.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Just a thinkin'

I wonder, sometimes...not all the time, but sometimes, what it is that makes us tick. As for me, and as it's been pointed out lately, I consider it to all be about me (no Katy, this isn't about you or the shirt you sent me), but I do wonder, sometimes, why we each choose as we do.

Some choose the easy roads in life. Regardless of what the day brings, they take the easiest way possible. Does that ever work out? Don't know, NEVER TRIED IT. I know several who have, though, and they honestly seem to be happy with whatever life brings them.

Some choose the hardest road possible. Their life is constantly full of turmoil and they never seem to do anything but complain. I know several of these people, also. Many times I'll want to say "why didn't you just..." but I've learned by now that it would have been an easier route and less for them to complain about, so I just let it go.

Then, there are some who actually try to use logic. What would happen if...what would have the best chance of working out if... I probably fit best in this category. Sadly. I'm a thinker, though some would beg to differ.

Lately, though, I'm pondering the choices we make and why. Is it easier to take the easiest way possible and be concerned with tomorrow should it ever show up? Is it best to make it as hard as possible for ourselves and spend all of our time worrying over things we have no control over. Or, is it best to 'ponder'...consider our options, and try to plan not only for the worst, but for the best that could happen?

Not really a serious post...just a wondering...because that's what I do. When I'm not all consumed with myself, of course.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lynilu said...

I've had similar ponderings, Kathi, and I still don't know. I have asked myself over and over why I made certain choices in my life. I'm smarter than that! But you wouldn't know it if you charted my life! If you figure this one out, let me know, OK?

11:37 PM  
Blogger A Plain Observer said...

I am not sure any of those three categories fit me. I was called "an effort girl" recently by a friend, and maybe that is it. I put effort into all the things that are in my life, maybe more effort than most deserve but...that is me

7:44 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

lynilu ~ yeah, for a thinker I end up in some crazy situations. :) Life...

jbt ~ and you're wonderful just the way you are. I know I didn't put a category up for nearly enough....did this post quickly waiting for a friend to call.

2:20 PM  
Blogger LoveLladro said...

Oh... the hardest road possible and then complain about it people. I cannot deal with them. I am learning more and more that life is too freaking short to complain about every little detail. I am all for a hearty 'wtf' now and again but when it becomes every word... time to rethink life.

I am trying my best to just see what God has in store for me. Usually if I am patient and seeking, the path opens in front of me.... sometimes in places where I never saw a path.

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home