.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

You Can't Go Forward Without Moving

Life is such an amazing journey. Every day is just another step on a ladder to get us to the top, to our destination. Sometimes I sit on a step and rest, sometimes I'm in such a hurry I skip a step and sometimes I fall. Okay, for those of you who really know me, you know I fall down a lot. But hey, I never stay down and 99% of the time I get up laughing because crying has never once gotten me anywhere.

What I've learned in the past few days is that friends are merely people who are as human and are as vulnerable to human error as I am. Just because they are my friend does not give them immunity to being a total jerk or a complete ass at one time or another. And, sometimes I get caught up in their human frailty. I can either learn from it (as recently pointed out to me) or dwell on it.

If this isn't making sense to you, don't worry. It's not you...it's me. I'm just thinking out loud.

I'm thankful for those who are around to hold my ladder steady when I need some help, and for those who tell me to pick my lazy butt up off that step and keep on climbing. I'm not too proud to tell you, I can't do it alone. Even if I could, I wouldn't want to.

15 Comments:

Blogger Read This said...

I will hold the ladder, but don't wear a dress...lol

9:49 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

I'm surprised you didn't say "IF I'd wear a dress. :) Yeah, I know you.

10:09 AM  
Blogger mikster said...

Damn....there went my dress comment.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Shawn said...

hahaha @ y'all and the dress comments

I don't like holding ladders anymore. People forget to invite you up once they make it to the top rung or push the ladder off the side of the building you've helped them ascend...

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once you reach the top look down for me I'll be right behind you

abi

11:56 AM  
Blogger Keasty said...

It's all about growth eh? We've gotta want to grow... in all areas. Yeah Kathi... as quiet as you are... I'll hold a ladder for you!
Off to Wichita tomorrow for a week or so.

2:49 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

mike ~ LOOK!! I can see you now, NOT. LOL, Tom beat you to it, huh? Now that's funny!

shawn ~ I have no doubt that if I needed something from you that you would be there for me. And you know that I would never forget to invite you up with me.

abi ~ as little as you are darlin, you can climb beside me. Love you!

keasty ~ yeah, guess that's why it takes some longer to climb than others. Thanks for holding my ladder, enjoy and be safe in Wichita.

3:07 PM  
Blogger sassinak said...

well honey, i don't know what's up in your life but i'm sad to hear that some of the people you were counting on didn't have what you needed.

moreso i'm sad that you're upset.

all of that said? at least you have the ladder friends right?

4:29 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

sass ~ thanks sugar pie!! But it's all good, I've dealt with it and I'm over it. As my buddy told me, deal with it and go on.

5:25 PM  
Blogger LoveLladro said...

I just wanted to let you know, I really enjoy your blog. I know I told you that before but I thought it was time for a reminder ;~) Thanks again!

10:03 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

I love your last sentence..

10:33 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

lovelladro ~ what a precious thing to say. Thank you.

anne ~ I'm glad babe.

10:39 PM  
Blogger Leesa said...

The climb, not the destination, is what matter, kathi. I will hold the ladder for you and let you know when the wind starts blowing.

2:54 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

leesa ~ what a precious thing to say. Thank you.

9:35 PM  
Blogger Brea said...

So true, we need one another. Short and powerful post.

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home