to offer. :)





















Casey and Charlie with sweet Ashley. By the way, that's a pretty awesome shirt Charlie has on, wish I'd gotten a better picture of it.






















We got Casey a web cam to go with his lap top so he can see Ashley when they chat. Mine has one built in, as does Ashley's. But, Casey's Gateway just didn't allow him to get up close and personal, so we had to fix that!





















Wish I could capture how gorgeous this girl is inside and out. Casey and Ashley have been good friends for years, since the middle of high school. I'm glad they've taken it to the dating stage.

When we were at Casey's house in Denton, Charlie found a shirt of a female friend of Casey's that had been left in his room. He disappeared into Casey's closet for a couple of minutes...and this is what made us all laugh for a good couple of minutes. Gotta love my kids, they're smile makers for sure!




















Yup, that's a Hannah Montanna shirt he's got on, LOL. How cute is he?? Then Casey tells me that he wore this shirt, that came way north of his belly button, a pair of low riding shorts that showed color coordinated boxers that matched the shirt...on the FIRST day of classes this year at college. WHY??? I dunno, he goes for laughs, I guess, I just don't know.

And just one more picture. I know, I'm such a proud mom...but I love this picture of Casey. It's his Chi Alpa basketball team. Casey is front row on the left.


There you go. I'm all done. See, the thing is, my life is soooo not perfect, but I am blessed beyond belief. And, I am grateful. Each and every minute of my life, I am grateful.

21 Comments:

Blogger DaBich said...

Your boys are just simply awesome. Casey's girl is beautiful :)

LOL on the hannah Montana shirt...
I agree, you ARE blessed :)

4:05 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

They're goofy, that's for sure, and I've not the foggiest where they get it from. ;) Thanks, I think she's beautiful,too, inside and out.

I KNOW, I had to make Charlie take it off or he was gonna wear it to eat and Wal-mart! Repeat..GOOFY.

6:44 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Charlie wearing that Hannah Montana shirt is priceless. I'm still giggling.

Glad y'all had such a great time together, sounds like a pretty awesome day.

7:50 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

Isn't he a hoot? Love these kids! It was a good day. :)

9:16 AM  
Blogger GERBEN said...

LOL, I love the pics girl! Those boys of yours are so funny!! You are one lucky momma.

10:32 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

kidd ~ from one lucky momma to another, I know it!!

11:26 AM  
Blogger LoveLladro said...

I love your kids! I love that they know how to laugh and have fun without worrying what other people think! There should be more people like that in the world! Ashley is very beautiful... her and Casey make a handsome couple! And Charlie in that Hannah Montana shirt... just wonderful! Such a fun spirit! Hugs to you and your boys!

8:00 PM  
Blogger Believer said...

ROFL! The Hannah Montana shrunken shirt and your son's look are priceless.

You're blessed indeed!

Great photos thanks for sharing your joy!

1:14 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

lovelladro ~ thank you, what sweet things to say, and I really appreciate it. Hugs right back at'cha!

believer ~ wasn't that hysterical? We were laughing and he makes this face and says 'what? you don't think I'm pretty?' LOL. What I loved, too, was he took Casey's arm band off the dresser to put on as an accessory, LOL. Goofs.

9:32 AM  
Blogger Lynilu said...

Your boys are the cutest, and I love how they include you in their lives. Color yourself a unique and blessed mom!

7:05 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

lynilu ~ I am colorful!

6:31 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

I was cracking up with the Hanna shirt he has on! What a funny guy he is! Now wait, does Ashley blog too? Haven't I seen her comment on here from time to time? :) These are great photos Kath!

7:32 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

deb ~ I LOVE these guys, they're the most 'secure with themselves' people I've ever met. You see Ashley's name on my facebook. :)

8:28 AM  
Blogger da buttah said...

Not sure what's worse-that I can't believe how awesome of a mom you are, or that I'm this insane and photo-happy with my pets.

It's a toss up.

2:55 PM  
Blogger HuneeB said...

Your kids are so great! I love that he wore that shirt to the first day of school :) being able to laugh and laugh at yourself is so important...

1:34 PM  
Blogger HuneeB said...

Oh and Kathi you are lookin great! HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGS!

1:35 PM  
Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

Those are some PRICELESS pictures!! I love em!!

And I want some of that Voodoo Shrimp. Anything with that name has GOT to be good!

8:54 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

da buttah and huneeb all at the same time, I feel like it's a reunion.
da buttah I've finally found again, but huneeb, where the hell have you been???? oh, lol, and thank you kindly.

cheryl ~ compliment my kids and we're destined for best friends, for sure! :)

11:25 PM  
Blogger HuneeB said...

Kathi, I've still been here just not blogging and doing minimal commenting. I just don't have the time to dedicate to this like I did...i.e. my job is much more demanding now, but that's a good thing :)

5:13 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

Casey's girlfriend is cute.

10:41 PM  
Blogger MOMSWEB said...

I admire how you support your son's girlfriend. I hope I can be as supportive when the time comes. I'm a little protective right now, but he's only thirteen. I have time to mentally prepare myself - I hope!

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home