.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Monday, December 22, 2008

Still my baby

Charlie's birthday is Wednesday, Christmas eve. My baby will turn 18 years old. How is it possible that he is legally a man when it seems like yesterday he was barely knee high with his little arms stretched up at me wanting me to pick him up and carry him everywhere? Where is the little guy that would curl up in my lap and fall asleep while I played with his hair or scratched his back? What I would give to have one week of that time back. One week of his taking my face in his precious little hands, making me look him right in the eyes as he'd give me a kiss and say 'I love you Mama'. One week of his dressing up in the craziest outfits, from the cardboard pop carton torn just enough to be worn as a hat to the bike helmet with water goggles. He still has that imagination. He still has that same sweet spirit and gentle nature that he had as a child. Somewhere in that 6'1" frame of what is legally an adult is my little boy...and my little boy he will always be. Always.

Happy Birthday Charlie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home