.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Monday, August 03, 2009

Rock Solid

Every word I said, I meant it. Every time I told you I missed you, it was true. Every time I told you I loved you, my heart was demanding to be heard. I'll never change day to day, week to week or month to month. I am rock solid.

So many times I've walked away because I was too honest to stay. Each time I was able to walk away with my head held high, knowing that I was doing what was right. The alternative held no attraction to me, shame had no hold on me. Still.

I had learned as a child to protect my heart. I had built a wall around it that could not be breached, until you. Make no mistake, you did not find a way in; I gave you entrance. I invited you in. I trusted you...I trusted you.

Every day is a lesson. In life, in love...every day a lesson. I'll take what you have taught me, I hope I'll forget what I've forgiven and I'll remember what my heart is capable of. Although each day changes, people rarely do; and as every day is a lesson, I learned a great deal from you.

As I was before you, as I will be after you, I will forever be true to my heart. Though perfection has never been my strong suit, honesty has been. I am today as I was yesterday, as I was last week and as I was last month, rock solid.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is good! It makes me want to dissect it and dig deeper.

1:58 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

believer ~ thank you. And dissect away, hon, I have no secrets. :)

12:40 PM  
Blogger Lynilu said...

I have a friend who is struggling to be true to herself, to protect her heart, while being in a relationship. She is doing well, but her partner doesn't understand the balance of you/me. It's not often easy, is it?

2:36 PM  
Blogger A Plain Observer said...

Damn, Girl! this is good! I feel like this letter belongs in one of those books of famous letters.

3:04 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

lynilu ~ I started to say that nothing worth it is ever easy...but I'm wondering, if it's real...shouldn't it come naturally...and shouldn't natural be easy? I don't know. Apparently, I don't know. I know I need to be a better judge of character.

3:08 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

jbt ~ thanks babe. It's from the heart, however broken it may be. But, I'm a survivor, and I do learn my lessons.

3:10 PM  
Blogger A Plain Observer said...

waiting for the sequel, we're hanging

8:08 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

I really love this. Kathi it read like one of those daily inspirations, I am Rock Solid. Thanks for sharing this. I realize it is about you but your words have reached us all.

12:20 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

jbt ~ our lives are a sequel.

rose ~ kind words, thank you.

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home