.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Friday, May 19, 2006

I Can't Remember You

I remember how the sound of your voice could make everything right,
but I can't remember the sound of your voice.

I remember how contagious your laughter was,
but I can't remember your laugh.

I remember how your eyes could hold me captive,
but I can't remember the color of your eyes.

I remember how your touch removed me from the rest of the world,
but I can't remember the feel of your touch.

I remember how breathing deeply filled my being with your scent,
but I can't remember the scent that you left on my pillow.

I remember how falling asleep with your arms around me made me feel safe,
but I can't remember the feel of your arms around me.

I remember how natural it felt to love you,
but I can't remember...you.


*This is dedicated to a friend of mine who is throwing away the physical trying to forget the emotional...the heart holds memories of its own.

13 Comments:

Blogger M (tread softly upon) said...

this is beautiful.

8:33 AM  
Blogger Kelli said...

Oh Kathi.. that was good...

9:03 AM  
Blogger sassinak said...

oh kathi

wow.

and i feel this way myself about a person or two... i hope your friend is okay.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Read This said...

Remember it all I say. The good and the bad, the pain and the joy...all part of the package. Your writing is so very good..thanks...

11:16 AM  
Blogger Johnnie Avocado said...

I love your thoughts....

11:30 AM  
Blogger Keasty said...

gday Kathi. Thanks for your thoughts.
Just called by. Back in Wichita, Kansas now after 2 wks around Four Corners. Wow! Off to Branson, Missouri next.

2:05 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

m ~ thank you.

anne ~ ;)

sassy ~ thanks, I'm sure she's gonna be, she's a strong woman.

tommy tom tom ~ me too, but what I was trying to say is that even though you remember the feeling, the reality of it fades over time, whether we want it to or not. Like...I remember my Mom use to stroke my hands, like she was trying to memorize them, but I can't remember how her touch felt.

johnnie ~ thank you very much, nice to hear someone say that!

keasty ~ Missouri is beautiful! You'll love it.

5:56 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

This is so beautiful...so telling

10:23 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

rose ~ thank you so much.

10:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lovely sentiments, very nice, have a great weekend

cheers

11:40 PM  
Blogger mikster said...

Now this could bring back memories for most people.

8:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it
» » »

5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool guestbook, interesting information... Keep it UP
New face lift wrinkles What wellbutrin treats Alabama football on radio http://ynxjcshz79.blogspot.com/ Mesothelioma lawsuits mesothelioma disease Superior hot tubs Family medical insurance major medical health insurance Mature panty gallery football colts Hentai costume football street hockey

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home