.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Friday, June 09, 2006

Warning: Female May Be Having A Hot Flash

How is it I can go to Wal-mart to buy some new Rubbermaid containers and walk out $173.00 poorer? I hate Wal-mart. I honestly believe you should have a list when you walk in, and they assign you a personal assistant that will tazer you should you stray from the list.
Really, I'd rather be seen flip flopping around on the floor like a fish out of water than to walk out of Wal-mart with sacks upon sacks of spur of the moment purchases.

How is it my thermostat is set 0n 65 degrees, but it's reading at 78 degrees in my home? My air is constantly running, everything is in good working order and all filters are clean. I'm in Texas and the average temperature is running aroung 101 degrees outside. I'm not comfortable. Seriously. I know 78 isn't that hot, but I need to be cooler...and if I put on any less clothes, my kids are going to have to walk around blindfolded.

Casey's iPod broke last week. The Apple store said that the hard drive is broken. Apparently, this happens. It's may be 3 years old, and is the U2 Special Edition. This blows me away, but he's selling it on ebay. He showed me where a lot of them are being sold around $70 and up. His is at $40 right now with 3 bids and still has a little over a couple days yet to go. Who'd thought? I've put accurate pictures up of it and clearly stated about 3 times that it is broken and that the Apple store thought it was the hard drive. Casey went back on ebay and said 'sold as is'...just to be sure.

Charlie's favorite guitar is broken, too. What's with this house lately? He said that it can't be repaired, that all the strings on the inside are wrapped and broken (whatever that means) and it broke off from the volume something or other (yeah, I pay attention). So, he's wanting a new guitar. He's got about 1/4 of the price of the new one he wants. Should I loan him the money or make him wait till he saves it all (or at least more). He's really good at paying us back and he works hard around here for his allowance. We know his music is important to him, but he won't take the broken one in to see if it can be repaired. I sort of feel that if he just wants a guitar to play, he should see if it could be repaired and save for a new one.

I had this dream about Mark last night, early this morning, to where I was so angry at him, that I was yelling and pushing him around. In life, this has never happened, but I woke up so mad at him that I could barely look at him. I can't remember the dream completely, but it had something to do with his telling the boys they couldn't have something and instead he bought himself something huge and ridiculous. No, I don't remember what. But anyway, I was furious with him right up until the time I walked him out to his truck this morning. I even shorted his to-go coffee sugar and cream on purpose. How bad is that? How can I get so mad at a silly dream?

Our city has the water shortage laws into effect and we're only allowed to water our yard with sprinklers once a week, on the day our trash is picked up. A couple of houses on our street have already been ticketed. This really ticks me off. I've spent a lot of money and time on my yard and it's drying and dying. You can use the yard hose by hand to water plants and animals, that's it. How do I know that people aren't using my yard water by taking 4 or 5 extra showers a day, or letting their toilets run without caring? What are my legal rights here, anyone know?

Seriously, I'm dying here. I'm hot and irritable. Maybe I'm having hot flashes on top of the heating spell going on here. And, how fair is that? Why can't men have the hot flashes instead, at least they could run around in their shorts and shirtless without being arrested...or shunned by the neighbors.

28 Comments:

Blogger Read This said...

1. Move. Hell will always be hot, even if they are calling it Texas nowadays.
2. I had the same problem. It was not the filters, but it was that too much gunk had accumulated inside. They cleaned it, and now all is well. I have the air running anytime it's over 75, and the fan when I sleep.
3. Those darn kids and their ipods. I think they know how to fix them, or at least sell them for a lot more without the warning of it being broken.
4. Make the kid pay for it, but if you have the cash now...buy it for him. Just make him promise when he makes it big, you get a new house with better air out of the deal. Music is important to the boy, and if that is what he is spending his money on...it could be a lot worse.
5. Again, you are on my list of people I will never purposely make mad.
6. Water shortage? What the heck? I don't know how you people live down there.
7. I'm guessing if you run around shirtless, no one will complain..then they will be distracted while you water the lawn. Which ticket is more, shirtless woman or watering the lawn? Pick the lesser of the two and everyone is happy.

5:47 PM  
Blogger -Tommy said...

Wow... I think I'm just gonna keep my distance till things or hormones cool down.

OhandIdbringtheguitarinbutyoudidn'thearitfromme!

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You must be really going through some drama down there!!!

7:00 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

tom A ~ Texas summers are definitely not for wimps, better stay in Michigan. :) I don't know why you're afraid to make me mad, am I the only one that enjoys a good fight every now and then?

tom S ~ could be a while, sad to say. I owe you an email, I know...sorry. LOL, Mark said tonight he wants to buy him a guitar to let Charlie know that he is behind him and proud of him. I'm proud of Mark for wanting to do that.

epsilonicus ~ completely unlike me, trust me.

8:34 PM  
Blogger SmileDragon said...

Kathi, I walked into my house today and the thermo. was set on 73 and for some UNKOWN reason the house was only 83. WHAT'S GOING ON!?! I closed some vents in the rest of the house to get the livingroom to cool down. It was WAAYYY hot!

I feel ya.

8:47 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Runs to the heater to turn it up so that Kathi can walk around nekkid...

Sorry. That's the homosexual pervert coming out of me! ;)

LOVE YOU!!!

10:30 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

Hot flashes are something else. When you are having them, everything seems worse.

I once had a dream about my husband and I was so angry the next morning he thought I was losing m mind...

12:33 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

crystal ~ are you under the water shortage alert too? We're at stage 3.

deb ~ you're gay??? Well, hell...that explains alot. LOL, love you so much, I missed you something awful!

rose ~ I had a complete hysterectomy about 5 years ago (emergency surgery, but they took it all) and I'm on hormones...so why am I having these stupid hot flashes??? And I'm SO glad to hear I'm not the only one that transfers dream feelings into waking feelings. Thanks for sharing!

12:56 AM  
Blogger DZER said...

same thing happens to me at Ross. Go in there for a sauce spot and spend $100 on miscellaneous stuff.

repair the guitar, if it can be repaired.

ALL my neighbors shun me, and I haven't even gone topless around them yet ;)

5:03 AM  
Blogger BigBill said...

Holy crap!! The last few posts are pretty intense!! Are you OK? I know the blog is a place to vent but MY Goodness Woman get a-hold of yourself!!! (simulated black and white movie chivelry slap to the face) LOL!! Just thought I would stop by and read some complaints LOL. Well now I am gonna go beat someones ass!!!
Peace out cool off!!

9:36 AM  
Blogger Johnnie Avocado said...

I say site down with him and clearly set up a payback schedule for the guitar. My parents did a similar thing with me when I was young. Taught me a lot. What kind of guitar is he shooting for?

10:49 AM  
Blogger SmileDragon said...

Kathi, nope. We are in the hillcountry, outside of city limits. No water restrictions out here. Plus, we are like a few minutes walking from the lake. But, I know we are having a shortage. The lake is down like 30 feet or something CRAZY like that.

I have been trying to conserve elsewhere, so I can apply that to the yard. I only shower once a month now, and I only wash my clothes once a month, and we only flush once a week.

AAAAAAAHHH, ha ha ha. Just kidding, really. I still water my yard, we are on a well, and the landlord told us he wanted us to keep watering the yard, sooo.

11:53 AM  
Blogger Shawn said...

Oh don't you sound mite bit testy? Please can someone get this woman some ice cold water for her hot flashes and some rain for her lawn.

The ebay phenomenon still amazes me.

That was cold what you did to Mark especially considering you knew it was a dream.

I say let Charlie save a lot more money for a new one before you offer to help.

12:17 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

dzer ~ Never been in a Ross, but I've seen them and now I know to stay clear of them.
Oh, and you're so silly.

bill ~ trust me babe, this isn't the week to get on my bad side. Wait, I'm pretty sure all sides are bad this week. Best to just keep your distance. :)

johnnie ~ he's wanting a Jackson Rhodes (I think that's right).

crystal ~ I loooonnnnnggggg for the hill country!! Seriously.

shawn ~ thank you, thank you so much for caring...smart ass. :)
Yeah, I know I was in the wrong, didn't it sound like I knew I was wrong??
Just giving you a hard time, cause it so darn easy to do! LOL...love ya.

12:43 PM  
Blogger sassinak said...

kathi: take it in AT the store where he wants a guitar and ask them if the estimate for repairs fee can be rolled into a new guitar if it turns out to be beyond repair.

that said, if he wants a new guitar because his is total shite and the new one would be much nicer? or the repair bills are 25% or more of the cost of a new one?

draft him a loan. :)

*huggers*
*runs sprinkler for you to run through*

12:58 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

sass ~ I LOVE YOU!

1:23 PM  
Blogger Keasty said...

Yeah Kath... damn hot round Kansas-Missouri too. Fay is feeling the heat a bit. We fly to Vancouver Tues so that will help a bit. Our time in Dallas and waco was enjoyable but I can imagine how hot it is now. Strip down and drink Aussie beer (my son would say.)

4:50 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

keasty ~ I do like the way your son thinks.

9:31 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

I hate how hot is it. Its freakin June for crying out loud.

My thermostat stays on 70 and I know I am going to have a $300 elec. bill but I just dont care. Its worth ten bucks a day for me to have at least one place where I wont be hot and crabby.

3:07 AM  
Blogger Dizzie said...

It's a bit like the Jerry Seinfeld stand-up where he talks about walking assertive into a store to buy milk, and half a minute later, you end up wandering up and down the aisle, checking everythign that you don't need, just because it's there... and then you buy it!

That's why I'm not allowed credit cards any more... :)

//Hart

10:33 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Where's my hawtie??? Where ya go?

And yes. I'm gay. I'm "happy". Catch me in a few minutes with a bi-polar moment and I can be depressed automatically. Woo.

Cherish your hot flashes girl. My type of 'flashes' are worse! ;)

Love you! :)

11:19 AM  
Blogger Brea said...

I feel the smae way about Target. I CAN NOT go in there without spending at least $50. Sorry to hear about the hot flashes. I remember when my Mom was going through that. I hope it doesn't last long.

8:52 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Hi! Thanks for the comment you left me. You're very sweet. You also write VERY well. I haven't been here before, got lotsa reading to do to catch up!

BTW- Wal-Mart gets me too. And DOLLAR TREE. How can I spend $50 in a place where everything is a dollar?

2:43 PM  
Blogger sassinak said...

my hell is actually the grocery store

fortunately i have small cupboards in my current abode.

7:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I was gonna respond earlier, but I had to run turn the AC up. It's gotten way up to 71 degrees in here. I was not cool once in New Mexico. It's been in the 70s here outside, and 70 inside my place. I say burn freon, let the kids buy their own damn ozone layer.

P.S. When it comes to hot, I vote run to Walmart, buy blindfolds for the kids, run around nekkid. What the heck.

8:43 PM  
Blogger ~ Amanda X&O said...

Make the kid save his allowance and buy the guitar himself.

Maybe after he's gone without for 3 or 4 months he'll start rethinking his notion of not having it fixed, and truly start to understand the value of a dollar.

11:44 AM  
Blogger Sydney said...

I actually moved here to Alabama from Austin about six years ago. And as hot and muggy as it is here, its always about ten degrees hotter and a bit more humid in Texas. Just last week I was sitting in my car and remembering how poor I was when my son and I lived in Texas (things are substantially better here) and how I had to drive a car with no AC. And how after that, for a time I had no car. And I was grateful upon remembering that because I remember at that time that I thought things would NEVER EVER get better or be ok and I was proved wrong.

About WalMart - I'm the same way, I go in for two items and then can't seem to get out the door for less than $200 bucks that I did not NEED to spend in there!


I have to say that this is one area where the guys seem to be a little better at going in and just grabbing what they need. Or am I wrong?

3:16 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

Nope, you're not wrong. Drives me nuts, too...lol.

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home